Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Recommend me a Hotel in London  (Read 3823 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, May 1, 2012, 09:50:52 »

Gonna take the other half to london for her birthday as she wants to go shopping, so looking somewhere outside the congestion zone, so kensington, shepherds bush. etc etc. I dont know London, so dont know which areas are nice and which are not.
Not after a travel lodge or holiday inn, so somethign a bit up market.

Thanks oh wise people of  the TEF
dporter

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2012, 10:06:55 »

Gonna take the other half to london for her birthday as she wants to go shopping, so looking somewhere outside the congestion zone, so kensington, shepherds bush. etc etc. I dont know London, so dont know which areas are nice and which are not.

K-West Hotel & Spa in Shepherds Bush is meant to be pretty good, quite trendy and close to Westfield for shopping too. Never stayed there myself but have drunk in the bar. Richmond Gate Hotel is also nice, slightly further out of London however it's right on the edge of Richmond Park and you can hop on the District line to get up to the city.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2012, 10:08:00 »

Nice
Not nice
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2012, 10:13:56 »

I always used to visit the Novotel in Hammersmith, a very nice 4 star hotel for not much over £120 a night, not the nicest of areas but very close to the tube and some great pubs nearby on the river front.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2012, 10:14:53 »

There's a hotel in Shepherds Bush Called the K West which is a nice boutique hotel.  Its taken over from the columbia as the rock n roll hotel of choice, so if you can stand the braying cokeheads from the record companies hanging around the bar and afford £8 for a glass of wine you'll love it.  And you may see some minor indie stars stumbling around thinking the world revolves around them.  Im really selling this aren't I.

And its just across the road from the westfield centre which apparently is very nice for shopping.

http://www.k-west.co.uk/

Never knowingly overstated.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2012, 10:15:57 »

The Dorchester?
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2012, 10:26:34 »

There's a hotel in Shepherds Bush Called the K West which is a nice boutique hotel.  Its taken over from the columbia as the rock n roll hotel of choice, so if you can stand the braying cokeheads from the record companies hanging around the bar and afford £8 for a glass of wine you'll love it.  And you may see some minor indie stars stumbling around thinking the world revolves around them.  Im really selling this aren't I.

And its just across the road from the westfield centre which apparently is very nice for shopping.

http://www.k-west.co.uk/

this
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2012, 10:27:58 »

Easy. The hoxton hotel. Zone 1, old street. Nice bars nearby, near spitalfields market.

Cheap if you book early enough. You can sunday rooms for £49. And for a 4 star hotel, that is cheap!

Good beds aswell!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2012, 10:51:03 »

cheers guys, wil check these out.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2012, 11:21:39 »

k-west looks good.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2012, 11:22:22 »

Kanye?
dporter

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2012, 11:23:32 »

k-west looks good.

Interesting that out of all the hotels in London 3 of us recommended it. It's in a good location too  Smiley
Panda Paws

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2012, 11:34:14 »

Easy. The hoxton hotel. Zone 1, old street. Nice bars nearby, near spitalfields market.

Cheap if you book early enough. You can sunday rooms for £49. And for a 4 star hotel, that is cheap!

Good beds aswell!

This
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2012, 11:46:36 »

I took the missus to the Grange St Paul's Hotel in Goliman Street, London. 5* Luxury with Luxury Spa and Pool.

The pool, steam rooms, sauna and Jacuzzi are free to use.

It's located near St Paul's Cathedral, but away from the hussle and bussle at the same time. Here's a link to the hotels website: http://www.grangehotels.com/hotels-london/grange-st-pauls-hotel/location.aspx

And I believe this link is to the hotel itself (It's marked as Top Secret, so you can't see the name, but the info on the hotel is the same as it was when I booked it back in October)
http://www.lastminute.com/site/travel/hotels/hotels-details.html?accommCode=1000013207-1-5-GH:1$v1v$&CATID=4&source=ppc_uk_goog_hotels_e_XX+-+Hotel+Name+Test%20::%20grange%20st%20pauls%20hotel%20london&gclid=CLHlpsP_3q8CFawMtAodH0Bi_Q

Enjoy anyway. London's ace

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2012, 11:48:12 »

And to say an emo fag like myself felt out of place in a hotel like that, is an understatement....! Really nice place all the same. Rooms are huge, as are the bathrooms.
It may also be a bit too central for what you're looking for, but their was no noise or anything disruptive around by the hotel, despite the Cathedral only being a 2 minute walk
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 1, 2012, 11:50:27 by PHIL!!!! » Logged

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: