Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Glastonbury...  (Read 16576 times)
Dazzza

« Reply #180 on: Tuesday, July 1, 2008, 12:59:44 »

What a fucking great time.  Beers

Highlights had to be the Enemy and the Verve closing on the Sunday night.  Fucking class.

Everything we managed to see was superb.  Even old Doherty was class up at the Park.

I can still taste Brother’s Hot & Spicy Cider.

Spud

« Reply #181 on: Tuesday, July 1, 2008, 17:43:32 »

I say this every year but i will be going next year, pissed off that i was skint when the tickets went on sale this year.  Sad
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Tuesday, July 1, 2008, 17:51:26 »

I'm so glad I went. The usual  gang I go with didn't all go cos they didn't like the line up, but I found plenty of good stuff I liked.
It's a 5 day long party with thousands getting trashed & virtually nil violence or hassle. Sure their were 130 arrests for theft & the like, but how many arrests would you expect over 5 days of 140,000 (A town about the size of Swindon) getting smashed.  Even the cops joined in, I saw 3 on horses wearing those frilly pink balerina type skirts & a yellow sunflower in their helmets !

From the Dark Side
lebowski

« Reply #183 on: Tuesday, July 1, 2008, 19:40:19 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/glastonbury/

Loads of sets to watch here.

I am currently watching Band Of Horses, in case you were wondering.
McLovin

« Reply #184 on: Wednesday, July 2, 2008, 10:19:22 »

I had an awesome time. Nice to have a sunny one, it makes it far less tiring...

My burnt shins are a sight to behold.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Wednesday, July 2, 2008, 10:29:44 »

Quote from: "Spud"
I say this every year but i will be going next year, pissed off that i was skint when the tickets went on sale this year.  Sad

I'm thinking about going as part of my Stag festivities, not sure if that's the done thing though - but who cares?
flammableBen

« Reply #186 on: Wednesday, July 2, 2008, 10:30:06 »

Anybody suffering from post-glasto depression? I used to always get that. Well after the relief of a brilliant nice shower anyway.
McLovin

« Reply #187 on: Wednesday, July 2, 2008, 11:04:24 »

Not really so much because i moved house the day after, so I went from one high to another. I know what you mean though, and the more time i spend at work looking at the weekend gone by in pictures, I feel a little sad.
my-velocity

« Reply #188 on: Wednesday, July 2, 2008, 12:55:53 »

It was my first glasto, and i will definetly be going next year.
There's just so much to do.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Wednesday, July 2, 2008, 14:40:54 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Quote from: "Spud"

I'm thinking about going as part of my Stag festivities, not sure if that's the done thing though - but who cares?

There were a few stag parties there that I saw. The problem I would see for most years is ticket availability.  Not a problem this year but would have been in previous years & I suspect next year.

From the Dark Side
Dazzza

« Reply #190 on: Wednesday, July 2, 2008, 15:59:22 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
Anybody suffering from post-glasto depression? I used to always get that. Well after the relief of a brilliant nice shower anyway.

Big time.  Probably last night was the worst as I was travelling home most of Monday and had the feel good shower and food factor to take the edge off.

The past couple 05 and 07 weren’t to bad on the come down as the whole site was a shit state of affairs (literally in some parts) and after a few days up to your shins in stinking filth as the Verve sang not even the drugs don’t work!  All in all though I was ready to come home from those two but given the weather this year I could have done another week.

That said I’m not too bad today.  Back at work and keeping bust and off to watch Big Willie’s latest flick tonight at the cinema.

I think it’ll be a battle for tickets once again as they look to be going back to more traditional headliners and I think a lot of people that stayed away having seen the footage now regret it.

Dazzza

« Reply #191 on: Wednesday, July 2, 2008, 16:43:48 »

Out of interest did anyone else use the Orange Glasto Nav application?

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Wednesday, July 2, 2008, 17:02:52 »

Quote from: "Dazzza"
Out of interest did anyone else use the Orange Glasto Nav application?

I read about that....fuck me it's a modern world.  

I always thought we were given a kind of homing instinct at birth, that however out of the head you get, you can always find your way back to what is even a temporary home.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Thursday, July 3, 2008, 12:56:55 »

Did it work. Like could you home in on where your mates were. We stuck to a pirates flag.

From the Dark Side
Dazzza

« Reply #194 on: Thursday, July 3, 2008, 14:48:11 »

Quote from: "Phil_S"
Did it work. Like could you home in on where your mates were. We stuck to a pirates flag.

It wasn't quite as good as a fucking great flag but it was useful to see the line ups on different stages and you could send your mate a location on the map to get to, which is quite handy.

The news also included all of the secret gigs.  It's a cracking application, very simple to use and effective at the same time.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: