Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Danny Baker back on 606  (Read 3117 times)
Gelbfüßler

Was gücksch?

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 15:42:16 »

Green is a hero, he just makes an opinion based on not a lot and will fiercly defend it and belittle anyone who doesn't share it.  Cool  Hero

Wir lassen uns unsere Liebe nicht nehmen
Nicht von den Bullen und nicht vom DFB
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 15:57:07 »

Quote from: "Karlsruhe_Red"
Green is a hero, he just makes an opinion based on not a lot and will fiercly defend it and belittle anyone who doesn't share it.  Cool  Hero

That sounds like the definition of an utter cock to me, but there you go.
Gelbfüßler

Was gücksch?

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 16:06:24 »

Who wants to listen to a sucky sucky?

Wir lassen uns unsere Liebe nicht nehmen
Nicht von den Bullen und nicht vom DFB
Spencer_White

« Reply #18 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 20:08:41 »

Quote from: "Rich Pullen"
Compared to the like of Tim Lovejoy and Spoony - Danny Baker is the Pope of Football Radio!

This is it. Hopefully Spoony got so much abuse for that Franchise programme that he's given up. I know I dished out as much as I could.

I didnt like Danny Baker back in the day because he just used to get totally carried away by the sound of his own voice. Quite often a caller would say something good and he would just talk over them. Remmember the night he got sacked, just layed into this ref about how the show was fans only and berated him until he hung up.

Danny Kelly is excellent.

But Ive enjoyed Terry Christian and Micky Quinn on Talksport. Obviously Christian is not everyones cup of tea, and he isnt suitable for anyone who hates Man United, but they did know their stuff.

Hopefully they will fire the woman researcher as well and get in a proper football statto. That bint on 606 is useless!
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, November 7, 2008, 14:03:46 »

Did anyone else hear Fraiser Digby's washbag mentioned on Danny Baker's 606 on Tuesday? It was an anonymous message about someone pilfering a tortoiseshell comb from it during the Premier League season...

Okay so I've ruined most of that story but it was a very good programme. Again.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/podcasts/606/
Dazzza

« Reply #20 on: Friday, November 7, 2008, 14:46:40 »

Danny Kelly on under the moon (late night channel 4) in the late 90's and early 00's was cult classic viewing made all the better by the arrival of web misstress Lia Rogers and drunks phoning in after a session at the pub and Kelly ripping them to shreds.

A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, November 7, 2008, 14:59:09 »

Danny Kelly on under the moon (late night channel 4) in the late 90's and early 00's was cult classic viewing made all the better by the arrival of web misstress Lia Rogers and drunks phoning in after a session at the pub and Kelly ripping them to shreds.

And yet it was somehow almost ruined by that goggle-eyed cretin named Tom, a man so witless and vapid that he seemed to be a slightly higher rent version of Jed Pitman.
Dazzza

« Reply #22 on: Friday, November 7, 2008, 15:10:11 »

And yet it was somehow almost ruined by that goggle-eyed cretin named Tom, a man so witless and vapid that he seemed to be a slightly higher rent version of Jed Pitman.

Agreed.  Who was the bald loony that looked like whasshisname from the Crystal Maze on the early episodes?

He knew nothing about football or sport but added an unusual and amusing twist.

A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, November 7, 2008, 15:33:34 »

I only vaguely remember him but the magic of Google comes up with this interview with Observer Sports Month with Danny Kelly...

Man, those early shows didn't go well,' Kelly says with a rueful smile. 'I'm not blaming Tim entirely, but it didn't help that he wouldn't rehearse and he was having trouble with his contact lenses so couldn't read the autocue. Those first 10 shows, I remember them being particularly disastrous.'

Actually it isn't a bad interview... Very long though.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2008/apr/06/sportfeatures.television
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: