Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 42   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Exeter pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 35296 times)
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, February 3, 2022, 15:44:19 »

So much of it comes down to the acoustics of the stand you're in. Our away support is pretty decent but put us in an open end, like the Stratton Bank, and we seem pretty quiet.

I think the problem at home, as has been mentioned before, is that the people that will sing are spread out, so unless it's a big crowd the Town End doesn't make much noise either. I like a sing and a shout, and yet the Rovers game was the first time I've been in the Town End for at least a decade because the view is so shite.

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, February 3, 2022, 15:46:55 »

Can only base it on Barrow but the atmosphere away was pretty shite as well.

This is a constant gripe and not sure what the reason is. Is it the style of football? I don’t know, but the atmosphere is like a relegation season without the bile. The Town End must have lost some ring leaders. All it takes is a few beers. I used to do my best, but I’m a DRS man now with my boy. There’s a few lads at the back of the DRS (approx 165) who give it a go, but their timing is…… pretty appalling. It’s so good when you get some to and fro between the Town End and DRS - happened most under Sturrock and then PDC, but that has hardly happened all season.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, February 3, 2022, 15:53:34 »

Atmosphere is mostly driven by what's happening on the pitch. To be fair, a league 2 match away to Barrow with a below par performance and result is hardly going to be bringing the noise.
« Last Edit: Thursday, February 3, 2022, 15:56:03 by 4D » Logged
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, February 3, 2022, 15:53:45 »

This is a constant gripe and not sure what the reason is. Is it the style of football? I don’t know, but the atmosphere is like a relegation season without the bile. The Town End must have lost some ring leaders. All it takes is a few beers. I used to do my best, but I’m a DRS man now with my boy. There’s a few lads at the back of the DRS (approx 165) who give it a go, but their timing is…… pretty appalling. It’s so good when you get some to and fro between the Town End and DRS - happened most under Sturrock and then PDC, but that has hardly happened all season.

I gave up when all the strange little fuckers appeared post lockdowns T2 & 3 are on the most part full of really really strange fuckers who moan for 90 minutes week in and week out, and a little group just by the tunnel who on Tuesday had more than one rendition of "Crawley Town shagged the referee".

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, February 3, 2022, 15:54:14 »

We rarely get periods of sustained pressure and the build ups are invariably slow and methodical. We don’t seem to like a tackle to get the blood up.

Read somewhere that of our 3 red cards this season 1 was in the 97th minute and the other 2 after the game had finished.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, February 3, 2022, 15:56:51 »

I gave up when all the strange little fuckers appeared post lockdowns T2 & 3 are on the most part full of really really strange fuckers who moan for 90 minutes week in and week out, and a little group just by the tunnel who on Tuesday had more than one rendition of "Crawley Town shagged the referee".

It's why I go to T1  Smiley
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, February 3, 2022, 15:58:02 »

We rarely get periods of sustained pressure and the build ups are invariably slow and methodical. We don’t seem to like a tackle to get the blood up.

Read somewhere that of our 3 red cards this season 1 was in the 97th minute and the other 2 after the game had finished.

What is this word "tackle" you speak of? I'm sure it's association with football ended around the late 90s.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, February 3, 2022, 16:22:41 »

So much of it comes down to the acoustics of the stand you're in. Our away support is pretty decent but put us in an open end, like the Stratton Bank, and we seem pretty quiet.

Barrow was crammed in like sardines in a covered stand.

Atmosphere is mostly driven by what's happening on the pitch. To be fair, a league 2 match away to Barrow with a below par performance and result is hardly going to be bringing the noise.

I would get that but there was no atmosphere to start with (Russ Abbott would have been disgusted) it only got worse as the game went on.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, February 3, 2022, 16:24:10 »

Strange, our fans are usually good away.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, February 3, 2022, 16:30:26 »

Back to the game. This is a massive 6 pointer. Get to the game on Saturday and ramp up some noise. Even get some of your plastic mates along, Man U and Liverpool aren't playing. COYR
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, February 3, 2022, 16:35:37 »

Strange, our fans are usually good away.

Yeah agreed. Been to a number of away games this season and our support was excellent.
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, February 3, 2022, 16:36:21 »

Barrow was crammed in like sardines in a covered stand.

Well, if we must draw conclusions from a single game then I'm going to say it was because you were there and you ruined the mood  Grin

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, February 3, 2022, 16:41:35 »

I hope that Garner makes a few changes on Saturday just to shake it up a bit. With Reid suspended and Davison presumably injured, I would leave out Hunt, Conroy and Gladwin and go with this starting XI.

Woolacott
Tomlinson, O'Brien, Cooper, Odimayo, Iandolo
Lyden, Williams, Barrie
Mckirdy, Mitchell-Lawson

Hoping that Tomlinson will offer more attacking threat than Hunt, with the option of  cutting in on his left foot.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Thursday, February 3, 2022, 16:41:47 »

'Republica - Ready to Go' needs to be played pre-match. That seems to have stopped and with it the atmosphere*

* No idea if that's the reason but it was played on the radio the other day and reminded me of times I used to go regularly to the CG and the atmosphere was generally decent from the off.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Thursday, February 3, 2022, 17:55:24 »

that song irritates me. I put it in the 'lazy' song category that radio stations out in when they can't be arsed to spend money on something better. You can add 4 non blondes to that category too

besides, I thought it was played Tuesday?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 42   Go Up
Print
Jump to: