Pages: 1 ... 843 844 845 [846]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1219143 times)
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #12675 on: Today at 00:09:01 »

I've just renewed, love a footy day out I do
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #12676 on: Today at 05:45:24 »

Not really worth the hassle of posting a rumour anyway. All you get is "itk" jibes and shit if it doesn't come true

Disagree here Batch. As long as you state that it's just what you've heard, & isn't gospel, then anybody firing bullets at you is a moron. Especially if the rumour is coming from a regular poster on the forum.
Posting that you knew something ages ago, but didn't put it on here, despite posting on here on a daily basis, just gives off a "I knew something you didn't know" vibe. Comes across as pretty cringeworthy in my opinion.
Not aimed at you, or any particular individual on here, by the way, I've seen a few people do this over the years.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #12677 on: Today at 06:09:22 »

Disagree here Batch. As long as you state that it's just what you've heard, & isn't gospel, then anybody firing bullets at you is a moron. Especially if the rumour is coming from a regular poster on the forum.
Posting that you knew something ages ago, but didn't put it on here, despite posting on here on a daily basis, just gives off a "I knew something you didn't know" vibe. Comes across as pretty cringeworthy in my opinion.
Not aimed at you, or any particular individual on here, by the way, I've seen a few people do this over the years.

Spot on.

If you want to state a rumour - state it as rumour.

Back in January I went back & forth with Cowley. He was saying the club was a shambles behind the scenes, agents were fully aware and no one would want to sign for us. Stated as fact. No matter how shambolic the club is being run there will be enough footballers out there looking for a job that we’ll be able to sign players was my retort - we did sign players, calibre debatable at the time (and always will be with new signings)

Club might still have a bad rep, there might still be players who avoid coming here because of that and I would not doubt that; but don’t tell me ‘no one wants to sign for Swindon’ unless you’ve surveyed every footballer in the world and they’ve all said no…
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #12678 on: Today at 07:21:34 »

Yes

Some things are spoken about away from the forum or in DM and not posted for the world to see.

This and some people on this forum are sometimes privy to information.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #12679 on: Today at 09:02:03 »

Yes

Some things are spoken about away from the forum or in DM and not posted for the world to see.

Indeed they are. I believe it’s oft referred to as “in hushed tones”, “behind closed doors” and “to protect the innocent” amongst other apt descriptions.
SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #12680 on: Today at 09:11:10 »

The rumour thread (and more recently this one) are the first ones I look for during close season & January, some posters are creditable, some hopeful, some speculative, but they're rumours all the same and I will either roll my eyes or see some potential. I guess what I'm guilty of is complete denial in situations I don't like, for example the rumours regrding low budgets & we'll only get loanees & cheap options, because I don't want to hear it! I genuinely get pissed off at the prosect, on occasions this has come to fruition & the poster has been given quite a hard time, yet it's transpired to be valid. Similarly it's turned out to be bollocks & I find myself relieved, but never judge the poster, I get a good idea of who may be itk.

I'll continue, as someone who lives some distance away, to read this forum & hope that things turn around, Shit rumours or factual behind the scenes goings on whether transfer related or off field are exactly that, whether I like it or not.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #12681 on: Today at 09:50:38 »

Indeed they are. I believe it’s oft referred to as “in hushed tones”, “behind closed doors” and “to protect the innocent” amongst other apt descriptions.

You witnessed this with your very own eyes Wink
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #12682 on: Today at 09:53:16 »

Manager announced tomorrow
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #12683 on: Today at 10:39:16 »

You witnessed this with your very own eyes Wink

🤐 you’ll have to kill me first. But please don’t make me watch the piss stains.
Pages: 1 ... 843 844 845 [846]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: