Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 42   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Exeter pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 35477 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Friday, February 4, 2022, 10:14:40 »

Kids and I going to the game for a change. Nice to have the ability to go without any birthday parties/football tournaments/days out..

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Friday, February 4, 2022, 10:26:54 »

It's a great turn out considering they only average around 5500 for home games

I wish it was 5500 ! Your average home attendance wouldn't even fit into our ground, so it's a grand day out for us. You might be forgiven for thinking it our 'cup final' but Rovers away at the end of this month has already sold out.  Cheesy

Almost a full squad, new loanee striker itching to fly out of the blocks, even the skipper has had a new haircut. We're hot on your heels with a game in hand, should be a cracker. Unfortunately, I share the pessimism on this thread, it must be the Wiltshire air !!
Crackity Jones

« Reply #77 on: Friday, February 4, 2022, 10:29:51 »

Need to get the wind tunnel switched on for this.  Given our shit home form I can only assume it's one of the things left to fix on Clem's snag list.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #78 on: Friday, February 4, 2022, 10:34:16 »

I share the pessimism on this thread, it must be the Wiltshire air !!
Nope its pessimistic air down on the North Devon border too!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Friday, February 4, 2022, 10:37:02 »

Need to get the wind tunnel switched on for this. 

Careful what you wish for. Lewis Ward was our 'keeper on that day, a calamity, he don't like the wind !
Peter Venkman

« Reply #80 on: Friday, February 4, 2022, 10:41:34 »

Careful what you wish for. Lewis Ward was our 'keeper on that day, a calamity, he don't like the wind !
Its ok barring injury to Jojo he wont be starting for us. Hi kicking is at times utterly woeful.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #81 on: Friday, February 4, 2022, 10:54:48 »

I see your mates on the Exeweb are very confident with pretty much every poster suggesting an Etc win.

Can't see Swindon scoring as our defence is sound so, for me, it's a matter of if we can get on the scoresheet. 2-0 City. KP with both.

The County Ground had being a fairly good hunting ground for us over the last few decades not too many defeats there

3-1 Exeter goals from Phillips Jay and Nombe

This one concerns me. Kieran Phillips has to hit the ground running, hold the ball up and allow us to keep Swindon at bay or I fear that with the support if a big crowd behind they will overrun us.

Never underestimate the effect of travelling Grecians - especially if the pubs are open

Big home crowd could work against them if they're losing or not playing well. Added pressure, plus the fact a couple of thousand grecians will be out singing them anyway. The crowd won't effect the result either way.

Shoot the Swindon, shoot the Swindon, shoot shoot shoot

Think we'll win this, Swindon are no great shakes, lost a good striker and not that impressed with his replacement. They will expect to win and come at us and we can exploit gaps at the back, just the sort of game that we do well in.

And finally you guys are STILL bitter about us beating you in windy conditions?
With no roof on the Stratton End and a brisk sou’westerly forecast that’s quite optimistic ! They designed it like that on purpose, I reckon. Last time ? it was blowing a hoolie.

Yes back in 1896 the club had a meeting and decided...do you know what will fuck up Exeter in 120 years time? if we align the County Ground pitch so the wind blows from one end to the other.

Lets play the long game with them, lets say 100 years? no lets give it that extra 20 just to make sure....

Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Friday, February 4, 2022, 10:57:53 »

Its ok barring injury to Jojo he wont be starting for us. Hi kicking is at times utterly woeful.

Darn, was hoping Jojo was Senegalese. Yes, it's not the best.
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Friday, February 4, 2022, 11:08:47 »

I see your mates on the Exeweb are very confident with pretty much every poster suggesting an Etc win.

And finally you guys are STILL bitter about us beating you in windy conditions?

Misplaced, PV. The form book is not always a good guide, and why I'm pessimistic. Your home form is temporary.

Misreading, PV. No bitterness at all, most of it is tongue in cheek stuff.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Friday, February 4, 2022, 11:49:21 »

Davidson in with a chance tomorrow. Odimayo was slightly injured for Crawley but is OK now. Baudry is fine. Payne training but a game too soon.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Friday, February 4, 2022, 11:52:20 »

Davidson in with a chance tomorrow. Odimayo was slightly injured for Crawley but is OK now. Baudry is fine. Payne training but a game too soon.

Cheers, from the presser I assume
Crackity Jones

« Reply #86 on: Friday, February 4, 2022, 12:08:46 »

It won't be a problem. As part of the plan PV mentioned, all players that join Swindon undergo intensive training in a wind tunnel to ensure they are equipped to cope with the harsh conditions at the County Ground
Peter Venkman

« Reply #87 on: Friday, February 4, 2022, 12:12:34 »

It won't be a problem. As part of the plan PV mentioned, all players that join Swindon undergo intensive training in a wind tunnel to ensure they are equipped to cope with the harsh conditions at the County Ground
Swindon player medical....

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Friday, February 4, 2022, 12:14:17 »

Ooh, 20mph winds at 3pm tomorrow. Good news. Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Friday, February 4, 2022, 12:17:04 »

I hear McLaren are bringing their f1 car down for correlation testing
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 42   Go Up