Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2003/2004 season scrapbook  (Read 526 times)
dphunt88

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, May 1, 2024, 11:52:35 »

Hi all, been meaning to post this on TEF for ages, for those not so familiar with twitter.

20 years ago, when I was 15-16 years old, I was the most dedicated scrapbooker of all things STFC. On this thread of tweets that I've been updating since August, I'm bringing you the story of the 03/04 season in scrapbook form, through the eyes of a Year 11 student! Enjoy!

https://twitter.com/dphunt88/status/1689664186115125248?t=F8imMLSz311YbQ24kJ0j1Q&s=19

(My twitter is account is public, so hopefully for non-twitter users, you'll still be able to scroll down and see the entire thread)

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, May 1, 2024, 11:57:56 »

I have been watching Dan, good work.  Just one point, if you do a similar scrapbook for the past 3 years, i will use my certain set of skills, i will find you, and i will burn it Smiley

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, May 1, 2024, 13:27:57 »

This was my first season supporting STFC, aged 8. Got bought a half season ticket for Christmas and got the bug from that point on!! Had a season ticket ever since. Memory is certainly a bit blurry for this year but can clearly remember Fallon's overhead kick against City and how hot it was in the playoff game at home.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, May 1, 2024, 14:10:07 »

I had a couple of folders with all the match reports from the Adver & the WDP for the 92/93 & 93/94 seasons.

I’ve given them to the OSC so hopefully they will turn up in the museum at some point.
CMT82

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, May 1, 2024, 14:26:58 »

A fantastic season, one of my favourites during my time working for the club.

Some brilliant games with some quality players - so many magic moments as a fan.

Some random signings too - Sebastien Ruster (legal wrangle, popular in Old Town), Ben Martin (one app away at Boston in the LDV) and the loan signing of a (recovering from injury) Eddie Howe - who never played a game.

reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, May 1, 2024, 14:31:37 »

Been enjoying the updates. Had a ST in the TE back then and the atmosphere used to be great at times. Don't think I saw us lose a game all season until the home leg of the play-offs, but may be remembering incorrectly.

Took in quite a few away games that year too - Blackpool sticks in the momery for the Wellens red card, Stockport we did our best to throw away a 3-0 lead, and Plymouth had the Rhys Evans o.g. from an indirect free kick.

I was there for the FA Cup battering at Wycombe. Sebastien Ruster was brought on to change the game at 2-1 down and we quickly conceded two further goals. Had totally forgotten they had Frank Talia in goal that day. Frank would go on to cut off his toe with a lawnmower at the end of that season. "I was trying to cut my toenails with a lawn mower and discovered it doesn't work," he joked after leaving the hospital.

https://www.upi.com/Sports_News/2004/05/20/Soccers-Talia-slashes-toe-with-lawnmower/47441085070955/
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 1, 2024, 14:36:34 by reeves4england » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: