Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vale v Swindon official match day thread  (Read 51354 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Saturday, November 24, 2018, 20:04:56 »

No we won't. We'll win because I'm going out on the piss tonight. We always win when I miss it.
Please go out more often.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Flashheart

« Reply #241 on: Saturday, November 24, 2018, 20:43:35 »

No we won't. We'll win because I'm going out on the piss tonight. We always win when I miss it.

Just got in.

I fucking told you. If it goes down the the wire either way then you cunts should be thinking about a gofundme page to make sure that  I have sufficient funds to go out on the razz.
Flashheart

« Reply #242 on: Saturday, November 24, 2018, 20:44:31 »

How well did we play?

I know we won, but how well did we play?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Saturday, November 24, 2018, 21:15:58 »

How well did we play?

Depends who you’re asking. If it’s all but Smeeton, we fucking won just take it. If it’s Smeeton, how much of your life have you got to waste?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Saturday, November 24, 2018, 21:23:35 »

How well did we play?

Played it around well first half and but for Anderson’s wayward shooting would and should have gone in 3 up at half time.

Second half was a bit of a dirge with Vale fans bemoaning our play acting, timewasting and generally caddish behaviour.

Fuck ‘em!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Saturday, November 24, 2018, 22:23:31 »

How well did we play?

quite well in the first half, McCourt played well for the first time. back 4. Taylor holding in mid. iandolo was ok in my book. Twine did well given total lack of experience. Restricted Vale to 1 serious shot I think and could have had 3 ourselves.

second half value 3 upped it a bit, they had to. quite direct but also tried to use pace down the wing.  we were quite dogged in defence. there were a couple of scares, one off the line but we held on and killed the game at every opportunity.

not a classic, but 3 points are 3 points.

Downside: Richards injured in warm up. adebayo suspended for Tuesday (5th yellow) and McCourt dislocated his shoulder.

now we have to turn you into a Saturday night binge drinker.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Saturday, November 24, 2018, 23:00:07 »

Forget our victory in Burslem, the biggest result today was at Morecambe - that late equaliser could well be the difference between survival and loss of FL status come the end of the season. Massive.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Sunday, November 25, 2018, 00:24:14 »

That's a good win away, don't care about the score. 1-0 is 3 points and come May that could make the difference. Call it as it is we'll done Wellends, trained the team and they kept a clean sheet. What more could we ask for after last week. LP inspired appointment, he must be delighted.

You said he lost the dressing room last week you wank sponge!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Sunday, November 25, 2018, 00:45:17 »

You said he lost the dressing room last week you wank sponge!

Sitting as devils advocate. Do you know that he didn’t?
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Sunday, November 25, 2018, 09:09:29 »

Enjoyed that yesterday and pleased for Wellens. Good solid team performance.

Just a mention on Woolfenden who I thought had his best game for us so far and did well against Pope.

Good to see a set of opposition fans with a bad case of boooitis and for us to be in a position to do a bit of niggly time wasting for a change.

Anderson looked to be struggling when he came off, but hopefully ok for Tuesday.

Spotted Doughty at Stoke station heading for the first class carriages of the 17:50 to Euston.
Maybe didn't want to mingle with the QPR massive and who can blame him.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Sunday, November 25, 2018, 10:05:01 »

Sitting as devils advocate. Do you know that he didn’t?

I would imagine that had he lost the dressing room we wouldn’t have put in what sounded like a tremendous, determined gritty performance for 100 minutes yesterday.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Sunday, November 25, 2018, 10:37:39 »

Interesting that a few players had their best game for us yesterday - Wolf, Iandolo, McCourt, Twine

Get Dave and Woolery up to speed and things may look a bit brighter.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #252 on: Sunday, November 25, 2018, 10:47:36 »

Interesting that a few players had their best game for us yesterday - Wolf, Iandolo, McCourt, Twine

Get Dave and Woolery up to speed and things may look a bit brighter.
I would add Bayo to that too, for 85 mins he ran them ragged winning loads of balls played up to him, he is so hit and miss, one week looks a promising star of the future the next he looks like he has never seen a football in his life.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #253 on: Sunday, November 25, 2018, 11:09:15 »

Our opponents on Tuesday, Stevenage, (who had a good win yesterday vs MKD) have cancelled the supporters club coach for Tuesdays game as they only sold 3....yes 3 tickets!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Sunday, November 25, 2018, 11:20:03 »

I would add Bayo to that too, for 85 mins he ran them ragged winning loads of balls played up to him, he is so hit and miss, one week looks a promising star of the future the next he looks like he has never seen a football in his life.

And now suspended for Tuesday.... exactly what we didn't need, as we've only one option up front, young Twine, who isn't a target man. 

Throw in another glut of injuries and it's difficult to see how Wellens can put together a side likely to get the win we badly need.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: