Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 ... 66   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vile v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 60806 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #840 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 11:28:00 »

Here we go, another load of posts from keyboard warriors who have never done the job or wouldn't even entertain the thought of trying.

Yes, I am an ex cop- 26+ years and proud of it. Got the scars and hospital record to prove it.

Everyone has an opinion on what the police do wrong and, you know what, sometimes they're right BUT the internet is absolutely swamped with shit from folk responding to things they see with less than half the story. There are far mor cops out there doing the right thing than the opposite but fuck it- they're the easy target.

I could go on but, to be honest, I am getting sick and tired of all the shit aimed at my former colleagues so bollocks to it all.
The police said before the game this was going to happen, I even posted on here before the fans about them saying that so why not try and do something about it. Shrugging shoulders and just letting it happen is indefensible and ultimately they allowed the switch of away ends which compounded the problem. Sometimes the police fully deserve criticism and this one of those occasions!
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #841 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 11:31:44 »

Here we go, another load of posts from keyboard warriors who have never done the job or wouldn't even entertain the thought of trying.

Yes, I am an ex cop- 26+ years and proud of it. Got the scars and hospital record to prove it.

Everyone has an opinion on what the police do wrong and, you know what, sometimes they're right BUT the internet is absolutely swamped with shit from folk responding to things they see with less than half the story. There are far mor cops out there doing the right thing than the opposite but fuck it- they're the easy target.

I could go on but, to be honest, I am getting sick and tired of all the shit aimed at my former colleagues so bollocks to it all.

Fuck tha pooliceeee

Nonces roaming free and they'll target a few lads at football
Ides of March

Ignore
« Reply #842 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 11:32:19 »

Tough night that (obviously). Probably one of our poorest showings of the season, with Barry and McKirdy both struggling to get in the game. Thought the defence was excellent, but we did not create anywhere near the amount of chances we’ve been creating all season.

Gutting way to lose, but for once, there’s an overwhelming feeling of this being the start of a special journey, rather than the end of a short-term buzz. The mechanisms are there now, and with a few more additions (namely a striker, winger and wing-back) we can compete for top 3 more consistently than we have this season.

Gutted? Yes. Excited for the future? Absolutely. Will this post look silly when we’re 15th by March next season? Probably.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #843 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 11:32:55 »

No criticism of the police from me, they have a tough job. I will say this though, I remember when police would use truncheons and a chomping dog, don't ever see that these days.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #844 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 11:34:10 »

Nonces roaming free…. Police force fulla wronguns abusing women anyway and keeping it hush…. no wonder fuzzy doesn’t think protecting kids and women should be first point of call.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #845 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 11:35:25 »

Blink
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #846 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 11:35:55 »

https://twitter.com/sunsport/status/1527447723951153156?s=21&t=Sob1oy7aWiZ3lsyfGVcOpw

The scum inaccurately reporting surprise surprise
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #847 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 11:38:40 »

The police said before the game this was going to happen, I even posted on here before the fans about them saying that so why not try and do something about it. Shrugging shoulders and just letting it happen is indefensible and ultimately they allowed the switch of away ends which compounded the problem. Sometimes the police fully deserve criticism and this one of those occasions!

They was laughing at it all mate. Smoke bomb hit someone in face and they shrugged, saw the guy that lobbed and did fuck all about it. They didn’t give a fuck.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #848 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 11:40:25 »

mentioning nonces in direct relation to policing football is a bit weird. that's no correlation. Knowing someone who worked in that area of policing, they are so under resourced the amount of time available on each case is depressing.

I'm not actually sure what the police can do, yet something more needs to be done. it happened at so many grounds this year where what should be  celebration turned into something else.

that pitch needed a line to clear then back though. and a presence on players. things could have been very ugly indeed
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #849 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 11:40:39 »

Well that explains it. Had to be an ex copper to defend that.

The George Floyd incident proved people will be defend the police no matter what they do, even cold blooded murder. Seeing as this is a drop in the ocean compared to that I'm not entirely sure why I'm surprised.

Do you honestly feel that you need to have worked in the force to understand that filming victims reactions is not the right call in that situation? That's filled our quota of 85% bollocks for a good year.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #850 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 11:43:58 »

mentioning nonces in direct relation to policing football is a bit weird. that's no correlation. Knowing someone who worked in that area of policing, they are so under resourced the amount of time available on each case is depressing.

I'm not actually sure what the police can do, yet something more needs to be done. it happened at so many grounds this year where what should be  celebration turned into something else.

that pitch needed a line to clear then back though. and a presence on players. things could have been very ugly indeed

Felt I had to mention after one disagreed with the fact that women and kids shouldn’t be first priority to protect in a stadium fulla coked up blokes.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #851 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 11:52:46 »

Fuck me

RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #852 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 12:03:20 »

Haven't read back yet so sorry if I'm repeating but it was so easy to protect the players last night! They're in two areas of the pitch! Plan in advance for it! A group of stewards from the tunnel to the centre circle and a group from behind the goal to protect the penalty taker!!

Those ideas look like a great starting point.  Whether we have experience of policing football or not.

The downsides of totally preventing mass pitch invasions, whether through high fences or massive police presence, is for now unacceptable.  Money talks.

However, if you're pocketing £1/4 m. laying on an event, it should be a MINIMUM quid pro quo, that the officials, players and coaches putting on the show are secure from physical assault by the punters.  I would attribute that duty to PV last night.  The Police (and the EFL) also have input into the arrangements, even against the wishes of PV, so they share that duty too.

That duty was not fulfilled.  Before long, we'll be having an independent inquiry if the protagonists do not sort out their own shit.
HeatonRed

Ignore
« Reply #853 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 12:04:29 »

Feel a bit emotional this morning. Trying to suppress anger & hate for the scum that thinks its ok to take a free hit at players, for PV in the ticket shenanigans, the vitriolic build-up. Feels like a Gillingham style rivalry just been created.
Couldnt get a ticket, but it was great to hear Town fans loud & proud almost all game (nice rendition of Sit Down in Your Empty Seats).
Defeat I can take - it wasnt the worst performance of the seaon - Barrow and Tranmere were awful. Just didnt do enough onthe night & couldnt handle the initial 20 mins onslaught. Feel sorry for Iandolo, MoM for me, tired to make something happen, making the most of his ability. Its been well documented our lack of bite, too many "nice" footballers. Looking at the playoffs in general, the refs bottled every big decision (Huddefield - Toffolo pen; Northampton pen & Mansfield should have had atleast 1 red) and given no protection to players - probably a directive to let the game flow. So benefitting the more phyiscal sides ie PV. Cant blame Garner for changing tactics and going long to avoid the PV press and midfield assault by their cloggers, but we're not really geared up for long ball to Davison (Davison control and no one running off him). PV tactics & lack of ref protection got to us before the game even started.
Losing on Pens is Swindon (1 from 8 shootouts?). Atleast it wasnt as bad as Barnet.

Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #854 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 12:07:43 »

Maybe the responsibility should be taken away from the clubs in terms of policing and the EFL should fork out for necessary protection. EFL supposedly takes 50% from these games so they're hardly scraping the barrell.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 ... 66   Go Up
Print
Jump to: