Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pick yer squad...  (Read 28480 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Monday, May 12, 2014, 12:22:47 »

Just been tweeted Lambert is in the squad FWIW.

And Lampard allegedly!
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Monday, May 12, 2014, 13:04:08 »

Lampard is in then... after the worst season of his career. If Cole isn't going, there is no way Lampard should be.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Monday, May 12, 2014, 13:08:34 »

Carroll is a better option than Lambert imo. I understand why woy has gone with the latter though.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Monday, May 12, 2014, 13:12:38 »

No shocks and fairly predictable. No glaring omissions IMO
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Monday, May 12, 2014, 13:12:43 »

Carroll is a better option than Lambert imo. I understand why woy has gone with the latter though.

Disagree completely. Think Lambert is a much better all round player than Carroll. As good in the air and a better goalscoring ratio. (although Carroll is more of a target man I guess)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
blah blah

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Monday, May 12, 2014, 13:14:54 »

Carroll is the sort who really gets on referees backs and is likely to give away more free kicks than score goals. Lambert must be flying high confidence wise so I think its the right choice.

Lampard though .... No

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Monday, May 12, 2014, 13:18:09 »

Disagree completely. Think Lambert is a much better all round player than Carroll. As good in the air and a better goalscoring ratio. (although Carroll is more of a target man I guess)
your last point is why I think Carroll is the better option. If the game dictates he can come on and bully the opposition. Don't think Lambert is anywhere near as good in the air either. Carroll is the best around at that. Who is the better player is debateable, Carroll without doubt offers something different to Lambert though.
« Last Edit: Monday, May 12, 2014, 13:20:32 by arriba » Logged
DMR

« Reply #82 on: Monday, May 12, 2014, 13:19:01 »

No shocks and fairly predictable. No glaring omissions IMO

Agree.

It also serves to highlight what limited attacking options we have.

Debating between Carroll and Lambert - they're both absolute horse shit.

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Monday, May 12, 2014, 13:25:35 »

Can only talk about what is available at the time DMR
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Monday, May 12, 2014, 13:26:58 »

Full list, don't think it's been posted yet.

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart (Manchester City), Ben Foster (West Bromwich Albion), Fraser Forster (Celtic).

Defenders: Leighton Baines (Everton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Luke Shaw (Southampton), Chris Smalling (Manchester United).

Midfielders: Ross Barkley (Everton), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Adam Lallana (Southampton), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), James Milner (Manchester City), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Raheem Sterling (Liverpool), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal).

Attackers: Rickie Lambert (Southampton), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool), Danny Welbeck (Manchester United).

Standby: John Ruddy (Norwich City), Jon Flanagan (Liverpool), John Stones (Everton), Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Tom Cleverley (Manchester United), Andy Carroll (West Ham United), Jermain Defoe (Toronto FC).
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Monday, May 12, 2014, 13:29:25 »

Woy has also confirmed that Stones will be in squad if Phil Jones ain't fit.

Fingers crossed
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Monday, May 12, 2014, 13:30:21 »

your last point is why I think Carroll is the better option. If the game dictates he can come on and bully the opposition. Don't think Lambert is anywhere near as good in the air either. Carroll is the best around at that. Who is the better player is debateable, Carroll without doubt offers something different to Lambert though.

Fair point about the fact he could bully the opposition. Just think he's a bit of a camel whereas Lambert at least looks like a footballer.

However Carroll's header against Sweden was sweet!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Monday, May 12, 2014, 13:34:40 »

Quite pleased with that squad...it's as good as it's gonna be I think.

A blend of young talent and experienced pro's.

Although, I'd probably have left Lampard out and taken Butland over Forster..

Roaming the land while you sleep..
kerry red

« Reply #88 on: Monday, May 12, 2014, 13:38:48 »

Chris Smalling FFS
timmyg

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Monday, May 12, 2014, 13:54:48 »

Smalling is the most bizarre pick for me.  I kow that it's unlikely that he'll play, but surely Stones should have that slot? Stones has at least been playing regularly, and has played right-back too so offers the same cover.

Lampard I can kind of understand as there's so little experience in the squad that we need a few older heads around the place, but I'd have preferred Cole to be there rather than Lampard.  In theory Lampard should be able to 'manage' games better than some of the other CMs.

Up front we're so, so weak.  Sturridge is a certain starter, and then Rooney I'd imagine will be squeezed in with Lambert and Sterling offering alternatives based on what is happening in the game.  Any injuries to the main two and we're in big trouble, though!

never trust a nun...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: