Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon 4-1 Huddersfield - Match Report  (Read 1760 times)
samjd341

Ignore
« on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 21:17:20 »

Hi, I am new to this site and I attended the F.A. Cup game against Huddersfield on Saturday. I was very impressed by the Town Side, the best I have seen them play since the 'play-off' season so I thought I would write a match report. THis is the first time that I have done anything of the sort so I would be grateful if you could give it a read and give me some feedback. I have attached the file. Thanks Smiley

* Swindon vs Huddersfield - 12.11.doc (34.5 KB - downloaded 237 times.)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 21:52:36 »

welcome. Are you a younger member among us Town Fans? Please don't take this site or reviews of the match report too seriously.

Its nice to read what other people think of the game. I'm sure those not able to get to the game will be even more appreciative.

I had a quick read of your report, um, well for a start The People didn't dob us in to the football league. They just reported what had happened in a sensationalised way. I'm sure it didn't help our cause in the slightest, but the 'dobber' came from within the club.

On the report itself, personally I'd go for a bit shorter next time as it is quite a lot to read. There are a few things that need a bit of work, for instance

probably to try and give the team some fresh legs. This gave the home side some extra legs when going forward

and a few spelling mistakes, etc.

I think I'll leave it for others to comment further but thanks for the effort.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 21:54:19 »

Hi, I am new to this site and I attended the F.A. Cup game against Huddersfield on Saturday. I was very impressed by the Town Side, the best I have seen them play since the 'play-off' season so I thought I would write a match report. THis is the first time that I have done anything of the sort so I would be grateful if you could give it a read and give me some feedback. I have attached the file. Thanks Smiley

Being honest, I would say sort out the grammar. Odd capitalisation, homophones and incorrect apostrophes make it tricky to read. Secondly read lots of other writing, and study it. What makes it good, or bad. Thirdly, keep writing. As often as you can, write something, anything.

If you want someone could go through line by line and talk about alternative wording or structure but that can be demoralising, even if you are a seasoned pro. Instead just keep trying, keep writing and re-writing.

Oh and don't take others' feedback too much to heart.
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 22:01:41 by A Gent Orange » Logged
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 21:54:51 »

I'm not going to say too much. Fair play for giving it a go and you described some of the play quite well.

However, the fact it's over 2000 words long would be the first thing to point out for improvement. You wrote over 200 words before getting to any match action, and then went on a 5 minutes digression about the shirt sponsor! Not really necessary in a 'match report'.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 21:59:36 »

i enjoyed the part about ferry's ferocious shit toward the end:

Simon Ferry lead the cavalry once again and let rip a ferocious shit from just inside the penalty area
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 22:25:57 »

Welcome Sam. If the above typo was deliberate you'll fit in just fine.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, November 14, 2011, 07:36:03 »

Caddis didn't get League Two Player of the Month.
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, November 14, 2011, 09:17:46 »

Smiley Well done, a bit too long but pretty much simmed up the game I saw, so useful to read if you weren`t able to get to the game.

Bathtime
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #8 on: Monday, November 14, 2011, 12:59:22 »

TL;DR
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: