Pages: 1 ... 214 215 216 [217] 218 219 220 ... 868   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1279766 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #3240 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 11:31:54 »

No, it isn't. 

People act like saying "We're Swindon" is some sort of delusional outburst and trying to say we deserve to be competing at the right end of the championship.

It isn't saying we're under some false impression we're as big as a Middlesbrough or Sunderland or something. Its simply saying what the first part of your post said, "We should be mixing it in league one". Nothing more, nothing less.

It's actually more delusional to pretend that struggling to compete with Barrow and Sutton is the norm for us and what we should expect.

This every time.
Fucking hell we can’t even compete at this shit tinpot level with our revenue income.
Ohh wait a minute.

Can someone at the club wake me up when we are ready again.

The loyalty card is the only thing left for me right now, if that was lost I wouldn’t be going, no fucking way.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #3241 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 11:34:59 »

I dont for a second dispute we are where we deserve to be right now. My point is that this should be seen as the lowest of lowest ebbs,  theres been a rhetoric across a few fan outlets/ twitter that we're in a good place/the best we could ever hope for now and that the club is operating wonderfully.

I've never seen such a tinpot/amateur/penny pinching setup.

The club is showing zero ambition right now. I fully expect that in the coming pre-season the fans to be blamed that we cant be as competitive next year because ST sales are down. Problem is they've had 2 years of goodwill and pissed on the fans at every opportunity... sadly they will now reap what they have sown.

This.

Its fucking enabling the lack the ambition. Sick of hearing the shite.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #3242 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 11:36:05 »

Burnleys also states it's with the academy... ours rather ambiguously mentions its could be Mens/Womens/Academy.... wonder which it will be

All of the above, I suspect.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #3243 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 11:48:11 »

This.

Its fucking enabling the lack the ambition. Sick of hearing the shite.

Amen. But "we've never been in better shape off the pitch" apparently...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3244 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 11:55:21 »

https://jobs4football.com/job/performance-analyst-18/

Just popped up on twitter. Performance Analyst/Scout as an intern  Head Hurts

Pay peanuts get monkeys.

https://www.gov.uk/employment-rights-for-interns#:~:text=Rights%20to%20the%20National%20Minimum,that%20they're%20a%20volunteer

I hope we are not setting ourselves up for an employment tribunal here.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3245 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 11:58:28 »

The Balance Sheet on the next accounts has every chance of looking quite impressive, for us, and clubs at this level.  From a purely business sense, if you were looking to sell or raise capital, you are indeed in good shape for both.

Operationally, anyone doing proper due diligence would have some concerns.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #3246 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 12:05:24 »

https://jobs4football.com/job/performance-analyst-18/

Just popped up on twitter. Performance Analyst/Scout as an intern  Head Hurts

Pay peanuts get monkeys.

Tinpot
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3247 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 12:08:02 »

Actually, on that internship role.  If the club wanted to do this properly, and avoid high costs, it's a perfect area for partnerships.  Get in touch with a local University that has a sports programme and get an official internship process in place with them.  They'd need to be for less than 12 months to qualify, but you can then tap into a constant stream of willing new talent while also supporting a local establishment.  Good press, good supply of talent for an entry level role, minimal cost.

Of course, to work, you'd need someone they report into to learn from and someone heading up the Dept to run the partnership who knows what they are doing.

I've employed plenty of new data analysts fresh from University.  Sometimes it's one job after they leave Uni, so they gained some work experience before applying.  They are going to need guidance and a lot of support to develop quickly, but they will be eager to learn.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #3248 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 12:08:19 »

So are we getting the ‘good news’ today or is the can just getting kicked down the road again?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #3249 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 12:08:44 »

Maybe if our history started with Jed McCrory.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3250 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 12:09:11 »

as an old manager used to say in meetings "silence is acceptance".

Why would anyone accept our lot is middling league 2 trying to be a poundland Crewe.

I get there is a lot for Clem and co to juggle and get straight financially which is taking time. But how long? What's the plan?
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #3251 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 12:14:10 »

No, it isn't. 

People act like saying "We're Swindon" is some sort of delusional outburst and trying to say we deserve to be competing at the right end of the championship.

It isn't saying we're under some false impression we're as big as a Middlesbrough or Sunderland or something. Its simply saying what the first part of your post said, "We should be mixing it in league one". Nothing more, nothing less.

It's actually more delusional to pretend that struggling to compete with Barrow and Sutton is the norm for us and what we should expect.

We agree on the level of football but I still think 'we are Swindon etc' sounds to use your term delusional . We dont have to agree on that.

Did anyone on here doubt  back in whenever it was whether the current owner was the rising tide?
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #3252 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 12:15:30 »

The Balance Sheet on the next accounts has every chance of looking quite impressive, for us, and clubs at this level.  From a purely business sense, if you were looking to sell or raise capital, you are indeed in good shape for both.

Operationally, anyone doing proper due diligence would have some concerns.

Agreed, but the "never been in better shape" argument is tosh. Rather like when people said 2016 was the worst year ever. Fine, the club to all intents and purposes now own the stadium but everything else is a 'dumpster fire' to use a modern term.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #3253 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 12:52:04 »

On another note, we should be getting the next AB minutes imminently I imagine...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3254 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 13:25:22 »

So are we getting the ‘good news’ today or is the can just getting kicked down the road again?

Have we actually been told by anyone that we are getting ‘good news’ or is it just internet rumours?
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 216 [217] 218 219 220 ... 868   Go Up
Print
Jump to: