Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 ... 66   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vile v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 60806 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #810 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 09:56:54 »

even the most braindead of fans wouldn't attack one of their own players to get a rival to have to play a game behind closed doors!

I admire your optimism Smiley

Nah, you are right. Punishments must be more severe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #811 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 10:00:52 »

The pitch invasion discussion is an interesting one and I think it's nigh on impossible to stop fans running onto the pitch especially in big games.

Not advocating it in the slightest, but there is one easy solution which they introduced in the 70's and 80's and I can see being pushed for again if this keeps happening.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #812 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 10:01:44 »

Not advocating it in the slightest, but there is one easy solution which they introduced in the 70's and 80's and I can see being pushed for again if this keeps happening.

Absolutely and definitely not.

There's a reason they came down and that should never be forgotten
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #813 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 10:02:14 »

When was the last time you policed a pitch invasion?

The job the Wilts Police had to do last night was impossible. Nowhere near enough officers to make even a slight difference.

Enough police to stop invasions like last night will cost the club a fortune. They can't afford it so won't pay for it. The police won't do it for free because, if they do, moany cunts will complain about the increase in the police precept on their council tax.

200 officers in the ground might have made a difference but where do you get them from? Overtime or take them away from other duties and let the scum not at the football run free?

if the police line was moved back 10+ meters then that would have prevented/limited the sheer amount of missiles thrown on to us fans. a couple of police dogs behind the line- easy.

the bloke that threw the metal flare cage into the crowd hitting someone on the head happened right in front of a police officer- she spoke to him and then he wondered off.

you cant just say its impossible so let it happen. find a solution. if your going to let the fans go on the pitch- prioritise the players and surround them quickly- and protect the away fans. they had police and stewards on every side of the stadium watching.  

the police side of things from the stand to the car park was brilliant- all segregated and left with no problems.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #814 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 10:04:32 »

Precisely, but again only playing devils advocate but a fundamental part of the problem would not exist with no standing.

Fuck knows what will happen but fans are making it fucking easy for the powers to be to advocate treating them like cattle again!
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #815 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 10:05:22 »

Technology moves on, if they can make them automatically collapsible in the even of an emergency I wouldn’t be surprised, or some sort of netting system.

Safe standing is going to fall by the wayside now as well.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #816 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 10:11:44 »

if the police line was moved back 10+ meters then that would have prevented/limited the sheer amount of missiles thrown on to us fans. a couple of police dogs behind the line- easy.

the bloke that threw the metal flare cage into the crowd hitting someone on the head happened right in front of a police officer- she spoke to him and then he wondered off.

you cant just say its impossible so let it happen. find a solution. if your going to let the fans go on the pitch- prioritise the players and surround them quickly- and protect the away fans. they had police and stewards on every side of the stadium watching. 

the police side of things from the stand to the car park was brilliant- all segregated and left with no problems.

An alternative view is that football fans could just act like grown up human beings, I see some of our fans are now playing bobby big bollocks on social media suggesting revenge next time Vale come to town.....
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #817 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 10:19:50 »

An alternative view is that football fans could just act like grown up human beings, I see some of our fans are now playing bobby big bollocks on social media suggesting revenge next time Vale come to town.....

Maybe 4D has arranged something after all.  Hmmm

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #818 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 10:22:44 »

Not me. Too old, and I'm a pacifist  Smiley
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #819 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 10:23:33 »

yes lets not police anything and just hope people behave. its an alternative view which offers no solution or prevention.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #820 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 10:24:45 »

Put a moat around the pitch
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #821 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 10:28:00 »

Also worth mentioning that pretty much all clubs in Italy for example have Perspex screens or fences, similarly in Germany so if this carries on I don’t see an event that happened over 3 decades ago stopping their introduction. I’d say supporters are treading a very thin line at the moment.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #822 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 10:28:48 »

Some good news from last night....

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/stoke-on-trent-news/action-taken-port-vale-police-7105542
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #823 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 10:37:00 »

In theory...I would doubt that they will get anyone.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
stfc11

Ignore
« Reply #824 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 10:39:26 »

Haven't read back yet so sorry if I'm repeating but it was so easy to protect the players last night! They're in two areas of the pitch! Plan in advance for it! A group of stewards from the tunnel to the centre circle and a group from behind the goal to protect the penalty taker!!
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 ... 66   Go Up
Print
Jump to: