Poll
Question: Who gets your vote?  (Voting closed: Tuesday, January 9, 2024, 16:55:28)
Lewis Ward - 1 (2.1%)
Harrison Minturn - 0 (0%)
Tom Brewitt - 4 (8.3%)
Udoka Godwin-Malife - 2 (4.2%)
Williams Kokolo - 4 (8.3%)
Remeao Hutton - 1 (2.1%)
Liam Kinsella - 27 (56.3%)
Saidou Khan - 2 (4.2%)
Jake Cain (sub 68) - 0 (0%)
Charlie Austin (sub 83) - 2 (4.2%)
Tyrese Shade - 2 (4.2%)
Ricky Aguiar (on 68) - 1 (2.1%)
George McEachran (on 83) - 2 (4.2%)
Total Voters: 48

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon vs Colchester MotM Thread  (Read 2243 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 16:55:28 »

Fuck me that was dire.
Freeloader

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 17:06:20 »

Austin scored the penalty and assisted incredibly for the second and was organizing the defence before he went off.  It was inevitable that the equaliser was scored after he went off.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 17:18:55 »

Brewitt good value for his goal after coming back into the set up. Austin gets a nod for getting a goal albeit it was a token penalty. Can only do that. Still feel he needs to literally play as a poacher and only coming on for 30ish mins {in an ideal world}. No chance of utilising him properly with the intent from the above hierarchy of having as nominally small size squad as legally possible. The fan base deserve better than that - even Flynn deserves better than that but he made his {and seemingly Clem's} bed a long time a go now, so he doesn't get a bye. A tactical disaster class. The squad definitely needs a solid DCM but I think even Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles saw this was a necessity in Summer '23. Writing's on the wall and Flynn definitely is not ''The Genius''.

Back to PotM, it is seemingly always slim pickings {irony much} this season. For me there was mostly only any true sense of creation from Kokolo or Shade really. Both seemed to be pushing to create. Lovely cross from Kokolo near the end which on other day someone gets on the end of to give a two goal buffer.

Kokolo shades it
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 17:25:11 by BambooToTheFuture » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 17:20:43 »

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1733169/Live/England-League-Two-2023-2024-Swindon-Colchester

Stats aren't everything etc. but Whoscored have it as Kinsella by a mile and a half. 7 tackles, 2 interceptions, 2 clearances and 2 blocks.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 17:21:39 »

Brewitt good value for his goal after coming back into the set up. Austin gets a nod for getting a goal albeit it was a token penalty. Can only do that. Still feel he needs to literally play as a poacher and only coming on for 30ish mins {in an ideal world}. No chance of utilising him properly with the intent from the above hierarchy of having as nominally small size squad as legally Wink possible. The fan base deserve better than that - even Flynn deserves better than that but he made his {and seemingly Clem's} bed a long time a go now, so he doesn't get a bye. A tactical disaster class. The squad definitely needs a solid DCM but I think even Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles saw this was a necessity in Summer '23. Writing's on the wall and Flynn definitely is not ''The Genius''. A tact

Back to PotM, it is seemingly always slim pickings {irony much} this season. For me there was mostly only any true sense of creation from Kokolo or Shade really. Both seemed to be pushing to create. Lovely cross from Kokolo near the end which on other day someone gets on the end of to give a two goal buffer.

Kokolo shades it

Happy New Year Kev Cheesy

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 17:26:08 »

Kinsella probably gets it for that one off the line - which probably preserved the point for us today.

Austin’s contributions (goal & assist) were vital but literally all he did.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 17:32:46 »

Kinsella from Kokolo.  Plenty of heart from most but quality drop significant and not enough height.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 17:34:16 »

The Referee
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 17:35:20 »

The Referee

How bad was the Arkells side linesman?! Total coward. Always feel for the refs when they get no support from their “assistants.”
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 17:36:49 »

Clearly Kinsella.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 19:59:49 »

Glad people are voting for Kinsella.  Had a good game despite the result.  Sound for Brewitt too
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 21:23:15 »

I can’t see why people have mentioned Brewitt. As a 3, Minturn, Brewitt and UGM were all over the shop - especially Brewitt and UGm, who were often playing the same position and leaving everyone unmarked.

The midfield were over run and dropped too deep. Kinsella was the best of them. Cain and Khan were bloody awful!

Kokolo got skinned on several occasions but tried to get forward. I’d be surprised if Hutton is here much longer. He looked gone.

Ward flapped. Austin had no legs. Shade disappeared after 15 mins.

So I don’t really know who to vote for

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 21:26:24 »

Nobody apart from Brewitt can win a header! All Shade and Austin was back in - didn’t even bother jumping.

Stick Brewitt up top.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 21:39:12 »

Nobody apart from Brewitt can win a header! All Shade and Austin was back in - didn’t even bother jumping.

Stick Brewitt up top.

Stick him at the base of the midfield and we might win a 50/50, a second ball or a header in the middle of the park.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 21:42:36 »

Well, when we’ve gone from passy passy to hoofy hoofy I concur.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: