Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 61   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Olympics thread  (Read 190438 times)
kerry red

« Reply #615 on: Monday, August 6, 2012, 15:19:18 »

Gone to penalties in the Showjumping

Ignore
« Reply #616 on: Monday, August 6, 2012, 15:58:34 »

A quick wiki search suggests that there are just 8 full olympic size pools in the UK, with another 28 50m pools, some of them not open to the public (through being in private schools or MOD). So about one full length pool per 2 million people.

This is why we didn't nail more medals in the pool imo. Tha facilities are shit and kids have to go at the crack of dawn to swim. Massive commitment and cost to parents.

I got fucked off listening to the twat swimming commentator ejaculating in his pants with our swimmers coming nowhere time after time,and the swimmers just happy to take part. Think Adlington was an exception though as she swam faster in one final than when she won gold. She did her bit,others didn't
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #617 on: Monday, August 6, 2012, 16:00:53 »

Won the showjumping penalties.  Amazing those horses can kick a ball so hard.

Never knowingly overstated.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #618 on: Monday, August 6, 2012, 16:07:40 »

I actually couldn't give a fuck about the horse stuff, posh people showing off. Then i heard Skelton talk and he sounded northern so he cant be posh. Well done mate.
DRS

« Reply #619 on: Monday, August 6, 2012, 16:11:32 »

This is why we didn't nail more medals in the pool imo. Tha facilities are shit and kids have to go at the crack of dawn to swim. Massive commitment and cost to parents.

I got fucked off listening to the twat swimming commentator ejaculating in his pants with our swimmers coming nowhere time after time,and the swimmers just happy to take part. Think Adlington was an exception though as she swam faster in one final than when she won gold. She did her bit,others didn't
That's a bit of a contradiction though buddy tbf. Maybe he was ejaculating at it because like you say rightly yourself our facilities are shit and to even get as far as alot of them do is a great job already.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #620 on: Monday, August 6, 2012, 16:14:24 »

Most of our swimmers never even saw the semi finals. If you take Adlingtons medals away only 3 Woman got to finals. In the mens event other than Jamieson only 4 got to finals not including the relays which in the mens medley we was very unlucky not to get a bronze.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #621 on: Monday, August 6, 2012, 16:18:58 »

Surprised at the improvement in our Gymnastics from 0 medals in Beijing to 4 is huge achievement.

Only sour spot in our olympics so far is the swimming, with all the money that got pumped into the sport with only a few medals to show for it isnt good enough. Adlington was disapionting aswell

Might be wrong, but I'm sure I heard somewhere we'd only won 4 gymnastics medals cumulatively in previous Olympics, so to match that in one games is pretty impressive. All the lottery funding of minority sports in the late 90's and early 00's starting to bear fruit with an impressive haul of medals.
DRS

« Reply #622 on: Monday, August 6, 2012, 16:20:02 »

Most of our swimmers never even saw the semi finals. If you take Adlingtons medals away only 3 Woman got to finals. In the mens event other than Jamieson only 4 got to finals not including the relays which in the mens medley we was very unlucky not to get a bronze.
Given our facilities like pointed out though it isnt suprising is it?
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #623 on: Monday, August 6, 2012, 16:23:34 »

Anyone just watch the women's boxing? Very, very dubious judging.

Certainly was.  I'm not sure what they were watching.  Maybe there was an Aussie and a Frog amongst them?!

Not in Wiltshire no but they had one of the bigger investments after athletics rowing sailing and cycling. i think our target was 5-7 medals in the pool.

I'm not sure the sailing is going particularly to plan either.  Aside fron Ainslie, we lost out on an expected gold in the Star and I don't think we've done anything in any of the races today?
« Last Edit: Monday, August 6, 2012, 16:32:49 by joteddyred » Logged

Ignore
« Reply #624 on: Monday, August 6, 2012, 16:26:22 »

That's a bit of a contradiction though buddy tbf. Maybe he was ejaculating at it because like you say rightly yourself our facilities are shit and to even get as far as alot of them do is a great job already.

I take your point but the guy was there to commentate on the races themselves. His continual use of the phrase 'so and so is going well' when swimmers were off the pace was annoying.
At least Moorhouse was there to keep things more realistic
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #625 on: Monday, August 6, 2012, 16:29:46 »

Given our facilities like pointed out though it isnt suprising is it?
Our swimmers 4 years ago never used that excuse but did better than these lot without investment.
Flashheart

« Reply #626 on: Monday, August 6, 2012, 16:40:14 »

Mens' sprint finals coming up at the velodrome
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #627 on: Monday, August 6, 2012, 16:45:50 »

I want Kenny to win because he's part of our team, but I also have Bauge in a cycling accumulator that is on to win. Dilemma.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #628 on: Monday, August 6, 2012, 16:49:32 »

I'm not sure the sailing is going particularly to plan either.  Aside fron Ainslie, we lost out on an expected gold in the Star and I don't think we've done anything in any of the races today?

There's a 'plain sailing' gag in there somewhere, but I'm too tired to make the best of it.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #629 on: Monday, August 6, 2012, 17:12:16 »

Kenny wins gold.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 61   Go Up
Print
Jump to: