Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: next season  (Read 4803 times)
STFCere

Ignore
« on: Sunday, July 12, 2009, 16:01:05 »

I feel that 09/10 is gonna be a great time to be a swindon fan. After so many years of stuttering from crisis to crisis, I feel that the club is being run superbly, fitton and wilson will prove to be a great partnership. Im optimistic about the players that have come in - experience and quality in all of the signings so far. Everything that fitton and wilson say makes sense, and its clear to me that they want the best for swindon town. fitton was realistic about coxy, and got a good deal for him - just a shame about the reading sell on clause! I sincerly hope that everyone gets behind the club next season - this could be OUR year! come on the town

ing on Sabin: "He's the new Thierry Henry"

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

'The first 90 minutes are the most important.' - Bobby Robson
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, July 12, 2009, 16:10:27 »

I feel that 09/10 is gonna be a great time to be a swindon fan. After so many years of stuttering from crisis to crisis, I feel that the club is being run superbly, fitton and wilson will prove to be a great partnership. Im optimistic about the players that have come in - experience and quality in all of the signings so far. Everything that fitton and wilson say makes sense, and its clear to me that they want the best for swindon town. fitton was realistic about coxy, and got a good deal for him - just a shame about the reading sell on clause! I sincerly hope that everyone gets behind the club next season - this could be OUR year! come on the town

do you need a tissue?
Spencer_White

« Reply #2 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 21:53:23 »

We havnt completed the team yet. We are well short of strikers. If we are really going for it then we could probably do with another full back as well.
Doore

« Reply #3 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 21:59:44 »

Could be a year of consolidating after an unstable period.  A flirt with relegation and the wrong managerial appointment (MM, obviously) set us back a bit.  Off the field the club seems in better shape than it has for years.  This usually takes a while to transmit itself to on the pitch.  It may sound reserved, but I think a season in the top half should be seen as a step in the right direction - the play-offs may be asking too much this year.  Rebuilding takes two or three years, but I am confident we are moving in the right direction.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 22:02:14 »

Oh please,another year of consolidating...yawn

No thanks, im going for blind optomsim and gazzza style happy clapping

/
W56196272
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 22:06:24 »

Come the first game of the season I'm always convinced we'll win the league.

My optimism normally only lasts 90 minutes at most.
Doore

« Reply #6 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 22:22:30 »

Oh please,another year of consolidating...yawn

No thanks, im going for blind optomsim and gazzza style happy clapping

I think you may well be disappointed.  If we were to finish tenth this season, would you call it a failure and be calling for managerial change, or would you say it was a respectable step forward?
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 22:29:21 »

If we were to finish 10th it would most definitly be a failure,playoffs or bust.I wouldnt call for managerial change though,thats not really my style but id probably call Wilson a cock.I think hes a bit of a mid table plodder anyway so ill probably give it a bit of "I told you so"

/
W56196272
Doore

« Reply #8 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 22:39:21 »

Fair enough, each to their own.  I would see a full season under Wilson finishing tenth as definite progress, and a good sign for the following season when we could start looking at the play-offs. 

Fans demanding success quickly or beyond reasonable expectations can damage a club - see "Curbishley must go" at Charlton - a bit of a fatuous comparison I admit, but still makes the point.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 22:41:29 »

And having no ambition is equally as damaging.

/
W56196272
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #10 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 22:50:56 »

We haven't seen this level of promising signings since King left. We got to the play offs that year.

I have a feeling we're going to get in a striker who will get loads of goals and another who can score a few off the bench in times of need.

Onwards and upwards.
Doore

« Reply #11 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 23:03:45 »

And having no ambition is equally as damaging.

Can't argue with that, think I'm just trying to stop getting too excited by the good signings.  Reality is at this level none of us really know what will happen.  I am feeling confident, just trying to hold it back.
Barry Scott

« Reply #12 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 23:08:31 »

Every season i'm convinced we're going up. Pretty much up until the point that it's almost impossible. Honest. This season is no exception. We'll be going up, and any bets will be in accordance with this belief, as they were last season. 2 bets: Champions and promoted.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 23:17:59 »

Come the first game of the season I'm always convinced we'll win the league.

My optimism normally only lasts 90 minutes at most.

Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #14 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 23:27:18 »

Mines usually 2nd half of the supermarine games
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: