Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Di Canio new Town boss  (Read 15544 times)
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 18:10:35 »

Walk round the Leys or Rose Hill,you may change your mind.

You don't need to wear a Town shirt to get assulted in the Leys!

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Spencer_White

« Reply #76 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 18:10:44 »

Its all about crossing that Magdelen bridge and going into the shit bit, thats the Poxford United part. They do come into the City centre on a saturday night, but the rest of the time its full of toffs and Japanese tourists.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 18:16:21 »

It's not though.  The area immediately east of Magdalen Bridge, especially the wedge between Cowley and Iffley Road, is student city.  Oxford is one of the most ghetto-ised cities I can think of.  It's not for nothing that their ground is in the far south east of town...that's where a huge slice of their support comes from.  North Oxford, city centre...very little interest in Oxford United there, for obvious reasons.

Edit: I'm kind of agreeing with you, now I think about it.  Just pointing out that you have to go some way east/south of the centre before you reach the areas that lots of their fans live in.
« Last Edit: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 18:17:53 by Ardiles » Logged
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 18:17:33 »

You don't need to wear a Town shirt to get assulted in the Leys!

No,but my point was that if you did you would be guaranteed a hiding,not just a maybe.

Family at War

Midfield Maestro

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 18:25:31 »

Oxford has and always will be Town v Gown
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 18:51:31 »

Its all about crossing that Magdelen bridge and going into the shit bit, thats the Poxford United part. They do come into the City centre on a saturday night, but the rest of the time its full of toffs and Japanese tourists.

We got threatened in yates'. They were away at carlile and so they fancied a day on the piss.

We were playing wycombe away and got so cunted before we missed the bus or train so we just stayed out.

They werent a happy group of lads!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: