Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Leyton Orient pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 20043 times)
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 20:38:07 »

If they were away games I would agree but nothing inspiring drawing both in consecutive home games.
Yep, I’m clutching at straws to be honest…
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 20:39:09 »

Yep, I’m clutching at straws to be honest…

That's all we have at the moment. Last season we were spoilt😀

So, give no fucks
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 20:39:51 »

Just seen it says kiosks were card only, I paid cash  Huh?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 20:40:29 »

Someone got a tip tonight then.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 20:40:59 »

She did, went straight in the pinny.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 20:41:13 »

without being able to go or watch. I gather Reed played like this seasons Reed again. do we persevere or cash in? I would be tempted to give Ricky a go instead of him. he picked up some really good form at times last season and would rather something fresh then a Reed, gladwin, Williams if they are not on song.

o and can we all agree that brynn is a bfg yet?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 20:42:08 »

Rolling back the years when dodgy turstiles weren't clicking😀

So, give no fucks
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 20:43:31 »

without being able to go or watch. I gather Reed played like this seasons Reed again. do we persevere or cash in? I would be tempted to give Ricky a go instead of him. he picked up some really good form at times last season and would rather something fresh then a Reed, gladwin, Williams if they are not on song.

o and can we all agree that brynn is a bfg yet?

We are not using Reed in the same way, so he looks completely lost - like someone without a purpose.  given how porous it makes us look, I'd prefer to give Clayton a go in the holding role.

Brynn has decent presence,  but not BFG type.  He is a good keeper in the making though.
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 20:46:18 »

That's all we have at the moment. Last season we were spoilt😀

I’ll add unbeaten at home then!!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 20:48:34 »

I’ll add unbeaten at home then!!

No away wins!

So, give no fucks
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 20:52:06 »

Negatives:

Further improvements going forward from Saturday. Early games we didn't look much of a threat, but we seem to get better there every game. I see real potential in having Wakeling and McKirdy wide strikers between a decent central striker if we can get one.

Still a defensive shambles first half. Unorganised bad of shite. Not sure how else to put it. Totally unacceptable.

Clearly most of our new defensive signings aren't up to it. Hutton appears completely out of his depth, as well as a few of the other defensive signings not playing today. We don't have the money or the budget to sack then off Di Canio style and start again, so we're stuck with with trying to get the best out of signings that Sandro and Lindsey have cocked up on.

If we persist defending like we have most of this season and we did this first half, we're going to need to score 4 a game to make up for it.

Five games without a win, no matter how you want to spin it.

Positives:

Brynn looks a more than capable keeper after holding my breath a little worried what we'd signed on first glimpses of him. Really good game today. Should have probably given him more of a benefit of doubt considering the back line that has been in front of him so far.

Clayton looks a good player and I think must start going forward. I think there is real potential for him and MacDonald to forge a partnership that over time, might make our defence less shamblesey as the season wears on, if only we can sort the full backs out.

Looked more controlled and composed second half. Why the sudden change? Did LO lose their attacking edge or was there something I'm missing causing the very different half defensive wise?

McKirdy lively again and showing signs last seasons player is there.

Still not seeing enough of Darcy but there looks to be a real player in there who can contribute this season. Didn't think Gladwin done badly today but I struggle to see how he starts over Darcy on merit. Give the man some minutes.

Overall despite some positives emerging, I think a top 7 this season is unlikely due to the defensive problems and our lack of budget to replace the cock up signings and that ultimately means failure in my eyes and going backwards. I said I can see potential for a decent CB partnership there but if we get injuries it'll cost us due to the players coming in and even the starting full back players are still too weak.

I don't quite feel like the sky is falling in anymore but still major improvements need to continue to even achieve top half, which is still pretty depressing.
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 20:52:55 »

No away wins!

3 league games unbeaten.
Come on, I’m trying my best here!
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 20:53:55 »

I think much of the first half analysis stands the test of time.

We look almost as clueless as under Sheridan right now - it's old skool paint by numbers stuff.  Throw a bunch of players out in some positions and hope for the best.  There is a hangover from last season and some Academy training I guess which makes it a bit less farcical than under Sheridan, but there is no purpose to the way we play and a right old bag of shit defending at times.

Lets be honest, we are lucky to have not lost all four games in the league thus far.

If you can take a positive or two - we have some talent with the ball at feet when we get possession further forward and we have a decent keeper.

It's not looking great.  At the individual level we are not 100 miles behind everyone else, so at least we are not being blown away.

I don’t think you watched any matches under Sheridan clearly. We playe some intelligent long balls today which caused problems. Under Sheridan it was completely different, aimless balls forward to a stranded and immobile Pittman. We were okay today. Rode our luck at times but we tried to win the game, we scored against a team with 9 points out of 9 who hadn’t conceded and we looked more likely to grab a winner. Salford are also top now and Harrogate are 9th so if the table is anything to go by then we haven’t had an easy start to the season.  Brynn was great and Reed seemed better. Khan, Clayton and Wakeling looked like they have something. A win against Rochdale is a must but would hopefully make some people chill the fuck out.
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 20:54:03 »

The fan comment on the radio made me laugh. Something about us having “no plan B”. Not seen any obvious plan A yet!

Brynn was good throughout. Firmly no. 1 you would think, I assume no pre-match abuse today!

The defence we ended the game with should start on Sat, including the 2nd half version of FBT, (the 1st half version was dog shit and is not welcome again). Clayton inspires some confidence I thought. MacDonald looks unfit, but must be better than he has shown us so far. Hutton looks exceedingly league 2, but literally no alternative.

Midfield doesn’t really work, Gladwin and Williams just will not be be able to put in the miles, so we cannot afford both on the pitch for 60mins plus I don’t think. Darcy looks to have something, so deserves a start. Khan looks okay, and I think getting better. Reed has been swamped by the opposition every game I have seen so far, those around him need to bit a bit more savvy in helping out him and the backline in and out of possession. His confidence looks to have taken a big hit. Still hold the opinion that he is class for this division, and is just performing well below his level at present.

Wakeling and McKirdy as wide forwards either side of someone to hold it up in the 9 position will be more than good enough to challenge at the right end in this division forwards wise.

Don’t see the point of Shade and Adeloye yet, could just be that they are a bit shit, though still early days.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 20:56:28 »

Trusted posters on here saying most of our signings look poor which has to be a worry.

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: