Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Danny Baker back on 606  (Read 3121 times)
yeo

Ignore
« on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 11:00:03 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2008/05_may/19/baker.shtml

Brilliant news,the best football phone in host ever.

I'm sure if England had qualified for the Euros this wouldnt have happened and we would have to put up with the inane Lovejoy kissing everyones ass and bigging up everything Chelsea.So ever cloud...

With this news and Danny Kelly getting a regular gig with Talk sport hope this doesnt put pay to the planned return of the two Dans podcast that was supoosed to be returning next season.

/
W56196272
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 11:03:27 »

606 listenable again, surely not.  I gave up after Mellor finished, and I only listened to him because it was funny when a woman rang in.  The whole "ooooooh, a laaaaady, liking football, wonderful" as if he was stuck in the 1950s was great.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 11:04:57 »

I don't like the man but I love the radio programmes so I might actually be able to listen to 606 again.

Time to start taking bets. Does he walk or will he get sacked first? And how many weeks/hours/minutes will he last?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 11:31:47 »

danny kelly and stan collymore are pairing up on talksport this coming season.will be on the 7-10pm show.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 11:45:24 »

Danny Baker  Cool    The original 606 when he did it was brilliant, compulsory listening.

Recall his line when taliking about Hoddle's Swindon....."they don't just want to beat you, they want to humiliate you"  Cool
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 11:47:09 »

Excellent news. The Danny Baker phone is actually quite good.

Quote from: "arriba"
danny kelly and stan collymore are pairing up on talksport this coming season.will be on the 7-10pm show.

Oh god, not Collybore. Tanks for the warning.

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 12:06:50 »

i think collymore is pretty good personally.
DMR

« Reply #7 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 12:36:46 »

Am I the only one who thinks the 2 Dannys - Baker and Kelly - are both tools of the highest order?
dell boy

« Reply #8 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 12:41:09 »

Quote from: "DMR"
Am I the only one who thinks the 2 Dannys - Baker and Kelly - are both tools of the highest order?

No you are not.
Lumps

« Reply #9 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 13:27:14 »

:shock:

Well each to their own but I'd think you were in a bit of minority on here.

The clips on here:

http://www.internettreehouse.co.uk/

are some of the funniest radio I've ever heard.

Loads of radio presenters working now are doing half arsed imitations of the sort of features that DB used to do.

And there's been no national football phone in show worth listening too since the Beeb completely lost it's sense of humour and sacked the two Danny's (other then the brief stint they did together at talksport).
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 14:13:41 »

Anything's better than Alan Fucking Green though, surely? And Danny Baker was actually dead good at 606 in the old days.
JOHNNY REEVES

« Reply #11 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 14:26:02 »

Quote from: "thepeoplesgame"

Anything's better than Alan Fucking Green though, surely? And Danny Baker was actually dead good at 606 in the old days.
here here green is a miserable c--t.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #12 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 14:54:40 »

Compared to the like of Tim Lovejoy and Spoony - Danny Baker is the Pope of Football Radio!
Lumps

« Reply #13 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 15:30:33 »

Quote from: "thepeoplesgame"

I don't mind Greenie as a commentator, at least he's prepared to admit when a game is fucking dull and the play is shit, but as a presenter of a phone in he is the most patronising humorless twat imaginable.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 15:39:03 »

What I loathe about Green is his complete inability to remember that he is an a massively priviledged position.

Example: "Well so here we are at watching the World Cup final, on the fucking moon and I'm staying in a five star hotel for a month and getting paid for it  - and those crab canapes I just had were a bit cold..."

Okay so it might not be an exact quote....
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: