Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Sutton United pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 26487 times)
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, March 13, 2022, 17:46:29 »

2-2

Iandolo (39)
Hunt (72)

Att: 8,899

Nothing to see here
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, March 13, 2022, 17:46:48 »

I hear what you’re saying but the build up to the match and the atmosphere on the day would be fantastic. And when we do to them what Preston did to us in our last PO final it would be a match to remember for a lifetime.

Anyhow. Swindon 3- 0 against Sutton

….and if they dicked us - it would be awful.

Always maintain the play offs are the best way to go from a fan perspective but they are such a gamble start to finish. The less glamours just finishing in the Autos is a lot less stressful
river monster

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, March 13, 2022, 17:47:33 »

Don't want to tempt fate but Sutton,going by our previous encounter are one of the worst top half teams I've seen this season

Completely agree. Watched a handful of games this season on Ifollow and live, and they are the worst team I've seen us play this season!  Still got to do our job and win though...
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, March 13, 2022, 18:00:36 »

….and if they dicked us - it would be awful.

Always maintain the play offs are the best way to go from a fan perspective but they are such a gamble start to finish. The less glamours just finishing in the Autos is a lot less stressful

I know New Wembley has scarred us, but we went into both Millwall and Preston as underdogs. With a full squad I'd fancy our chances against Rovers, and that would be quite a game. But there's a very long way to go until May, and it's form going into the game that really counts.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, March 13, 2022, 19:42:37 »

I know New Wembley has scarred us, but we went into both Millwall and Preston as underdogs. With a full squad I'd fancy our chances against Rovers, and that would be quite a game. But there's a very long way to go until May, and it's form going into the game that really counts.

Preston definitely but whilst Millwall finished ahead of us over the season. I wouldn’t have said we were underdogs. Maybe slightly less favoured but with a bit more bottle we’d have finished in the Autos anyway…
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, March 13, 2022, 21:53:01 »

Millwall had done us over 3-1 on the last day of the season and don't think we believed we could beat them.

Preston, we were mentally and defensively shot by the Sheffield Utd games. Preston couldn't afford to lose whereas half our team had transfers lined up whatever the result.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, March 13, 2022, 22:53:18 »

Back on track..............

Hope that confidence brims within the squad, McKirdy is hungry and Egbo's cameo wasn't a flash in the pan.

Need 3 point from this fixture for sure.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, March 14, 2022, 08:10:01 »

It's a must win game*

*Someone on here (can't remember who) always goes mental when anyone uses that phrase...so that's just for you**
 Grin

**It really us though  Wink
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, March 14, 2022, 08:28:24 »

Guessing that's O'Brien he's referring to  Bad Mood

Garner on injuries:

"Harry McKirdy is back in but we have one player who is very doubtful due to one tackle put in on him on Saturday. He won't train today. Mandela Egbo can play down either wing and is very composed when on the ball. He showed composure on Saturday and played a huge part in us getting that goal."
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, March 14, 2022, 09:07:25 »

bugger. didn't someone say they saw JOB with one of those boot things on after? so reckon you're right
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, March 14, 2022, 09:10:24 »

bugger. didn't someone say they saw JOB with one of those boot things on after? so reckon you're right

Dukey said JOB was wearing a protective boot after the game but was expected to be at training on Sunday.

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, March 14, 2022, 09:19:35 »

Payne? Didn't someone mention he had ice on his knee?
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, March 14, 2022, 12:32:20 »

Team selection will be interesting. Do we stick with virtually the same line up, barring the obvious return of McKirdy, or rotate a couple more to take account of the run of Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday games?

I feel it may be time to give Aguiar a rest, as he has look slightly leggy in the last couple of games. Also would start Williams over Payne (again to protect Payne) and swap them back for Crawley. If O'Brien is injured as some have suggested, it might be an opportunity to move Odimayo in to central defence with Conroy, move Iandolo to left back and play Egbo on right side of midfield. I dont fancy Conroy and Baudry as a central defensive pairing due to lack of mobility. Would keep Mitchell-Lawson in the side as he looked decent on Saturday and pace may be a factor against Sutton.

My starting XI, assuming an injury to O'Brien is:- (433)- Woolacott, Hunt, Odimayo, Conroy, Iandolo, Reed, Egbo, Williams, Mitchell-Lawson, Mckirdy, Davison. If O'Brien is fit, then Egbo drops to the bench, with Iandolo reverting to left side of midfield.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #43 on: Monday, March 14, 2022, 13:04:38 »

For me we have to stay 433/451.

Keep Iandolo in Midfield and start AK at LB again as we look far weaker when Iandolo is in defence.

If AK is not as fit then put Hunt at LB and Egbo at RB, but for me AK did well at LB on Saturday and Iandolo always looks better in midfield than at LB.

I would love to see us line up like this.

Wollacott
Hunt    Conroy   JOB    Odimayo
    Aguiar    Reed     Iandolo
McKirdy                         Williams
              Davison

Not sure Williams and Payne are both fit enough to start so it will probably be 1 or the other rather than both especially with the "return of the mac".

It was interesting seeing Payne play as in inverted winger on Saturday, a role he hasn't played often but he looked really happy cutting inside rather than taking the defenders on down the wing. I also think that Williams and Iandolo bring the best out of each other when both going down the left, they interplay brilliantly.

I think it will be a toss of the coin to see if Williams starts over Payne or visa versa.

I agree that Aguiar looked leggy on Saturday and missplaced a fair few passes so maybe bring Williams into midfield or Payne there instead.

Its good to have options.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
London Pride

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, March 14, 2022, 19:23:29 »

No O’Brian, Payne or Egbo tomorrow all out three through injury.
Having no luck at the moment.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: