Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Open letter from the trust  (Read 1643 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Today at 10:46:16 »

A lot were critical of the new Trust board before they’d even got their feet under the table.
I thought it obvious from their first communication that they were loading the gun first and / or giving Clem/the club enough rope to hang themselves.

Yeah I thought their first statement was a bit too pally, but its clear now what they were doing.

Good stuff chaps. Putting some trust back in the trust.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Today at 10:51:02 »

Its encouraging what the trust are doing right now. I do wonder if the whole thing is cyclical though, this is reminiscent of later days under the Power regime, the trust then gets pally with a new owner etc. Hopfully lessons are learned going forward.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Today at 10:52:01 »

I think Clem's client journalist is best left out of this one.

Well perhaps, but it was more the "I spoke to Clem" bit - at least somebody has!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Today at 10:52:24 »

Also worthwhile saying how complicit the last lot were. Actual disgrace how long they let the club get away with all of this. Well done the new board but fuck off the old lot

This.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Today at 10:55:36 »

Sky's Chris Hull on X:

Having read the @TrustSTFC statement this morning, Jon, I spoke to Clem to offer to act as an independent host for dialogue between club & fans - to produce a roadmap for the future and look at potential fan ownership/other ownership #STFC options. Happy to help a brilliant club.

Agree. It's not about working with Morfuni any more. This leopard won't change his spots - they're cancerous. It's time to force them all out and actively hunt for the right kind of owners.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Today at 10:56:24 »

A bit of balance is needed here. Whilst I don’t agree with the passivity of the previous Trust board members, there were well meaning people there with good intentions. I have no ill feeling towards them - they were duped, as we all were, by Morfuni and co and it is difficult to extract yourself from that. I exclude the Fair Game bloke from this - that was deceptive. A change in board was needed in order to take this approach and have credibility. Today is the first day of trying to wrestle back control, hound them out, protest, apply pressure etc.

Yeah fair to say some of them were duped. That James Spencer is just a cunt though. Him and some of our supporters are still to this day total Clemmings.

For some, its time to work out if they're Swindon Town fans or Clem Morfuni fans.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Today at 11:00:06 »

Well perhaps, but it was more the "I spoke to Clem" bit - at least somebody has!

The guy did a puff piece on Karachi!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Today at 11:06:31 »

Wasn't STFCBoo a club employee for a while (might still be), something to do with security or stewarding...

Also got stitched up by Power at some point as well I seem to remember..  might have something to do with his staunch support of Clem.

You can always invest.....didn't the trust offer to convert some of the debt in to shares and the club declined?
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Today at 11:07:47 »

A bit of balance is needed here. Whilst I don’t agree with the passivity of the previous Trust board members, there were well meaning people there with good intentions. I have no ill feeling towards them - they were duped, as we all were, by Morfuni and co and it is difficult to extract yourself from that. I exclude the Fair Game bloke from this - that was deceptive. A change in board was needed in order to take this approach and have credibility. Today is the first day of trying to wrestle back control, hound them out, protest, apply pressure etc.

We really weren't. Dissenting voices were crushed. I think in order for the fanbase to unite behind the Trust they really need to front up, admit that their "due diligence" was a sham, that huge, potentially catastrophic mistakes were made and frankly look to build bridges with those (a subset of fans, if you will) that felt utterly alienated by the Clem love-in, given there were more red flags than a Soviet Victory Day Parade in Red Square.
I'm all for this latest statement but it leaves the elephant in the room that is the fact that the Trust brought us to this point, invited the cuckoos into the nest and then gave them the keys.

How in good faith could we look at any potential suitor that they back going forward without having had that self-reflection?
« Last Edit: Today at 11:10:07 by Mooneyraker » Logged
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Today at 11:14:09 »

The Council are never going to buy back the ground, they will never justify spending the money to do so, regardless of what the contract says.

Maybe if the Eady Trust provide some assurances they'll buy it again and give it to the trust?  Hmmm
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Today at 11:17:47 »

Agree. It's not about working with Morfuni any more. This leopard won't change his spots - they're cancerous. It's time to force them all out and actively hunt for the right kind of owners.

Biggest issue at play here, is that I think Clems next move might be to offer to sell and then end up selling to Chris Keilys wife, Michael Standings lawyer, Adam Harts mate down the pub or Zav Austins dog walker leaving us in the same Jed/Power/Clem myriad of shite. 
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Today at 11:19:41 »

Be curious to hear Bathfords thoughts at this time and if he has been involved in any of the interested parties.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: