Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 ... 61   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Olympics thread  (Read 190392 times)
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #600 on: Monday, August 6, 2012, 09:50:12 »

Ohuruogo is an awesome championship performer.
Only ever run under 50 in major races and hardly ever gets a victory on the circuit.
It shows her ambition and drive

It shows her ability to time her steroid cycles just right Wink
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #601 on: Monday, August 6, 2012, 14:21:15 »

Surprised at the improvement in our Gymnastics from 0 medals in Beijing to 4 is huge achievement.

Only sour spot in our olympics so far is the swimming, with all the money that got pumped into the sport with only a few medals to show for it isnt good enough. Adlington was disapionting aswell
Coca Fola

« Reply #602 on: Monday, August 6, 2012, 14:38:58 »

Surprised at the improvement in our Gymnastics from 0 medals in Beijing to 4 is huge achievement.

Only sour spot in our olympics so far is the swimming, with all the money that got pumped into the sport with only a few medals to show for it isnt good enough. Adlington was disapionting aswell
Didn't Louis Smith get a bronze in the pommelhorse at Beijing?
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #603 on: Monday, August 6, 2012, 14:41:34 »

Has huge money really gone into swimming? Someone told me the other day that there are more olympic size pools in Paris than in the whole of England, which may be shit, but is there even an olympic size pool in Wiltshire?

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #604 on: Monday, August 6, 2012, 14:45:18 »

Didn't Louis Smith get a bronze in the pommelhorse at Beijing?
Yes he did, sorry for that but still a huge improvement.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #605 on: Monday, August 6, 2012, 14:48:11 »

Has huge money really gone into swimming? Someone told me the other day that there are more olympic size pools in Paris than in the whole of England, which may be shit, but is there even an olympic size pool in Wiltshire?
Not in Wiltshire no but they had one of the bigger investments after athletics rowing sailing and cycling. i think our target was 5-7 medals in the pool.
kerry red

« Reply #606 on: Monday, August 6, 2012, 14:50:14 »

Looks like Gold in the Showjumping!

Jodphurs away!!
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #607 on: Monday, August 6, 2012, 14:50:33 »

The swimmers' attitude compared to some other sports annoyed me... they were all 'happy to be here', 'here to have fun', and 'pleased to finish in the top 6', with large numbers of them not even troubling there PB's. Compared to some others, most notably in rowing, this didn't sit right with me (and Adrian Moorhouse, it seemed at times). And they got nowhere near their target of 7 golds.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #608 on: Monday, August 6, 2012, 14:55:00 »

The swimmers' attitude compared to some other sports annoyed me... they were all 'happy to be here', 'here to have fun', and 'pleased to finish in the top 6', with large numbers of them not even troubling there PB's. Compared to some others, most notably in rowing, this didn't sit right with me (and Adrian Moorhouse, it seemed at times). And they got nowhere near their target of 7 golds.
Adlington's interview after the 800m freestyle annoyed me aslo, saying that getting a bronze is a big thing and that everyone saying that it isnt is wrong. If anything she was our poster girl for swimming and then even going as far as admitting that she doesnt train as hard as the other swimmers from usa and china annoyed me also. she got wasted in the 800m by 12 seconds to a 17 year old.

Edit: She was 15 not 17 ffs
« Last Edit: Monday, August 6, 2012, 16:16:39 by carbonwhite » Logged
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #609 on: Monday, August 6, 2012, 14:56:33 »

Not in Wiltshire no but they had one of the bigger investments after athletics rowing sailing and cycling. i think our target was 5-7 medals in the pool.

A quick wiki search suggests that there are just 8 full olympic size pools in the UK, with another 28 50m pools, some of them not open to the public (through being in private schools or MOD). So about one full length pool per 2 million people.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #610 on: Monday, August 6, 2012, 14:59:33 »

Chippenham used to have a 50m open air pool; used to spend my summers there.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #611 on: Monday, August 6, 2012, 14:59:59 »

Anyone just watch the women's boxing? Very, very dubious judging.
kerry red

« Reply #612 on: Monday, August 6, 2012, 15:10:44 »

Chippenham used to have a 50m open air pool; used to spend my summers there.

Me too! But when I used to go it had just opened!

Donkeys years ago
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #613 on: Monday, August 6, 2012, 15:11:53 »

There's talk of the Olympic pool being 'moved' to Swindon to replace the current Link Centre pool.
kerry red

« Reply #614 on: Monday, August 6, 2012, 15:14:04 »

Should use the Oasis and incorporate the water chutes
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 ... 61   Go Up
Print
Jump to: