Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stockpot v STFC matchday thread  (Read 11721 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, February 24, 2024, 10:52:04 »

Pre match United's shit, City's worse, we always put County first in The Calverts Court.
Indeed.

The bracing walk to the station this morning accompanied by the dawn chorus & the light of a silvery full moon could well be the highlight of the day.

Only the 3rd visit here.
Not surprising given that our hosts were avoidably detained in non league for a while.
Relegations are always avoidable, promotions require a large amount of blood, sweat & tears.

My nod to the miasma of waning enthusiasm was not sorting the trains out to get here 25mins earlier as would have been the case last season if I remember.

Will give The Cracked Actor Bar a go later.
Sounds like a place that Bamboo would frequent.
Then hopefully a crack at some Robinson's ales.
Let's face it the only Euphoria today is likely to come from a pint of the same name.

Stopfordians are lucky in that they have some WW2 air raid shelter tunnels that will be good to go when Mad Vlad pays a visit or Trump if we don't keep up with the NATO subscription.

Read that County had some injuries but their last couple of lineups looked decent enough.
Can't see their winless run extending to 4 games today.
Our front 3 or 4 can cause them a problem or two it's the rest of the collective that might not have the wherewithal to cope for 90+ minutes.

Anyway, it's Saturday, the sun is out & there is football & beer, although the latter won't help in the ongoing dismal efforts to distinguish between our no's 32 & 23.
That's all, but could return to the pub if I can't find Gate F later.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, February 24, 2024, 11:16:18 »

Pre match United's shit, City's worse, we always put County first in The Calverts Court.
Indeed.

The bracing walk to the station this morning accompanied by the dawn chorus & the light of a silvery full moon could well be the highlight of the day.

Only the 3rd visit here.
Not surprising given that our hosts were avoidably detained in non league for a while.
Relegations are always avoidable, promotions require a large amount of blood, sweat & tears.

My nod to the miasma of waning enthusiasm was not sorting the trains out to get here 25mins earlier as would have been the case last season if I remember.

Will give The Cracked Actor Bar a go later.
Sounds like a place that Bamboo would frequent.
Then hopefully a crack at some Robinson's ales.
Let's face it the only Euphoria today is likely to come from a pint of the same name.

Stopfordians are lucky in that they have some WW2 air raid shelter tunnels that will be good to go when Mad Vlad pays a visit or Trump if we don't keep up with the NATO subscription.

Read that County had some injuries but their last couple of lineups looked decent enough.
Can't see their winless run extending to 4 games today.
Our front 3 or 4 can cause them a problem or two it's the rest of the collective that might not have the wherewithal to cope for 90+ minutes.

Anyway, it's Saturday, the sun is out & there is football & beer, although the latter won't help in the ongoing dismal efforts to distinguish between our no's 32 & 23.
That's all, but could return to the pub if I can't find Gate F later.

Plans gone to shit this Morning.
No lift to the station thus had to drive myself.

On the train now and as always questioning why I bother.
Will have a few then have to stop.

Easy direct trip today - been up at the crack of dawn, frost and a long dog walk.

See you later. ⚽️
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Saturday, February 24, 2024, 11:19:47 »

He’s a fucking idiot, isn’t he? So unlikeable.

As much charm offensive as Anthony Hall.
The bloke is a complete wanker when it comes to interviews.

Can only dream of the day when all this lot fuck off for good.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Saturday, February 24, 2024, 11:21:39 »

Problem is, they’ll probably take the club with them.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Saturday, February 24, 2024, 11:34:43 »

Probably a match I should be going to, given the proximity but could not garner {no pun} the gumption to go. Stockport County is one of my faves and haven't been there for...well probably the last time they were in the league.

If today is a day to wear an orange hat, then at ''The Hatters'' is probably the cheapest shot at doing so

Fair fuckity fucks for those going today, I hope you have some enjoyment in the ground as well as at the Cracked Actor. Indeed, it is a decent place to whet the weary whistle.

Notice that the rainbow ball is being used for the first time at Stockport today. There is unlikely to be any sign of Zippy, Bungle and George - that is unless Hall, Austin and Hart are ''Matchday Guests'' of course  Roll Eyes

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Saturday, February 24, 2024, 13:38:51 »

Fair play to Wobbly Bob, The Duke and all others who continue to support the Town travelling endless miles in all weathers and spending an absolute fortune in doing so.
Used to do the same many years ago but just can’t muster the enthusiasm these days, even with a ST I find it difficult to be bothered to go, and that’s just the home games.
Hope your support will eventually be rewarded and you finally see an unexpected away win.  (This season or next),  Admire you boys enormously,  safe journey and enjoy the beers as I don’t think there will be a lot else to cheer about

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #51 on: Saturday, February 24, 2024, 13:41:45 »

Fair play to Wobbly Bob, The Duke and all others who continue to support the Town travelling endless miles in all weathers and spending an absolute fortune in doing so.
Used to do the same many years ago but just can’t muster the enthusiasm these days, even with a ST I find it difficult to be bothered to go, and that’s just the home games.
Hope your support will eventually be rewarded and you finally see an unexpected away win.  (This season or next),  Admire you boys enormously,  safe journey and enjoy the beers as I don’t think there will be a lot else to cheer about
Absolutely this.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, February 24, 2024, 13:49:01 »

Same as, good post Clap

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Saturday, February 24, 2024, 13:53:04 »

I’ve certainly traveled with zero expectation from today. Best hope is that it’s not an embarrassing shambles again. I’m fully expecting that the pre-match burger and Robinson’s will be the most enjoyable part of the day.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #54 on: Saturday, February 24, 2024, 13:56:02 »

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Saturday, February 24, 2024, 13:56:57 »

Wheres Khan and UGM?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #56 on: Saturday, February 24, 2024, 13:57:44 »

Wheres Khan and UGM?
Khan is suspended isnt he?

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Saturday, February 24, 2024, 13:57:52 »

Great, an injury to the one right back at the club. Good luck Mino.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Saturday, February 24, 2024, 13:58:09 »

That looks a complete mess to me.
Freeloader

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Saturday, February 24, 2024, 13:58:31 »

Wheres Khan and UGM?

Khan suspended, UGM injured, presumably.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: