Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fleetwood Town Vs Swindon Town: Match Day Thread  (Read 70132 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Saturday, January 3, 2015, 23:26:23 »

Top Man Tony.
Any relation to Tom the Cabin Boy.
That bloody music is going to haunt me !!

Roger the cabin boy!

Clems Army!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Saturday, January 3, 2015, 23:28:19 »

First game of the season - thoughts from the day...

1) Possibly the friendliest away day I have ever had, everyone at the club was dead friendly from the stewards to the bar staff - not a big thing but made a nice change.

2) Byrne was class first half but quiet second, I don't know whether they got smart to him, kicked him out of the game or he was just covering Branco but he drifted away.

3) Equally Toffolo seemed to come into game second half - lots of running and always available for the ball!

4) The lad from Chelsea looked class - could tell he was from a Premier Club if only because he had gloves on!

5) The playing out from the back worries me (mainly because ball playing centre halves are rare at this level and as a former centre half I was definitely not ball playing!) however seems to work well. Apart from the moment when it went wrong in the second half and Wes for some reason seemed to be stood near the corner flag - looked up and the goal was empty but they couldn't get a shot in.

6) In 30+ years attending football it was the first time I have ever seen a referee who genuinely seemed to be timewasting in the second half - ?

7) I assume it was a deliberate decision that the female lino ran the line with no stand behind her all game - and on that topic why the hell do they have a stand that only goes part length of the pitch!

Cool Everyone on buses in Blackpool is proper mad!

Generally a good day out and still cannot decide whether it was 2 points dropped or one gained? However the mate I went with who is a Man Utd supporter was very impressed and wants to go to further northern games this season so we are obviously doing something right.

Ref the half stand...

When I saw fleetwood beat the yellow stain I was told the social club refuses to sell up meaning the club cannot extend the stand.

Clems Army!
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Saturday, January 3, 2015, 23:29:51 »

Roger the cabin boy!

Yes stand corrected.
Cut throat Jake I recall.
Loved that when I was a kid.....can't believe it was never censored with the names.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Saturday, January 3, 2015, 23:32:11 »

It was Tom I just looked it up Smiley
Memory intact.
Master Mate as well Smiley
tonyb

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Saturday, January 3, 2015, 23:34:07 »

goodnight all
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Saturday, January 3, 2015, 23:57:08 »

Thought this was a very fair summary: can't make up my own mind whether that was two points lost or two points gained in the circumstances. Should have capitalised on first half possession and opportunities but did well to claw it back for a point. Missed Nat T today, Fleetwood were attacking right side of our defence, i.e. Branco, all through the 2nd half; the most complementary I can be is to describe him as a lower league David Luiz, hhhhmmmm.....anyway we keep accumulating points, we're in the mix and top of the league: great position to be in early Jan. p.s. first time I've heard Captain Pugwash theme music played over the tannoy when the home team score.

I don't think it was two points gained to be honest
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Saturday, January 3, 2015, 23:58:09 »

in the first half you played better than any team we have had here, wont mention the names as you wouldnt know them,   full of confidence to a point you may have riled us,   nice fans, quality feedback from local drinking establishments, you lot can come again,   and yes you played marginally better than bristol, happy?,   hope everybody got home safe Clap

Check in the morning as I know a few who stayed over! He wont read it as he's a luddite, but congrats to Jacko who made the 92 club today.
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Sunday, January 4, 2015, 00:12:02 »

Funny how Rodgers Jr. made a rare appearance when Daddio was in attendance.

Indeed. We trained at Melwood today as well! Probably worth it for 10mins every now and again.
Gerinthere

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Sunday, January 4, 2015, 10:41:49 »

Need a new penalty taker I think.

Coops said in his post match interview that Willo will now take the penalties.
Benzel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #354 on: Sunday, January 4, 2015, 11:00:14 »

Got a lot of time for that Williams goal.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Sunday, January 4, 2015, 11:09:45 »

Is there any highlights available yet?

It's All Good..............
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Sunday, January 4, 2015, 11:14:47 »

Check in the morning as I know a few who stayed over! He wont read it as he's a luddite, but congrats to Jacko who made the 92 club today.
Top work from Jacko, but serious question.... How do you calculate 'the 92'. Do I, or he for that matter, as he was there, count Histon (who've never set foot in the football league).
Amir

« Reply #357 on: Sunday, January 4, 2015, 11:33:13 »

The current 92 football league club's grounds, Shirley.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Sunday, January 4, 2015, 11:33:28 »

Top work from Jacko, but serious question.... How do you calculate 'the 92'. Do I, or he for that matter, as he was there, count Histon (who've never set foot in the football league).

they have to be in the FL when you play them, i think.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Sunday, January 4, 2015, 11:53:51 »

Got a lot of time for that Williams goal.

I was certain at the time that the Williams goal took a massive deflection but after seeing the replay it was a brilliant finish.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: