Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 40   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Oldham Athletic pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 39082 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #495 on: Saturday, March 12, 2022, 19:55:48 »

Looked more than 280 from the DR.

A few porkers?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #496 on: Saturday, March 12, 2022, 20:00:01 »

Why can't anyone film in landscape these days? Sorry, bugbear of mine!

What's great about this win though, is it's exactly a football year to the day that Sheridan teased us in thinking that he had "resigned", then didn't.

Johnozoic indeed. You'd never think he was only 57. Has looked about 77 for years, yet acts about 17.

Dinosaur in looks. Still shitting yellow in attitude.
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 12, 2022, 20:06:30 by bamboohoomyavatar » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: Saturday, March 12, 2022, 20:16:50 »

Why can't anyone film in landscape these days? Sorry, bugbear of mine!

What's great about this win though, is it's exactly a football year to the day that Sheridan teased us in thinking that he had "resigned", then didn't.

Johnozoic indeed. You'd never think he was only 57. Has looked about 77 for years, yet acts about 17.

Dinosaur in looks. Still shitting yellow in attitude.

I think he might have been ‘bovvered’ after all
china red

« Reply #498 on: Saturday, March 12, 2022, 20:23:11 »

Oldham celebrated getting a corner in the first half like they’d won the game.  JS can go fuck himself
adje

Ignore
« Reply #499 on: Saturday, March 12, 2022, 20:29:52 »

Death of the "back 3"? Hopefully

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #500 on: Saturday, March 12, 2022, 20:33:15 »

Oldham celebrated getting a corner in the first half like they’d won the game.  JS can go fuck himself

Going off what I know (and this predates his time at STFC), he will be well and truly "fucked" by now anyway - allegedly.

Spirits on Cornflakes never was a good idea.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #501 on: Saturday, March 12, 2022, 20:37:11 »

Death of the "back 3"? Hopefully

We just can’t play with the 5 as don’t have the quality in front.
Need that extra body and width.

Comfortable at the back today.
Notwithstanding we have lost our excellent back line we had at the beginning of the season and were forced with a mid season rebuild.
Sadly lost by so many.
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #502 on: Saturday, March 12, 2022, 21:07:14 »

Still buzzing from that.

Not a performance for the ages at all, but no one had a bad game and we deserved the win against that absolute shower that Sheridan presides over. Apart from a decent opening 10 minutes, they offered absolutely nothing and were just as horrible as you’d expect a relegation scrapping Sheridan side to be.

We still didn’t manage to create many chances, not uncommon for us against teams that sit in so deep, but doesn’t feel that often that we do manage to break through for a win in those circumstances. A delicious cross from Iandolo deserved to be nodded in. Had to say, a season’s worth of frustration and anger pent up by not being able to attend matches was uncorked when that went in. Charging down the DRS steps giving Sheridan the V’s and hand shandy won’t go down as my finest moment, but I’ll use the excuse of giving it double barrels on behalf of a mate who couldn’t attend today.

Should shout out the three players that had me worried when the lineup and formation was evident.
AK did a fine job at left back, where I was worried he’d struggle. Looked very calm and solid.
JML has so often looked ineffective but looked lively from the start today and did well. Just lacking in that final composure around the box.
And Conroy…thought he was cooked after Exeter and a few performances before that, but looked much more of the Conroy of old today. Dealt with everything effectively, looked composed, spread some cracking balls around. Clearly the 3 CB system doesn’t work for him (every one of our CBs have come unstuck in that system at some point this season). Looked far better doing a more traditional CB role today. Back to basics, no bad thing. Getting the winner, and flicking off Sheradactyl, priceless stuff.

Looking at the reaction of the players after the final whistle, that could be a galvanising 3 points that gives us a springboard to finish the season well with a patched up squad. Here’s hoping. Pint
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #503 on: Saturday, March 12, 2022, 21:21:59 »

Didn't watch the game, just saw the result and the 96th minute winner, so all I have to say is:

FUCK YOU JOHN SHERIDAN AND THE FUCKING DINOSAUR YOU RODE IN ON.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #504 on: Saturday, March 12, 2022, 22:56:13 »

I know he was coming back from injury but does Luke Warm MkII not really like Payne?

I thought it was bad enough he didn't give him the Captain's armband in favour of our "home grown" toy chucker but subbing him too...nah. You get Payne through this 90 WITH Williams on the pitch too. Possible Aguilar should have gone off as it's not fair on the lad - he's not quite there yet.

Correct sub on. Wrong player off.

As soon as Payne came off. The Physio had an ice pack on his knee.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #505 on: Saturday, March 12, 2022, 23:41:57 »

Payne is being eased back in, and we have a game Tuesday.

I hope ice pack is just part of his normal post injury treatment thought
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #506 on: Sunday, March 13, 2022, 04:07:11 »

Pinched from Twitter. Also - never realised the Jurassic Park music was playing when the managers came out of the tunnel at the start?

https://twitter.com/jiff1967/status/1502660717660590081/video/1

* C50C380E-7F53-467C-AA45-09F08630C7E2.jpeg (269.73 KB, 1089x796 - viewed 88 times.)
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 13, 2022, 05:15:49 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #507 on: Sunday, March 13, 2022, 05:21:30 »

Enjoyable way to win, but it was overall a turgid affair

Not sure I’m seeing what a lot of others have in JMLs performance. Fast, but no idea what to do with the ball - a genuine Ricky shakes mk2. I want the lad to succeed, and I’m not saying he won’t, but he needs an extended spell at Chippenham I think

Things get better but they never get good
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #508 on: Sunday, March 13, 2022, 07:04:36 »

Enjoyable way to win, but it was overall a turgid affair

Not sure I’m seeing what a lot of others have in JMLs performance. Fast, but no idea what to do with the ball - a genuine Ricky shakes mk2. I want the lad to succeed, and I’m not saying he won’t, but he needs an extended spell at Chippenham I think

Feel exactly the same bogus. A little worried that garner thought JML did well. Reed head and shoulders above anyone on the pitch both going forward and defensively. We got lucky with the win yesterday. Tempo was far too slow until Williams came on. Fair play to Conroy for getting the winner but he’s a big contributing factor in the tempo we play at. Without the winner, he wouldn’t have had many MOM votes that’s for sure!
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #509 on: Sunday, March 13, 2022, 07:11:39 »

Oldham forum

Just got back and we were unlucky, for all Swindon possession and attacking play they didn’t really look like they’d score until the Ref helped them out by not giving us a blatant shirt pull on Bam and they went  straight down the other end and got a set piece and our hastily reorganised defence got caught out having battled for 100 mins

Nothing wrong with the fight and passions today and do that for the remaining games and we’ll pick up the points we need

Shez obviously doesn’t think the kids are the answer and he’s probably right

Swindon spent most of the game falling over and getting our players booked. The ref was shite and their fans pathetically quiet until they got their lucky break and then celebrated like they had won the league

Need a win on Tuesday

They’ll never know how lucky they were yesterday that we didn’t have a 100% fully fit squad to choose from. All things being equal 1-0 flattered them and I’d like to think a fully fit and buzzing squad would have had them 4-0.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 40   Go Up
Print
Jump to: