Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Paolo makes his position clear  (Read 2255 times)
HardCorePrawn

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 19:07:55 »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2285426/Paolo-Di-Canio-rules-return-Swindon-Town.html

... except (!) the deadline remains unexplained.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 19:27:34 »

'We brought this club to the top, we went round the country with a squad of 15 players because we were under embargo for most of the season. That is amazing and I am proud.'

No we werent under embargo for most of the season. Dickhead.
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 19:29:09 »

Really? Did this need a new thread.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 19:29:38 »

'We brought this club to the top, we went round the country with a squad of 15 players because we were under embargo for most of the season. That is amazing and I am proud.'

That's not even accurate.

Oh well, let's move on...
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 19:31:20 »

The more I read his statements the more I lose respect for him. He jumped ship as soon as it became clear he wouldn't be given an open cheque book to sign players and is now trying to blame everyone but himself. It was great when he was here but he's ruining my memories of him.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 19:32:16 »

Is he trying to convince himself here? I think he's left a job unfinished, and we'll never know! Oh well each to their own...next please!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Flashheart

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 19:34:32 »

That's ludicrous
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 19:51:26 »

If he carries on like this he will talk himself out of any sort of managerial job in this country, making himself a bit of a laughing stock.  Move on.
HardCorePrawn

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 19:54:45 »

Really? Did this need a new thread.

On balance, having ploughed through pages of posts on the 'Sky Interview Coming Up' thread trying to find a link to his comments, I thought a new one that cut to the chase was warranted. However, I agree that it's time for the debate to dry up now the position is clear. I respect the new owners for not revealing what went on on the Saturday before the deal went through but I'm sure it explains why the pleading phone call PDC was hoping for wasn't made.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 20:26:37 »

Don't think PDC was ever clear, so a fail from that point of view and it is true that we haven't really toured the country with a 15 man squad.

In my view PDC is probably right on the Ritchie breach of contract point (AB hasn't in fact denied this in terms).

He is right that he has left us top (or near enough) and

He is right that we have had one de facto M'bargo or another (taking into account the fiasco that was the January transfer/loan window and the February emergency loan opportunity) which have applied for a very significant part of the season.

He is also right that he is gone - even his detractors must "strongly agreee" there.

Jury's out on Jed but it is at least a possibility that PDC's salary or style were not attractive to (or in the management capabilities of) the new board and that Jed has been happy to allow PDC to bear the responsibility for the parting.  Jed hasn't exactly been proactive about keeping or hiring any manager at all.

It could be a long time before STFC is in a equivalent position in the table and with not especially strong competitors for a Championship place.

Welcome to laid back and ciao to driven
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 20:46:56 »

Bitter.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 20:56:43 »

Bitter.
It's simply not true though
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 21:03:46 »

I would say 90% of Tans posts in the past week have been something bad about Paolo.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 21:13:09 »

And on twitter.

It is getting tedious son. Just leave it be.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 21:19:04 »

Tans has always been quite an angry man, which is amusing.

What I want to know though, is why is Agent Darren banned from the club?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: