Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Leyton Orient pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 20047 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 21:21:21 »

Lindsey has managed to take away the attacking fluidity we had last season, but keep the defensive frailties. Hats off to him

Until the game got a bit spread out in the second half it was like watching a table football lineup - midfield four all stood in a line shuffling from side to side. Must be so easy to defend against. I don’t think khan ventured on the right side of the centre circle ‘till the 40th minute

We looked weaker after the subs too, which doesn’t say much for that fabled ‘depth’

Things get better but they never get good
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 21:22:26 »

What was wrong with Orient? I thought they looked pretty good by L2 standards.

First half they attacked with a bit of pace - assume they either lacked the energy to sustain that after Saturday, or simply backed off a bit.  It was noticeable that the one or two times they did up the tempo a bit, they got the same joy as they had in the first half.  I think Williams played a bit deeper as well, adding a body.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 21:26:07 »

For all the people who have had a pop at other people being a bit down on the team on here recently, this is the place to do it - have a whine.  Like being in the pub with your mates and setting the world to rights.

Fans booing the team at 30 mins into the game today, with the score at 1-1, not so much.  I get it was bad viewing, but mid game, really?  How is it going to help?  Maybe I will try it when working, have some sound effects having a pop at me.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 21:26:09 »

A decent result on paper tonight, right?

Didn’t listen or watch but most would have accepted a draw before the game, right?

No idea what Orients turn over of players has been like but let’s not forget 4 months ago they dicked us at home playing with 10 men for 70 minutes
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 21:29:41 by DiV » Logged
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 21:29:50 »

I miss Ben Garner. There I said it.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 21:32:04 »

Although it has to be said; if your keeper is picking up multiple MotM awards that *usually* means it’s a relegation season!!
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 21:32:55 »

I actually thought it was a lot better than I was expecting. 2nd half a lot better and definitely glimpses of promise. It’s not completely woeful which is what I thought it could have been.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 21:35:35 »

Why would that be, he had a squad that everyone seems to think was a million times better & he failed to get us promoted. Just imagine how shit we would be with him in charge 😂
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 21:36:42 »

The Charlton forum is buzzing this evening about the football they are playing.

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 21:37:59 »

Why would that be, he had a squad that everyone seems to think was a million times better & he failed to get us promoted. Just imagine how shit we would be with him in charge 😂

Injuries to key players messed things up.

So, give no fucks
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 21:43:04 »

I actually thought it was a lot better than I was expecting. 2nd half a lot better and definitely glimpses of promise. It’s not completely woeful which is what I thought it could have been.
This
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 21:44:53 »

My biggest gripe is I can’t work out what our ‘style’ or game plan is. It hasn’t been remotely obvious in any game we’ve played, we just seem to put 11 players out, hope something works and a couple of players do something off their own back. I honestly can’t work out what Lindsey is trying to do….
Even if 2nd half was an improvement we’ve only got a point because our keeper consistently pulls off worldies. Saturday is must win territory now.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 21:49:19 »

Is Tim Brooke-Taylor going to make it as a FB?
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 21:49:37 »

Our play is miles off but you can tell we have some good players. Which points to tactics. They looked completely clueless at times in the first half. Our current playing style is best described as "go out there and improvise".

Second half we seemed to take the shackles off a bit and upped the intensity which made us flow a lot better without really creating much.

Hutton is poor defensively which is a concern now we are using a back four system. FBT showed signs of proving a more than competent full back second half.

McDonald looked like the novice centre half and Clayton the one with bundles of football league experience at a higher level. Though Angus did improve second half and made a very important interception.

The midfield doesn't work in it's current set up. One needs to be a number 10 and support the striker (Gladwin/Darcy/Williams). One needs to shield the defence (Reed) and one needs to be box to box (Khan). At the moment the shape is too flat, it lacks options with the ball and is way too easy to run through.

Wakeling and McKirdy would be my preferred two wingers. Both have the ability to make things happen.

The striker needs to be able to hold the ball up. It won't be Wakeling and if Adeloye isn't good enough we need to clearly get another in ASAP.

Some promising signs and plenty of worrying ones. Need that first win Saturday. Lindsey needs it more than anyone. Very bitchy Town End from the moment they equalised. Forgot how shit it is in that stand a lot of the time.

Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 22:19:48 »

Sums up the way I felt walking out tonight. But that demonstrates how far expectations have fallen.

Positives: Brynn. Clayton. FBT’s second half. MacDonald in the air. Gladwin is more mobile. Wakeling’s work rate. Khan and his go go gadget legs. McKirdy’s spark.

Negatives: The absence of any identifiable plan. It’s really basic stuff at times. It undersells many of these players, which in turn undermines the model the club supposedly has of develop, sell on, invest. Lindsey & Co appear to have successfully turned the league’s best midfielder into a Matt Hewlett clone, when our whole game plan should be built around him. On that basis, if we can get the right coaching team in before too long, we may just find there’s more to come from some of the supposed duds as well and we could have a meaningful season. I just don’t think this is the job for him.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 22:22:05 by Frigby Daser » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: