Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: COXY HAS OFFICIALLY GONE  (Read 18170 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2009, 15:23:41 »

I would have hoped that we would have included a further sell on clause to the deal as well, maybe 25%, so if they sell him on for say £4m if he proves a hit then we will get more further on down the line!

Good deal, good luck Coxy!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2009, 15:35:47 »

but Coxy is a far far better player than SSP-quality like his is rare,some of the goals he scored were world-class and that's not an exaggeration.Do you think he is worth more than Horlock was when we sold him for 1.5 million?Thats all we are quaranteed

no but we were in league 1 (championship) and thus (for whatever reason i don't agree with) clubs demand higher transfer fees.

if Horlock was here now in the new League 1 being sold he wouldn't even fetch a million.
I mean Darren Bent, £14m. Just cos he's in the premiership doesn't make him any good.
So to sell a player after 1 season in league 1 for almost £2m i think is good business

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2009, 15:42:12 »

Sold after 12 months at a 700% mark up for a club record fee is excellent business.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2009, 15:51:48 »

but Coxy is a far far better player than SSP-quality like his is rare,some of the goals he scored were world-class and that's not an exaggeration.Do you think he is worth more than Horlock was when we sold him for 1.5 million?Thats all we are quaranteed

As someone else said, the fee for Cox is based on him being a League One player - if he had just scored 30 goals in the Championship then we'd be looking at £4m minimum, if he'd just done it in the Premier League then it would be £15m minimum. But he's only done it in League One so £2m or so is about right.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2009, 15:58:00 »

But 'in reality'  you don't know if the sell on is included in the figures being bandied about - it's just possible that the Adver may be wrong-, and you don't know if it was really 40%.
Now come on that's not very likely is it?
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2009, 16:04:17 »

Darrent Bent is a good player Magic
DMR

« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2009, 16:05:39 »

I haven't read this thread, just the BBC report, so I might get pilloried for saying this but I'm continuing to dislike Fitton more and more. £1.9m maximum is simply not enough.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2009, 16:07:01 »

Darrent Bent is a good player Magic

not worth £14m though

Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2009, 16:18:39 »

Very true but is anyone worth what gets paid for then. DMR how much is fair to you. What if we have a decent sell on cause?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2009, 16:19:29 »

I haven't read this thread, just the BBC report, so I might get pilloried for saying this but I'm continuing to dislike Fitton more and more. £1.9m maximum is simply not enough.

So he's worth more than 7 times what he was worth 12 months ago?!  I think some people need a serious reality check.  We're talking about a young striker who has had 1 successful season in Division 3.

The lad goes for an all time club record fee and it's not enough?  What do you want...blood?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2009, 16:19:45 »

im with DV on this-the fee is disappointing, everybody knows he's going right to the top[//b]

I don't think that's certain. He has a lack of explosive first 5 yards pace and weaknesses he needs to iron out (first touch, misses the odd sitter).

But he's only 22 and I honestly really hope he plays in the Prem. He's earned the chance to prove himself in the Championship and if he does the job WBA will be promoted and we'll find out.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2009, 16:22:23 »

Everyone knows Cox is going to the top in pretty much the same we 'knew' SSP was going to the top in 2005 (ie we know bugger all).
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2009, 16:22:37 »

So he's worth more than 7 times what he was worth 12 months ago?!  I think some people need a serious reality check.  We're talking about a young striker who has had 1 successful season in Division 3.

The lad goes for an all time club record fee and it's not enough?  What do you want...blood?

I'd class both his seasons in Town colours as successfull
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2009, 16:22:58 »

I am well upset that he has gone.

But I did say all along that £1.5m was a fair price for him, and I was proven to be right.

Anyone expecting more than that is, quite frankly, delusional.

To get that amount in cash up front is fantastic, and the performance clauses are a bonus.

Smiley
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2009, 16:23:47 »

I'd class both his seasons in Town colours as successfull

My mistake.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: