Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 61   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Olympics thread  (Read 190432 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Thursday, August 2, 2012, 22:49:38 »

Got a spare ticket for the game at Coventry tomorrow (Friday) night. GB women v Canada. PM me if interested!
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Friday, August 3, 2012, 05:46:52 »

Had the pleasure of watching women's beach volley ball in 3D last night - managed to fully justify to myself the expenditure on the 60" 3D plasma based on this alone - the missus wasn't convinced until the mens gymnastics came on... and then she was Wink
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Friday, August 3, 2012, 06:21:44 »

Disappointed with Hindes comments post the cycling team's gold, well disappointed to hear the crash was a pre-planned tactic.  I saw the interview and Hoy's head shake as the young lad was revealing all gave it away.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/olympic-games/cycling-great-sir-chris-hoy-angry-after-teammates-admission/story-fn5k3iok-1226442226016
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Friday, August 3, 2012, 06:35:43 »

As I understand it he said he made a shit start so threw it on the ground to force a restart.

Disappointing. No idea if this is normal practice in this event under those circumstances or not though.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Friday, August 3, 2012, 06:38:16 »

Yeah that's pretty much it Batch. As he was telling the beeb journalist you could just see Hoy's shaking his head thinking 'why are you saying this?'.

I'm sure tactics like this are common place at the top level, but keep your mouth shut or at least say what your meant to say.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Friday, August 3, 2012, 06:59:30 »

So does Thorpe

I've really enjoyed it so far. Gibbons medal was emotional.

I think Lineker might disagree about Thorpe being a nice bloke  Smiley

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
kerry red

« Reply #351 on: Friday, August 3, 2012, 07:49:55 »

Just becos he's  :gay: doesn't stop him being a nice bloke

Also, Clare Balding is an impressive presenter - I like her
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Friday, August 3, 2012, 07:54:16 »

Yeah that's pretty much it Batch. As he was telling the beeb journalist you could just see Hoy's shaking his head thinking 'why are you saying this?'.

I'm sure tactics like this are common place at the top level, but keep your mouth shut or at least say what your meant to say.

He changed the story in the press conference after the race stating that his wheel slipped which caused him to fall off.  Hoy's face in the original interview was classic  Head Hurts
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Friday, August 3, 2012, 09:17:53 »

I think Lineker might disagree about Thorpe being a nice bloke  Smiley

Have I missed something here?
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Friday, August 3, 2012, 09:18:50 »

He changed the story in the press conference after the race stating that his wheel slipped which caused him to fall off.  Hoy's face in the original interview was classic  Head Hurts

I originally thought he was trying to joke about falling off on purpose and as he is German the humour completely failed.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Friday, August 3, 2012, 09:42:07 »

Have I missed something here?

Lineker interviewed Thorpe a couple of times earlier this week, and the chemistry was 'a little awkward' to say the least, Thorpe looking decidedly unimpressed by Lineker's 'cheap gags' At one point I thought Thorpe was going to thump him.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympics/london-2012/9441775/London-2012-viewers-verdicts-on-BBC-sports-presenters.html

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Friday, August 3, 2012, 09:45:02 »

Great start from Ennis in the hurdles, and Aldama into the triple jump final. Good morning all!
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Friday, August 3, 2012, 10:06:34 »

Ennis' time was equal to the gold medal hurdle time in Beijing - for the actual hurdles. And it beat the actual hurdles GB national record. In comparison, our only shot-putter finished 29th out of 30, and hence didn't qualify for the final. Why and how is he allowed to do this as a job when he's patently rubbish at it? Pay Ennis double, and send him down the Job Centre.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Friday, August 3, 2012, 10:51:50 »

Did I notice an iraqi woman in the 100m prelims called abdul razak?  Didnt he play for us for a bit?

Never knowingly overstated.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Friday, August 3, 2012, 10:56:04 »

Lineker interviewed Thorpe a couple of times earlier this week, and the chemistry was 'a little awkward' to say the least, Thorpe looking decidedly unimpressed by Lineker's 'cheap gags' At one point I thought Thorpe was going to thump him.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympics/london-2012/9441775/London-2012-viewers-verdicts-on-BBC-sports-presenters.html

I get the impression that Thorpe can be a bit precious generally, to tell the truth.  There was even a moment last night at the swimming where he bristled at Clare Balding when she mentioned that he had had dinner with Michael Phelps' mother the previous evening.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 61   Go Up
Print
Jump to: