Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 ... 66   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vile v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 60796 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #750 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 01:08:53 »

Not long got back.

Fuck the game, mostly just disgusted by Swindon police. When players are being attacked and families are being pelted with all sorts of stuff and your immediate thought is to make sure you get good footage of the Swindon fans reacting so you can prosecute them, you're an absolute disgrace.

You cannot possibly wonder why people have no respect for you. Do your job and protect people instead of ensuring you can make enough pointless arrests to tick enough boxes to justify your jobs.

If you can't protect kids and families when the shit hits the fan, then why on earth did you join the force in the first place you fucking spineless cunts?

Rant over.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #751 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 02:16:39 »

He’s so shit and no amount of effort will convince me otherwise. We can’t possibly even be contemplating spending money on him.

Shit is probably going a bit ott but having him as our only out & out striker over the last 2 games has done us no favours.

The endeavour is there and his record with us suggests there is something there in front of goal but he is also useless playing 25 yards out with his back to goal - something we’ve kept asking him to do (way too often) over the two legs. Nothing sticks and the ball comes right back at us. He can’t seem to win free kicks either (which is not personally his fault) but gets constantly man handled yet the second he gives as good as he gets he gives away a foul.

Of course under different circumstances you’d hope to have more than one striker - so when Davison isn’t in the game we can switch it up.

I have no idea if Williams could have continued but I’d have considered taking Davison off and putting Gladwin up top. No mobility at all but better ability to get hold of the ball. Would have also bought on AK for Barry and put him at LB and move Iandolo further forward just to see if we could get any joy with him in an attacking position.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #752 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 02:18:47 »

The 2 minnow clubs in the final. Shame. Wembley might see a 20k final.

You’re literally the only one gives a fuck about this.
Who cares who takes what to Wembley.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #753 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 06:02:25 »

He’s so shit and no amount of effort will convince me otherwise. We can’t possibly even be contemplating spending money on him.

Sorry but that ball that Conroy slid in for him 2nd half of extra time, how did he not get a shot away or at least get his body in the way to get fouled? We could do so much better than him
Lemis

Ignore
« Reply #754 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 06:05:43 »

Still no statement as of yet from Vale condemning the behaviour of the fans who attacked our players or the ones that threw things at the away end. Embarrassing

Have you seen the writing on the wall?
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #755 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 06:13:53 »

Sorry but that ball that Conroy slid in for him 2nd half of extra time, how did he not get a shot away or at least get his body in the way to get fouled? We could do so much better than him

Didn't do a thing right over the two legs being honest.
doomster

Ignore
« Reply #756 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 06:21:05 »

So annoyed by that offside.  On occasion you can forgive a linesman when the play is fast and they cannot keep up.  It was so obviously offside yet the official misses what is right in front of him.  Then you realise the guy has fuck all experience and lives just up the road in Sutton-in-Ashfield.  The football league really should be treating a game of this importance with some more experienced officials it’s not the time to be picking someone the nod who’s done less than ten games.

https://uk.soccerway.com/referees/hristo-karaivanov/468454/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6534059/Linesman-wore-dress-shoes-not-face-action-governing-bodies.html

One of those 7 he didn’t even remember his bloody boots.  The football league is just such a tinpot setup

« Last Edit: Friday, May 20, 2022, 06:28:35 by doomster » Logged
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #757 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 06:34:14 »

Not the right time to be over critical of some of the performances last night.
Penalty shoot out in the bag, we blew it Swindon style.

Absolutely gutted and wiped out.

Fans magnificent and give me the hope to carry on.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #758 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 06:48:21 »

I take my comments on pitch invasions back.

it seems a new mentality has surfaced. see Everton and of course Vale last night.

'we' can't behave, we can't have them

but how to you (police) stop them?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #759 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 06:49:28 »

@doomster, there is a suggestion Sky showed Egbo's leg playing him on. Can't say I see it in that pic, but there you go
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #760 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 06:55:39 »

Fine margins. Maybe a game too far for a small squad.
Missing the chance to go 3 up in the first leg was key.
Should have seen out the pens.

Gutted but proud, it's been an enjoyable season particularly on the travels.
It's never easy to push on after losing out in the play offs.
Should be an interesting summer.

Managed to dodge the incoming bottles. Some were not so lucky.
Vale fans appear to be a particularly classless bunch, to put it mildly.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #761 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 06:57:17 »

Ok I know I said see you next season but that wasn’t because I wouldn’t post anything, sorry to disappoint.

So, last nights game. Even if the general consensus is that we were somewhere between crap and not good enough there needs to be some chilled out perspective.

In the cold light of the day after the night before my thoughts are i’m really disappointed, no doubt about that. Which in of itself is testament to how well the players and the playing management have done and what they have achieved. Clearly last night was a bridge to far and we stumbled a few yards from the finishing line allowing a team who were physically stronger to pip us at the post.

Good luck to the Stags, hope you smash them at Wembley.

It seems harsh to criticise any individual player for what they did or didn’t do during the game as the previous 46 during the season would have shown us their strengths and weakness’s. It was obvious they again allowed themselves to be bullied by a physically stronger team, not the first time this season is it? So a technically superior and skilful team has been roughed up and beaten. Not the first time and won’t be the last. They did their best last night, wasn’t good enough, simples.

Looking back over this BLOODY AMAZING season we ALL should be so proud of the club both on and off the pitch and proud of ourselves as fans. Realistically if the season was a marathon race we started it five miles behind everyone else, nearly caught them up but ultimately as said fell short.

The whole club will have learnt an immense amount from Aberdeen down to the kit man. As someone said, now is the time to show the fans your intent Clem et al. We’ve backed them to the hilt home and away so carry on the upward trajectory we clearly have and the future is bright and red & white.

Come the KO to the new season we will have put this behind us as the team, well those who stay must and will do I’m sure.
« Last Edit: Friday, May 20, 2022, 07:01:59 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #762 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 06:59:33 »

@doomster, there is a suggestion Sky showed Egbo's leg playing him on. Can't say I see it in that pic, but there you go

And you’d expect a div 2 Lino to spot that? It was onside on that VAR inspired bit of photography the game didn’t have VAR did it. If it had we’d have had a penalty just before completely altering the course of the game.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #763 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 07:00:22 »

Fucking vermin scum! A large number of their fans didn’t give a shit about their own team and was more interested in running straight for the away end, full bottles, pyro, coins you name it being launched in to the away end, saw elderly and kids being hit. Fucking scum. Even before the game I feared for our players on the pitch had it been invaded. Vale show their true colours, can not wait to play them next season.
Port Vile

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #764 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 07:03:40 »

I take my comments on pitch invasions back.

it seems a new mentality has surfaced. see Everton and of course Vale last night.

'we' can't behave, we can't have them

but how to you (police) stop them?
The way it's going I can see arguments emerging for fencing going back up and knocking safe standing on the head.

I see Accy's chairman has been tweeting on the matter.

Sent from my SM-A125F
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 ... 66   Go Up
Print
Jump to: