Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 61   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: January transfer window thread  (Read 128795 times)
Keroooosh

« Reply #420 on: Friday, December 30, 2011, 11:12:25 »

Crazy seling Benyon to a promotion rival?! Timlin and now Benyon, i know we werent playing them but surely to a different club that we arent competing with Huh?
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Friday, December 30, 2011, 11:17:25 »

Just read a rumour that leon clarke is off to charlton in a swap deal for paul benson

Confirmed by Gary Rose. Happy to be shot of Clarke, replacing him with a proven goalscorer at this level. More than happy with that.
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Friday, December 30, 2011, 11:19:21 »

Official swindon twitter i think for the benyon deal and bbc wilts now saying swap with charlton for clarke and benson is going ahead.

And judging by dicanio's interview in the adver it seems liam ridehalgh was sent back not recalled

Interesting set of transfers! Good luck to Benyon if he goes - take it he won't be allowed to play against us on the 28th January?

Clarke for Benson would make sense - both clubs appear to have something the other club wants! And would draw a nice neat line under the Clarke situation.

As for saying Ridehalgh was sent back... that does seem very odd. Sour grapes from Di canio perhaps?

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Friday, December 30, 2011, 11:19:52 »

Fucking hell we're getting a shift on early here.

Would be happy with both deals, Benyon to Southend may be questioned but I want Southend to go up with us to be honest

Foderingham and Benson in, Clarke and Benyon out. Ready Sonic's pants, I'm on my way.
« Last Edit: Friday, December 30, 2011, 11:21:39 by Nemo » Logged
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Friday, December 30, 2011, 11:22:31 »

Clarke/Benson is great move for us, if i remember correctly there was talk of a fee being invloved if we wanted Benson permentally so that has saved a few quid as well.

TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Friday, December 30, 2011, 11:25:41 »

Great deal and 1 striker in who knows this league...70 odd goals in 140 odd games for Daggers I believe so 1st 1 in, Fodders perm next week and another winger for me! Would like to see us have a little bid for Justin Richards at Burton though as well!

#VivaKenBarlow!
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Friday, December 30, 2011, 11:28:42 »

Interesting set of transfers! Good luck to Benyon if he goes - take it he won't be allowed to play against us on the 28th January?

Available for Southend v Swindon according to Twitter...Benyon gets the winner  Hmmm hope not!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #427 on: Friday, December 30, 2011, 11:28:52 »

Both good deals, Benyon was on fairly high wages allegedly and has not set the world alight at Wycombe, 1 goal in 11 games, hardly setting the world on fire now is it? yes its questionable selling him to a promotion rival but its 1 less wage and PdC does not rate him.

Clarke for Benson is brilliant news IMO.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Friday, December 30, 2011, 11:36:22 »

The only worry with Paul Benson is that he's 32 and only played a handful of games this season - think he will take a little while to get up to speed.

But on the plus side Benson will add alot of league experience to a very young squad - our oldest players in the team at the moment are McCormack and Magera (both 28ish i believe).

Another positive is that he's not played in the FA Cup or Johnstone's Paint Trophy for Charlton this season so he'll be available for both Barnet legs and the Wigan tie. Could be a crucial signing, exactly what we needed at this same stage last season? Instead we got Benyon, Obika, Grella and Andrew!!

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
Spud

« Reply #429 on: Friday, December 30, 2011, 11:37:51 »

Crazy seling Benyon to a promotion rival?! Timlin and now Benyon, i know we werent playing them but surely to a different club that we arent competing with Huh?

I don't see how it's crazy selling Timlin to Southend? I wouldn't have him in the team ahead of Ferry or Smith.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Friday, December 30, 2011, 11:39:35 »

To be honest I know nothing about Benson whatsoever. His goal < 1:3 ration looks good though. 6Ft 2 so presumably a big target man?

Dozno9

« Reply #431 on: Friday, December 30, 2011, 11:41:54 »

I don't see the issue of past players playing against us, surely if we thought they were a threat we wouldn't have got rid.

The efficiency of the Board and PDC is quite unnerving. Why can't we just tread water for a few weeks, panic and then sign a load of shite in the last 5 minutes.
« Last Edit: Friday, December 30, 2011, 11:43:39 by Dozno9 » Logged
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Friday, December 30, 2011, 11:56:19 »

Not bothered about Benyon going to Southend. He didn't want to be here so fuck him. Southend were probably the only team interested in him so couldn't care less as long as he's gone.

Same goes for Clarke but that works out really well for us as we get Benson in and save ourselves a transfer fee in the process of fucking off another unwanted striker. Brilliant business.

So Benson and hopefully Wes coming in on perms. Now for a LB and a winger and possibly another striker depending on what happens with Jervis and Murray on loan.
Keroooosh

« Reply #433 on: Friday, December 30, 2011, 12:08:10 »

I don't see how it's crazy selling Timlin to Southend? I wouldn't have him in the team ahead of Ferry or Smith.

Id have him on the bench instead of Risser though wouldnt you? Timlin is a good player at this level IMO and is obviously helping a promotion rival.

Good getting rid of Clarke and getting Benson in though! hopefully he can hit the ground running
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Friday, December 30, 2011, 12:08:27 »

I do wonder if Ridehalgh going back to Huddersfield had anything to do with us not agreeing to swap him with Leon Clarke.

It could be that that they gave PDC an ultimatum that we let Clarke go there or they take Liam back.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 61   Go Up
Print
Jump to: