Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Leyton Orient pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 20065 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 20:57:42 »

Well what a transformation from Blake-Tracy who,for me,went from hopeless to being probably our best player in second half.

Yeah he made some good tackles second half. Didn't include him in my positives simply because he was atrocious in the first half. Hopefully its just a case of bedding in and he's another area we can see the major improvement we need.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 21:05:09 »

The fan comment on the radio made me laugh. Something about us having “no plan B”. Not seen any obvious plan A yet!

Cheesy  Grin
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 21:05:55 »

Don’t see the point of Shade and Adeloye yet, could just be that they are a bit shit, though still early days.

That definitely appears to be the case.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 21:05:59 »

Hutton. I don't really class that as a "long throw". Barely reached the 6 yard box

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 21:06:42 »

That definitely appears to be the case.

Bigger stronger squad😀

So, give no fucks
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 21:07:36 »

I don’t think you watched any matches under Sheridan clearly. We playe some intelligent long balls today which caused problems. Under Sheridan it was completely different, aimless balls forward to a stranded and immobile Pittman. We were okay today. Rode our luck at times but we tried to win the game, we scored against a team with 9 points out of 9 who hadn’t conceded and we looked more likely to grab a winner. Salford are also top now and Harrogate are 9th so if the table is anything to go by then we haven’t had an easy start to the season.  Brynn was great and Reed seemed better. Khan, Clayton and Wakeling looked like they have something. A win against Rochdale is a must but would hopefully make some people chill the fuck out.

Calm down - I did not say not as bad as Sheridan.  It's not just me, both commentators today mentioned we don't really seem to have any patterns of play.  They did point out our one threat looked to be balls into the channels, and this is why I suggested we try Adeloye in the middle to occupy the central defenders and Mckirdy/Wakeling either side, as both have good legs (ooh er).

Table means jack shit right now - it's about judging what you see.  What I see is a team that could have lost all four games, quite easily, bar some terrible finishing and good keeping.

There is enough to work with at this level though - but that doesn't stop me from saying it looks pretty poor thus far and a big disappointment considering what we should expect for our club.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 21:08:24 »

Trusted posters on here saying most of our signings look poor which has to be a worry.

Trusted posters on here saying most of our players from last season look poor which has to be a worry.

What makes a trusted poster btw?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 21:08:29 »

Trusted posters on here saying most of our signings look poor which has to be a worry.

Not Wakeling, Darcy, Clayton and Khan. They've not all been complete duds.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 21:10:09 »

The question is do the others make us a stronger squad than last which is what we were promised.

So, give no fucks
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 21:12:26 »

Wakeling looks good, could easily be as much of an impact in this Division over a season as a Barry type of player.

Darcy - one good game, he was OK tonight without really making an imprint.

Clayton - seems composed, doesn't get beat when it's a straight up one on one challenge.

Khan - there is something there, a better Linganzi type of player.  I'd be working on making him the midfield water carrier.

Brynn - solid with potential, no worries in goal this season

Not sure anyone else has earned a mention as yet, for the new guard.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 21:14:23 »

Oh and Brynn, of course. Tonights MOM.

The rest just look pretty wank at best.
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 21:15:30 »

Let's be honest , that was a shite game played by 2 shite teams

We have no midfield, Orient were just walking through most of the time
We are back in the old groove of passing backwards all the time, even when we are in attacking positions
We are far too slow, second the every ball
What the fuck were the fullbacks doing? Hutton as a right back spent most of the time nearer the left back position leaving his winger with miles of space

Don't even start on the attacking 3rd....Wakeling ran a lot but not got enough ball

A season of real struggle rather than promotion is on the cards...
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 21:16:59 »

What was wrong with Orient? I thought they looked pretty good by L2 standards.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 21:19:49 »

The question is do the others make us a stronger squad than last which is what we were promised.

We're objectively a lot weaker than last season. I'd struggle to see how even the happiest of happy clapper could argue against that.

The 5 signings that look good aren't going to be enough for a decent season when most of the bad ones are defenders.

I also didn't mention MacDonald who should be a class player for this season but has started slow.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 21:20:36 »

Assuming we don't sign anyone before the weekend, I'd be inclined to try:

Brynn - GK
A name pulled out of the hat (Hutton) - RB
MacDonald - CB
Baudry - CB
Blake-Tracy - LB
Clayton - DM
Khan - CM
Darcy - CM
Wakeling - LW/RW
McKirdy - LW/RW
Adeloye

On the last one, if he is actually shit, maybe try Gladwin, as much as I don't want to type that.  It's clear his real impact to this team is getting the ball near the box.

Forget about passing it around at the back - quick balls forward either through the middle with Adeloye back to goal to help, or down the channel to one of the wide players to do their thing.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: