Pages: 1 ... 600 601 602 [603] 604 605 606 ... 868   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1279879 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #9030 on: Friday, December 8, 2023, 16:21:18 »

Can he sell the club without having to ask ‘others’ for permission?

He can offer his shares, but the other duo get to make an offer as well I believe.  I am 99% certain the new Articles and Memorandum of Association added include pre-emption rights, although the terms are not public, if there are any.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #9031 on: Friday, December 8, 2023, 16:22:08 »

So is there a minimum share % that invokes the same right Clem had when he bought the club.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #9032 on: Friday, December 8, 2023, 16:38:44 »

So is there a minimum share % that invokes the same right Clem had when he bought the club.

I may walk back my 99% statement!!!

I need to get my head around the shareholding situation - there are three or four companies intertwined.  Looks like STFC & Seebeck 87 Ltd do NOT have pre-emption rights, but Swinton Reds DOES.

It will al depend on where the shares really sit in terms of control.  Might take a while to figure that out again.

The pre-emption rights in Swinton Reds make it so all shareholders must be given the option to match any offer.  The company has the rights to do a share buy back before that as well, which seems unlikely as it isn't really a trading company.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #9033 on: Friday, December 8, 2023, 16:42:11 »

So, for arguments sake, if someone rocked up and offered Clem an amount - £7m? - which he accepted would that flush out all the turds that are clinging on to the club.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #9034 on: Friday, December 8, 2023, 16:50:10 »

Everyone do the Euromillions tonight please
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #9035 on: Friday, December 8, 2023, 16:51:03 »

It’s probably been answered a hundred times already but how does the ground factor in to a club sale?

…could Clem in theory sell up for less / wipe some of the personal debt to himself in exchange for keeping / owning a % of the Stadium and / or being involved with the redevelopment ?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #9036 on: Friday, December 8, 2023, 17:01:30 »

I’d imagine, and hope, that any prospective new owner would offer up the money and tell Clem and the myriad of hangers on and sycophants to fuck off with him and never show their faces again in SN1.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #9037 on: Friday, December 8, 2023, 17:07:40 »

It’s probably been answered a hundred times already but how does the ground factor in to a club sale?

…could Clem in theory sell up for less / wipe some of the personal debt to himself in exchange for keeping / owning a % of the Stadium and / or being involved with the redevelopment ?

The club should have valued the asset once it came onto their books, which should be in the 22/23 Accounts that Hall said were ready for viewing, but they won't be sent to Companies House until Feb 2024 I think.

They would be valuing a shareholding in the JV company, which owns the freehold and would have a value as a result.

On top of that, the new lease would attract some value, and should be stated in the Accounts of the football club.

When selling shares, Clem and a buyer would take those new asset valuations into account, plus any new liabilities, to value the business.  We know Clem has Director loans, so he is owed that money on top of whatever the business itself is now worth.

If the ownership tree goes via Swinton Reds, then Hollie & Beth have the right to match any deal.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #9038 on: Friday, December 8, 2023, 17:09:59 »

And if I remember correctly, the JV can block the sale of the 50% share the club has in the JV, BUT, I presume that does not prevent the ownership of the club itself from changing.  There is s gentleman's agreement that the club would inform the other parties if it itself was being sold.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9039 on: Friday, December 8, 2023, 17:11:18 »

then Hollie & Beth have the right to match any deal.

Aside:: do we know the state of Beth's holding, OS has Chris and Hollie as declarable "Other Significant interests (as defined in the EFL regulations)" shareholders

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/club/whos-who/

Not seen anyone mention changes at CH, so ?!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9040 on: Friday, December 8, 2023, 17:11:35 »

If the ownership tree goes via Swinton Reds, then Hollie & Beth have the right to match any deal.

Probably what will end up happening. Which will end up being out of the frying pan and on to the fire again, I suspect.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #9041 on: Friday, December 8, 2023, 17:24:28 »

And if I remember correctly, the JV can block the sale of the 50% share the club has in the JV, BUT, I presume that does not prevent the ownership of the club itself from changing.  There is s gentleman's agreement that the club would inform the other parties if it itself was being sold.

Just a shame we aren’t dealing with gentlemen…

The Trust will be Neville Chamberlain waiving their piece of paper as Clem at al smash into Czechoslovakia.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #9042 on: Friday, December 8, 2023, 17:40:38 »

For as long as it is not known (with evidence) where the £8.2m is actually going, I worry that this lot have no intention to sell, and are quite content with the way the club is operating - simply because it works very nicely indeed for them. That’s why it feels necessary to turn the heat up somehow on the rogues.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #9043 on: Friday, December 8, 2023, 18:21:38 »

I don't think that Clem / The Cabal have any serious intention to sell up any time soon, unless of course somebody makes them an offer that they can't refuse...

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #9044 on: Friday, December 8, 2023, 18:25:03 »

…but if the club is operating at a legit loss and Clem (and/or whoever is behind Clem) have to keep plugging the losses - then surely they’re going to run out of money at some point?

Even if Clem keeps transferring the debt to himself as a loan - he’s only likely to get that back by selling the club, right?

Obviously if the club is operating at a self inflicted loss due to fingers in the till: that’s a different story altogether
Pages: 1 ... 600 601 602 [603] 604 605 606 ... 868   Go Up
Print
Jump to: