Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Any season ticket holders fancy a beer?  (Read 7242 times)
RedOx

Ignore
« on: Friday, April 16, 2010, 12:52:33 »

Just heard officially from the club that Millwall tickets are only on sale to ST holders and that they will not go on general sale if any remain - sorry if you already knew this but I couldn't be bothered to read through the threads!

So any season ST holders who have decided not to go, fancy selling me their ticket?!

I know people are waiting to see how important the game is before buying deciding whether to buy their ticket, but I definitely want to go so would like to get a ticket asap.

Cheers

Redox

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, April 16, 2010, 13:03:07 »

i dont blame you for trying, but dont understand why only season ticket holders should be allowed to buy them.
it is not standard procedure, and we are not a club with many hoolies.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, April 16, 2010, 13:08:45 »

i dont blame you for trying, but dont understand why only season ticket holders should be allowed to buy them.

My thoughts exactly
RedOx

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, April 16, 2010, 13:09:50 »

The bloke at the club also said that they wouldn't let him sell 2 tickets to each ST holder. Means hassle for people like JFW who have to arrange to get their mates STs and voucher.

Thing is, I'm thinking of going without a ticket (from the station to the away end is pretty safe) and if we haven't sold out, they may let us in..........but of course they may check for tickets before then so may be a non-starter!

I'm at the wycombe game next week if anyone does have one spare.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, April 16, 2010, 13:10:31 »

the inevitable handing out of season tickets to mates isn't fair.
plenty of loyal fans dont have season tickets and will miss out.season tickets are for home games anyway
RedOx

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, April 16, 2010, 13:16:24 »

the inevitable handing out of season tickets to mates isn't fair.
plenty of loyal fans dont have season tickets and will miss out.season tickets are for home games anyway

I know but the ST argument goes round in circles and is not worth starting again!  Smiley

As you can see, I don't live in Swindon, and never have, so attend home games sometimes but mostly go away. I buy tickets over the phone so the club have my purchase history, and have done for 20 years, but the club said that it was out of their hands. They said to look on the website should the decison change if there are unsold tickets, but by the time I get the time off to head to Swindon, they'll all be snapped up!  Angry
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, April 16, 2010, 13:16:29 »

Its only fair season ticket holders get first dibs.

They won't get to general sale as the season ticket holders will have the lot...
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, April 16, 2010, 13:17:52 »

Thats a very cack handed approach from the club. Surely a large proportion of Non ST holders are on the database, I know i am. Also what about people who have bought ST's for next season, again they are on the database, again that's me also. Really peed off, that with all that, and the fact i've been to Carlisle, hartlepool and  8 or 9 other god forsaken outposts this year, i can't go to my closest game. If they do sell out to ST holders fair enough, but would be shoddy if we didn't take our full allocation for a lack of a bit of thought.
RedOx

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, April 16, 2010, 13:20:43 »

Its only fair season ticket holders get first dibs.

They won't get to general sale as the season ticket holders will have the lot...

Well I got a Leeds ticket without a ST and how many ST holders wish they went to that!! Cheesy

Think it depends on 3 things:how many STs don't fancy a trip to Millwall; how many want to save their money for the POs; how important will the match actually be - promotion game?

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, April 16, 2010, 13:22:49 »

Thats a very cack handed approach from the club.

I'd be very surprised if the decision had been made by the club.

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, April 16, 2010, 13:24:02 »

an away game loyalty scheme could be a thing that may need looking at for the future, as this has opened a big can of worms.

to be honest i think i will probably be able to get a ticket, but wont like the way i will have to go about it.
has it actually been confirmed that tickets are only available to season ticket holder only?
RedOx

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, April 16, 2010, 13:24:40 »

Thats a very cack handed approach from the club. Surely a large proportion of Non ST holders are on the database, I know i am. Also what about people who have bought ST's for next season, again they are on the database, again that's me also. Really peed off, that with all that, and the fact i've been to Carlisle, hartlepool and  8 or 9 other god forsaken outposts this year, i can't go to my closest game. If they do sell out to ST holders fair enough, but would be shoddy if we didn't take our full allocation for a lack of a bit of thought.

Apart from not having a ST for next year, I think we are in the same boat SR. I've always preferred the awaydays and was looking forward to this one as it is closest to me (after Wycombe) travelwise.  Angry
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #12 on: Friday, April 16, 2010, 13:24:59 »

I genuinely don't understand the gripe.

Of course season tickets holders come first, and then the remainder do on general sale. For the bigger matches the remaining tickets are sold to those with ticket stubs...... and so on.......

So some numpty who has not been all season wants first dibs on a ticket for the biggest match of the season and people bitch about it? What about the lad/girl who has attended most matches but misses out because of Johnny Armchair?
RedOx

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, April 16, 2010, 13:28:08 »

an away game loyalty scheme could be a thing that may need looking at for the future, as this has opened a big can of worms.

to be honest i think i will probably be able to get a ticket, but wont like the way i will have to go about it.
has it actually been confirmed that tickets are only available to season ticket holder only?

I emailed the club and that's what they said (ST holders only) at lunctime. They said it was the Met not the club.

Get two tickets SR and I'll buy (some of )the beers in the Market Porter!  Cool

Seriously mate, if you can get a spare......
Talk Talk

« Reply #14 on: Friday, April 16, 2010, 13:28:20 »

So some numpty who has not been all season wants first dibs on a ticket for the biggest match of the season and people bitch about it? What about the lad/girl who has attended most matches but misses out because of Johnny Armchair?

And here he is

[url width=360 height=600]http://blog.makezine.com/john-krubsack-chair.jpg[/url]

Bastard.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: