Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leyton Orient v Swindon Town Buildup & Matchday  (Read 24925 times)
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Saturday, March 4, 2023, 22:41:24 »

What a day. Can’t beat London away days. Thought we was doing fine till their goal, same old shite - header/cross and we concede 😭. Couple times thought we coulda converted half chances in first half to a goal. Devine great going forward but the orient winger had his number I thought, defensively weak but give him some slack. Minturn done well, hope he goes from strength to strength at this club - local lad in the spine of team would be great. Kadji useless. Not in game, weak, doesn’t tackle and poor passing. Poor signing I feel. Seems too raw atm. RHM put himself ahout and did the running of two upfront, Austin anonymous today. Wakeling brilliant. Sandro out chants were loud enough.Good number chanting it - Fans brilliant entire game  - best we’ve got behind team all season, very noisy away end, was electric at times. Mountain to climb and an unreal run of form needed for Play offs. Hope Morris sticks with us and we back him properly with proper squad next season
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 4, 2023, 23:11:58 by MangoRed » Logged
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Saturday, March 4, 2023, 22:45:00 »

Hutton has gone off the boil since the window.

Tomlinson is 22 and has not many league games under his belt. Thought he did well today out of position.
---
Austin just isn't getting the service he needs. Just like Jephcott wasn't. Difficult up top on your own m

RHM did well. As did devine

of the even younger youngsters Minturn did well for his first game. kadji was ok but at fault for the goal.

On the Hutton thing, I kind of agree, though don't think he has been bad. I do think people underestimate the effect of gladwin there. He made such a difference to where Hutton recieved the ball and the type of ball he had.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Saturday, March 4, 2023, 23:18:12 »

On the Hutton thing, I kind of agree, though don't think he has been bad. I do think people underestimate the effect of gladwin there. He made such a difference to where Hutton recieved the ball and the type of ball he had.

I also think that Hutton is a better RB than a RWB, he doesn't seem to quite know what to do in defense in a back 5.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Saturday, March 4, 2023, 23:21:34 »

Great point today with essentially nothing to lose against the league leaders, yet everything to play for concerning PO aspirations.

All the lads who were asked to do something different today did great and obviously Minturn had a ''forced'' debut but sometimes you need a to be put a bit of out of your comfort zone to kickstart a career. Point being, if he can just about do it at the league leaders then he can probably do it at Walsall on a cold Tuesday night. I wish him well, his mannerisms remind me of Jack Grealish for some reason. In an ideal world you'd drip feed some more minutes to him from now until the end of the season but Morris doesn't have that luxury so Minturn may get more opportunities; let's not get on the lads back if he does inevitably fuck up the odd time - he genuinely is young and learning; it isn't his fault he has been put in this fast track scenario. On the flip, he should grasp it by the...gonads...carpe diem and all that vajazzle.

Devine was nearly as his surname suggests, until injury and it does feel a bit 'Lydeny' with him for me unfortunately; such a shame as he is quite a player at this level so I hope we can persevere but football is a tough reality when you're an injured player.

Shame Austin was off the ball today but that could well be some burn out and yet again I feel this is unfortunate due to the lack of quality available up front. I would like to see him rested or taken off a bit earlier if poss - but it's a tough call as you know he has the awareness and football brian to do something game changing.

Pleased for Wakeling as this just grows his confidence a little more each time. There is some good return from him in his first season here.

Hutton, I feel it very much is still a case he needs to get over himself and he's not the big time charlie he thinks he is. He's clearly lowered his performance level since the transfer window closed and that is nothing to do with any other changes in personnel imo. He (or his agent) needs to use his/their brians a little better if they want a move/wage increase. The easiest way to achieve this is to play to his optimum level, help the club get into the POs and he'll have more options in the Summer. Whether that is a move elsewhere or a wage increase then he'll get those chances. Spitting his dummy out and playing below his known and consistent level will backfire and limit his options - unless that is, he already has a pre-agreed move for next season. I would not be surprised, if Morris had a full compliment that we'd see Hutton either on the bench but yet again, Morris hasn't the luxury to drop players at will at present.

George McEachran definitely improves each time and just makes the midfield work. Very fortunate to have got him in at L2 as he could slot into many a L1 side. Not much else to add as his performances speak for themself at present and today was no different.

Finally and to end on a positive note, RH-M is a real nuisance isn't he? In all the best ways - relentless and erratic, almost unnerving to a point and must feel unpredictable to other sides. I think he's great; a bit more polishing and he's class to have at this level.

On a final final note, don't think I saw anyone I know today and Mr Orange was hiding from me again after I gave him 36 missed calls but it was fantastic all round from the over 1k away support - leading the SdM chants was a joy  Soapy Tit Wank

Pint

Yes, the ''brians'' are intentional  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #364 on: Sunday, March 5, 2023, 11:36:22 »

Away attendance 1,252 yesterday, bloody great turn out and made a lot of noise.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Sunday, March 5, 2023, 11:41:28 »

There are a few clubs in L2 who took more away fans yesterday than Reading took to Middlesbrough.

Tinpot fuckers
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Sunday, March 5, 2023, 11:42:20 »

Fantastic turn out considering it's not exactly a Derby and that we've only got an outside chance of the play offs. Only decent away games left are Wallsall away midweek, Wimbledon which season ticket holders will probably snap up and Crewe which is is further away and maybe nothing left to play for.

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #367 on: Sunday, March 5, 2023, 11:55:09 »

A few views on the 2 Orient forums, I highlighted one, I wonder why they thought Brynn was shaky? I thought he was better than Vigs yesterday.

Quote from: Orient forum
This game is going to split opinions. I didn’t think we were very good. I said at half time that Swindon would score and the praise in the first half was overdone. Swindon had half a team missing and barely any recognised defenders.

Swindon. 6. I think the commentators said all of their subs were forward players. Defence looked petrified from minute 1 and to only score from a set piece shows we didn’t play well. Others may see it differently. Most of the chasing pack won. It’s squeaky bum time.

I didn’t know about the Swindon defence being a bunch of rookies but that just adds to what I was going to say:
Today is another example where if we had someone who could actually score, we’d have grabbed the second goal for a 2 goal cushion and then you have a completely different game on your hands. This isn’t a dig at Drinan but it says a lot that at 1-1, top of the table and we’re pushing for a winner, the attacking player we bring on makes me think we’re actually less likely to score now.

So dominant in 1st half, 9 corners
But never looked like scoring from open play, final pass was poor.

Their back 4 was pretty bad first half Their no 5 was no taller than 5ft 5inches. Somehow they got stronger in the 2nd half particularly after scoring . We seemed to have. No idea how to break down their defence. They bought on a very pace winger who scored. Spoke to one of their supporters after who thought that was the best they had played for a long time.

It was an enjoyable game, both teams trying to play football, Swindon dangerously so.
As weak as they were at the back (even Kelman and Ruel were winning headers FFS), it wasn't until Drinnan come on that we started physically dominating them.

I thought that was the first opposition midfield this season to at least match us. McEacheran was lively and so was the old Welsh boy until he went off.

Pretty good first half performance but yet again we fail to convert chances and Swindon, quick on the break, are not out of this by any means.

Throws, crosses, corners.  Staggering amount against a shaky back line and stuff all to show for it.  Our weakness in the number 9 area is plain to see.  Our football is pretty.  But oh for a decent leader of the attack.

Disappointed. 2 points lost (again).

They scored with their first chance on goal

Yet when they went forward they looked likely to create chances.  Said before they scored they were likely too on the break.  Not hard to see their tactics.  We were mugged.  Typical away performance.  Defend well and hit on the break.  Having said that, their defence was a shambles and the keeper poor but still good enough to stifle us which is the real insult.

Frustrating that it should have been three points though.

My take on the game for what it’s worth I thought first half every time we went forward it looked like we would score they were all over the place but I thought we overplayed it too often they were dangerous on the break but mostly when we made mistakes and allowed them in Sadlier Theo and Idris were all very good first half and we should have been out of sight.Once they scored they had something to hang on to and that’s what they did.Their support was excellent and they gave RW a standing ovation at the end a draw still keeps us well clear at the top and Carlisle have a terrible few games coming up and will drop points

I think James is in the team for his attacking threat.  All the Swindon chances chosen for the highlights came down his side and he seems to be struggling for pace.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Sunday, March 5, 2023, 13:22:21 »

Brynn was rock solid and has been whenever I've seen him play this season...
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Sunday, March 5, 2023, 13:38:20 »

Brynn was rock solid and has been whenever I've seen him play this season...
I thought he was solid, had a few catches where he didn’t get it completely cleanly to start but never looked in danger of properly fumbling or dropping. Having watched the goal back the ball was very close to him, he might be a bit disappointed with that given his high standards. Thought he did quite well yesterday. He looks to be quite vocal and has some Pickford vibes about him with the way he claps his hands together and marshals those in front of him.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Sunday, March 5, 2023, 13:41:06 »

I've not seen any comments on Vigs so how did he perform and is he still the quality keeper we remember.
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 5, 2023, 13:45:46 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Sunday, March 5, 2023, 13:46:10 »

He did OK although to be fair, we didn't give him a hell of a lot to do...
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Sunday, March 5, 2023, 13:47:45 »

Cheers, I guess he's now matured and isn't collecting coins to pay his fines😀

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Sunday, March 5, 2023, 14:25:16 »

What a day. Can’t beat London away days. Thought we was doing fine till their goal, same old shite - header/cross and we concede 😭. Couple times thought we coulda converted half chances in first half to a goal. Devine great going forward but the orient winger had his number I thought, defensively weak but give him some slack. Minturn done well, hope he goes from strength to strength at this club - local lad in the spine of team would be great. Kadji useless. Not in game, weak, doesn’t tackle and poor passing. Poor signing I feel. Seems too raw atm. RHM put himself ahout and did the running of two upfront, Austin anonymous today. Wakeling brilliant. Sandro out chants were loud enough.Good number chanting it - Fans brilliant entire game  - best we’ve got behind team all season, very noisy away end, was electric at times. Mountain to climb and an unreal run of form needed for Play offs. Hope Morris sticks with us and we back him properly with proper squad next season

Cracking away day and good to see you.
My voice is struggling a little today.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Sunday, March 5, 2023, 14:32:27 »

The stand out thing for me yesterday was our goal.
Almost slow motion from the time it left Wakeling’s boot, until the ball hit the net.
Was almost a deafening silence from the Swindon fans then absolute mayhem.

“We can see you washing up.” I should know better at my age.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: