Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 42   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Exeter pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 35481 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #525 on: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 16:49:52 »

Ooh, feeling a bit bitchy today 4D?

Nah, post something to lighten the crap result and just get derisory comments from smart arses. Should know better really.  Smiley
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #526 on: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 16:50:32 »

Crying Crying Crying

The man was mean on the internet.

Don't flatter yourself
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #527 on: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 16:52:53 »

Huh?

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #528 on: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 17:05:19 »

Lyden out for 8 weeks.

Is this True, or a Tailsmedia wind up?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #529 on: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 18:08:46 »

Lyden out for 8 weeks.

Sadly injuries follow him.
A decent player but struggles to play a decent run of games.

Hoping 2 to 3 weeks.
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 18:12:47 by TheDukeOfBanbury » Logged
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #530 on: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 18:12:16 »

Not great news if true

Nothing to see here
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #531 on: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 18:17:41 »

Quote from: TheDukeOfBanbury

Hoping 2 to 3 weeks.

fingers crossed.

does seem a bit early for a diagnosis thinking about it. let things settle down for a couple of days and assess its the norm
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #532 on: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 18:43:58 »

God help anyone who thinks the best way to close a game out is a midfield 2 of Gladwin and Iandolo..

For all Chorley's excellent recruitment from scratch, only having one striker in the squad who can win a header is an absolute stinker.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #533 on: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 20:02:34 »

God help anyone who thinks the best way to close a game out is a midfield 2 of Gladwin and Iandolo..

For all Chorley's excellent recruitment from scratch, only having one striker in the squad who can win a header is an absolute stinker.

Not sure this is a Chorley thing

Garner did the same thing at rovers
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #534 on: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 21:25:49 »

We can only sign those players who are available and whose wages (or our contribution to them if on loan) can be met within the terms of the embargo, and who want to come to Swindon rather than to anyone else who is chasing them.
It also seems that Chorley has targets identified who would fit the game plan and who we really want which makes sense.

Recent weeks have been difficult - Payne has been missed, KKH’s recall has reduced the attacking threat his pace brought, Simpson’s recall was critical, not least because Davison appears currently only to be able to last about 70 mins. The need to sub Davison and  Lyden’s injury changed the game yesterday - and with Reed suspended the options were reduced. After Iandolo replaced Lyden, I was surprised East didn’t come on for Williams after 70 or so minutes.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #535 on: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 23:36:56 »

If Garner really wanted to try and shut up shop, especially when Lyden went off, he could have brought on Baudry and moved Odimayo into midfield. He could also have brought on East instead of Barry to attempt to pack the midfield and shithouse the final 15 minutes. It’s called being pragmatic.

Neither replacements would have entered Garner’s head.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #536 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 08:37:59 »

I know people are saying how we are lucky to be where we are considering pre season etc, and we are using this season as a catalyst for next season. I can't help feeling we are throwing away an opportunity this season. It's not a great league is it? I see this season as likely to turn out a missed opportunity as we seem incapable of turning around our home form. That's a big shame.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #537 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 08:53:31 »

If we don’t go up this season - it’s likely we lose JoJo, Payne, Reed and Williams on top of the loan players we currently have. Add to that an injury prone Conroy and Lyden - and it’s almost another complete rebuild.
We can’t keep doing that every pre season if we want to progress.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #538 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 08:58:20 »

I know people are saying how we are lucky to be where we are considering pre season etc, and we are using this season as a catalyst for next season. I can't help feeling we are throwing away an opportunity this season. It's not a great league is it? I see this season as likely to turn out a missed opportunity as we seem incapable of turning around our home form. That's a big shame.

This is it for me. Missed opportunity on the pitch and off it. We got a “new ownership bounce”. We didn’t need to go up to build on it necessarily, we just need to play entertaining football to get the home crowd on board (and to retain season tickets) and keep some of the core of the squad. I struggle to find an excuse for the football we play. It’s sedated the crowd.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #539 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 09:05:53 »

I do think we have to be realistic regarding how good we think some of these players actually are as well. There is a reason they are here at a club with one of the lowest wage bills in the league due to embargo.

Don't get me wrong i get annoyed at these tactics and the subs really piss me off at times  but with what we have i kind of accept that this season. What worries me more is when we are 1 up with 10 left our keeper is trying to launch quick counter attacks or we are taking quick throw ins and free kicks. That is awful game management and unforgivable at any level
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 42   Go Up
Print
Jump to: