Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: bored  (Read 1071 times)
juddie

Ignore
« on: Thursday, February 28, 2008, 22:29:41 »

I'm getting increasingly bored of what our players have to say. Peacock saying we need to make the CG a fortress - you and I both know it isnt going to happen, so why say it?

I'm bored of listening to the players saying the same things. anyone else?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, February 28, 2008, 22:32:09 »

yup, im also bored of the post bag were I swear they try and find the most retarded letter/post and use it.

One saying Malpas isnt good enough on the back of a 2-2 away draw at Oldham, apparently his team selection was all wrong....then he said he hopes Malpas is ill Saturday so we might play well?! bet he wasnt even at the fucking game tuesday night.

Anyway, fao the Adver....if you cant fill 3/4 pages with STFC news.....then dont, rather than put in pointless articles...
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, February 28, 2008, 22:43:28 »

I don't read their interviews myself for the very same reason.

Although I stopped doing that yonks ago because for years they have all been similar and I would guess that even Prem players are the same "This game is so big", "We get on so well as a team", "The fans deserve it" ect. ect.

Post match interviews can be interesting at time's but mid-week interviews...Pah!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, February 28, 2008, 23:58:22 »

Quote from: "juddie"
I'm getting increasingly bored of what our players have to say. Peacock saying we need to make the CG a fortress - you and I both know it isnt going to happen, so why say it?

Yup. I think we need Roberts to come out and say we should make the CG a bouncy castle - much better idea and would attract the kids
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, February 29, 2008, 09:10:45 »

I am annoyed with them saying the fans need to improve the atmosphere yes its flat most of the time but if they actually put on a performance they would notice the crowd is more vocal and supportive (i.e Swansea).  Bottom line is if they don't deliver on the pitch then fans wont deliver in the stands.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, February 29, 2008, 09:27:34 »

Quote from: "pauld"

Yup. I think we need Roberts to come out and say we should make the CG a bouncy castle - much better idea and would attract the kids

adje

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, February 29, 2008, 13:17:53 »

Trouble is most footballers say the same things due to their limited intelligence

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, February 29, 2008, 13:19:28 »

Quote from: "adje"

Trouble is most footballers say the same things due to their limited intelligence

Iz u sayin' day iz fick?

I come from a land down-under
JanAageisGod

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, February 29, 2008, 15:00:41 »

Quote from: "adje"

I think that's slightly unfair. Let's knock out:

1) The things they can't really say in public tempting as it might be. Slagging off team-mates, the manager, the fans & the chairman are generally seen as off limits. (even if justified)

2) Those questions about the upcoming game/promotion/avoiding relegation chances: They can't say "No, we reckon Leeds will cane us, their squad is much deeper than ours and Tresor Kandol scares seven bells out of me. That'll screw whatever play off chance we have too so it's mid table for us"

3) They won't say too much tactical stuff either in a trade secret kind of way.

So given the consequences of saying anything controversial, negative, interesting or indiscreet can you blame them for trotting out a few cliches safely and retiring to the bar?

It's true most of them aren't about to quote Greek philosophical texts at you (though I bet Chris Blackburn could go off at a few tangents) but it's not down to having the IQ of a walnut in many cases.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: