Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 100 year old driver...  (Read 1328 times)
TalkTalk

« on: Friday, July 29, 2005, 21:51:54 »

...just had his birthday, telegram from Liz and all that. The local GP decides that he's too old to drive anymore and is contacting DVLA to get his licence taken away.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/dorset/4727383.stm
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, July 29, 2005, 21:55:27 »

but to be fair people above a certain age should have a series of tests to make sure they are a good driver.

75 is a good limit. (if i live that long??)

TalkTalk

« Reply #2 on: Friday, July 29, 2005, 22:01:32 »

I wasn't calling it either way.  And I agree with you - apparently you have to sign a declaration every three years over the age of 75 to say that you are fit to drive. This bloke was driving before they had tests and has never had an accident though. Bet he wears a flat cap in the car, bless him.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, July 29, 2005, 22:05:39 »

This bloke was driving before they had tests and has never had an accident though. Bet he wears a flat cap in the car, bless him.

i know what your saying and in some ways i agree. If he has had X amount of years driving care free then let him carry on.

Even some of the people who pass now a days are worse than most 75 +.

Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, July 29, 2005, 22:08:16 »

It's a question of health really - if he has a heart attack at the wheel then he puts himself and others in danger - I'm sure the doctor has not made the decision lightly.
TalkTalk

« Reply #5 on: Friday, July 29, 2005, 22:14:37 »

Perhaps we should write to Clarkson and ask him to take the chap to Brands and let him drive a Ferrari around it to make a point

:twisted:
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, July 29, 2005, 22:19:13 »

Perhaps we should write to Clarkson and ask him to take the chap to Brands and let him drive a Ferrari around it to make a point

give him to the Stig. :twisted:

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, July 29, 2005, 23:28:53 »

If his eyesight, reactions and ability to drive at a speed which doesn't hinder other road users are all absolutely fine, then of course he should be allowed to drive.

I very much doubt any of those apply though.
TalkTalk

« Reply #8 on: Friday, July 29, 2005, 23:56:10 »

Hmmmmmmmmm. I can think of a few relations (all under the age of 65) who don't meet that criteria

:shock:

In fact many who are under the age of 45...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: