Pages: 1 ... 269 270 271 [272] 273 274 275 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2043391 times)
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #4065 on: Saturday, November 24, 2018, 09:05:33 »

Interesting to hear Dianne Abbott discussing the possibility of an alliance with the DUP to bring down the government.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4066 on: Saturday, November 24, 2018, 09:15:01 »

Don’t give me that ideology shit, making out only the conservatives use ‘their’ ideology as an excuse or weapon upon, for or against the country. I’m not sure where the deliberately fucking your country comes from. I’ll make and educated guess based on the stuff you post ad nauseam that you are referring to the tightening of the countries fiscal belt over the tenure of the coalition (less so) and sole conservative government.
I think the "deliberately fucking your own economy" bit refers to events in the future as he says it "will further diminish the tax revenue". I'd assume he means Brexit rather than the ongoing programme of austerity which has already been impacting the economy for the past decade.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #4067 on: Saturday, November 24, 2018, 09:45:24 »

I think the "deliberately fucking your own economy" bit refers to events in the future as he says it "will further diminish the tax revenue". I'd assume he means Brexit rather than the ongoing programme of austerity which has already been impacting the economy for the past decade.

It has been impacting the country, by getting down the debt. As I stated you can’t keep borrowing, someone has to pay for the interest, which reduces the amount you can spend elsewhere as well as the outstanding capitol which also has to be down paid. if you think down paying debt capitol and subsequent intest on that debt is fucking over the country i’ll See you down the pub tonight and you can pay for my beer and a kebab on the way home. Same again next week and the week after, i’ll Pay you back sometime, not sure or by how much. Still think it’s a good idea?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4068 on: Saturday, November 24, 2018, 11:56:53 »

It has been impacting the country, by getting down the debt. As I stated you can’t keep borrowing, someone has to pay for the interest, which reduces the amount you can spend elsewhere as well as the outstanding capitol which also has to be down paid. if you think down paying debt capitol and subsequent intest on that debt is fucking over the country i’ll See you down the pub tonight and you can pay for my beer and a kebab on the way home. Same again next week and the week after, i’ll Pay you back sometime, not sure or by how much. Still think it’s a good idea?
If you read back properly, you'll see I was explaining what I thought horlock meant, as you seemed to be struggling to understand it, rather than advocating the position myself. But then you appear to have misunderstood that too. A little more careful reading, and thoughtfulness, before you blunder into ranting might make you look less of a tit. Just a thought.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #4069 on: Saturday, November 24, 2018, 12:14:51 »

If you read back properly, you'll see I was explaining what I thought horlock meant, as you seemed to be struggling to understand it, rather than advocating the position myself. But then you appear to have misunderstood that too. A little more careful reading, and thoughtfulness, before you blunder into ranting might make you look less of a tit. Just a thought.

Life is a daily struggle. Ranting? Me? You’re having a laugh, i’m Div2 compared with others 😂😂 and now a tit? Oh dear, resorting to abuse tsk, tsk, tsk. You lose any argument or debate when you resort to abusing others. Still it is TEF forum where people can call others all sorts or unsavoury things with no action yet referring to St Reg as Paul Plowman gets miraculously amend by the the mods or maybe even St. Reg. Then again it is no wonder so many people have deleted their profiles, stopped visiting or are just casual guests.

Onwards and upwards. Enjoying your weekend? I am, your post has actually cheered me up. Ain’t life strange 😂😂
Sir red ken

« Reply #4070 on: Saturday, November 24, 2018, 12:20:40 »

Life is a daily struggle. Ranting? Me? You’re having a laugh, i’m Div2 compared with others 😂😂 and now a tit? Oh dear, resorting to abuse tsk, tsk, tsk. You lose any argument or debate when you resort to abusing others. Still it is TEF forum where people can call others all sorts or unsavoury things with no action yet referring to St Reg as Paul Reg gets miraculously amend by the the mods or maybe even St. Reg. Then again it is no wonder so many people have deleted their profiles, stopped visiting or are just casual guests.

Onwards and upwards. Enjoying your weekend? I am, your post has actually cheered me up. Ain’t life strange 😂😂

I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #4071 on: Saturday, November 24, 2018, 12:30:30 »

Ledge

I respect any Town fan's opinion but I do have to correct claims where they are wrong.

Accordingly, it should be noted that the national debt has not been coming down.  Quite the reverse.

Since 2009/10 when it stood at GBP 1 trillion, the national debt had grown to 1.8 trillion in May 2018.  In relative terms, it has grown from 67% of GDP to 85% of GDP.

What is being done about it?  Well October 2018 saw the annual deficit reach GBP 8.8 billion, its highest level for 3 years.

With that background, as a prudent Tory, do you think it is sensible to increase spending on the NHS?

Leavers can deny it but, after years of austerity, the side of the bus claim has ironically embarrassed the Conservatives into tempering at least the NHS strand of its austerity policy so we can think that we have a Brexit dividend.

IMO Smiley

Three points today Pint
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 24, 2018, 12:34:27 by RedRag » Logged
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #4072 on: Saturday, November 24, 2018, 17:00:10 »

Ledge

I respect any Town fan's opinion but I do have to correct claims where they are wrong.

Accordingly, it should be noted that the national debt has not been coming down.  Quite the reverse.

Since 2009/10 when it stood at GBP 1 trillion, the national debt had grown to 1.8 trillion in May 2018.  In relative terms, it has grown from 67% of GDP to 85% of GDP.

What is being done about it?  Well October 2018 saw the annual deficit reach GBP 8.8 billion, its highest level for 3 years.

With that background, as a prudent Tory, do you think it is sensible to increase spending on the NHS?

Leavers can deny it but, after years of austerity, the side of the bus claim has ironically embarrassed the Conservatives into tempering at least the NHS strand of its austerity policy so we can think that we have a Brexit dividend.

IMO Smiley

Three points today Pint

Don't come on here stating facts for fuck's sake.

It's All Good..............
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #4073 on: Saturday, November 24, 2018, 17:05:58 »

Three points today.  FACT !   Pint
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4074 on: Saturday, November 24, 2018, 18:30:41 »

Life is a daily struggle. Ranting? Me? You’re having a laugh, i’m Div2 compared with others 😂😂 and now a tit? Oh dear, resorting to abuse tsk, tsk, tsk. You lose any argument or debate when you resort to abusing others.
Not exactly massive abuse is it? More just calling it the way I see it - act like a ranting tit, I'll call you a ranting tit. Try reading things properly (or even just reading anything apart from the Mail and the Express) and taking the time to understand a different point of view, it might broaden your horizons.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #4075 on: Saturday, November 24, 2018, 18:36:52 »

The mail has had a change of editor and is no longer for brexit. Maybe other changes as well.
Sir red ken

« Reply #4076 on: Saturday, November 24, 2018, 18:44:23 »

Not exactly massive abuse is it? More just calling it the way I see it - act like a ranting tit, I'll call you a ranting tit. Try reading things properly (or even just reading anything apart from the Mail and the Express) and taking the time to understand a different point of view, it might broaden your horizons.
I read all the media outlets, including the guardian.not independent and that rag for above average retards the guffington post.(guff post is so funny, it doesn't hide its stuidity and readers posts are priceless.) The one thing that stands out for me is that all leftards are fucking stupid and easily lead hive thinkers.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4077 on: Saturday, November 24, 2018, 19:00:52 »

The mail has had a change of editor and is no longer for brexit. Maybe other changes as well.
Still wouldn't wipe my arse on it, pro or anti-Brexit. Even Brexiteers are anti-Brexit now, such is the sterling job the govt have made of the whole fiasco.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4078 on: Saturday, November 24, 2018, 19:03:04 »

The one thing that stands out for me is that all leftards are fucking stupid and easily lead hive thinkers.
So presumably then by your own standards you've not got a single political argument left to counter the "leftards"
I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #4079 on: Saturday, November 24, 2018, 19:06:30 »

Still wouldn't wipe my arse on it, pro or anti-Brexit. Even Brexiteers are anti-Brexit now, such is the sterling job the govt have made of the whole fiasco.
I think most people who voted brexit accept that remain is better than this like of shit served up. However, most will also say they feel betrayed and that we should have made it clear we're out of everything EU related. The whole negotiation has been a farce as we showed we had neither heart nor a hand to play.
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 271 [272] 273 274 275 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: