Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: £25 Match Day Tickets Next Season  (Read 33880 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 20:22:12 »

Johnny, the text is there but formatted wrongly so it gets covered up. Adult was £20. The higher prices are family tickets.
ScillyRed

« Reply #136 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 20:31:45 »

The only home games I could go to this season are likely to be Barnet & Morcambe - at £25 I won't bother  No

PLASTIC TILL I DIE  Cheesy
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #137 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 20:34:23 »

The only home games I could go to this season are likely to be Barnet & Morcambe - at £25 I won't bother  No

PLASTIC TILL I DIE  Cheesy

I bet your travel, food and accommodation costs will have risen by more than £5 so it seems you're cutting off your nose to spite your face a bit. Each to their own.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 20:35:29 »

I bet your travel, food and accommodation costs will have risen by more than £5 so it seems you're cutting off your nose to spite your face a bit. Each to their own.

Don't blame you.  They are hardley mouth watering matches.
ScillyRed

« Reply #139 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 20:49:44 »

Bit harsh, as it costs me a few hundred quid just to get to my parents in Wantage ie helicopter, car hire, petrol etc
Us oldies are not made of money  Cheesy
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #140 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 20:57:34 »

Bit harsh, as it costs me a few hundred quid just to get to my parents in Wantage ie helicopter, car hire, petrol etc
Us oldies are not made of money  Cheesy

I'm not having a go at all but if you're spending that amount of money surely it should dissuade you? £10 is not a lot in comparison to not watching us at all?

Or is it the case of the straw which broke the camel's back?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #141 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 21:06:30 »

What's the email address of Jeremy Wray?
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 21:13:42 »

jezzabigballs@stfc.co.uk ?
ScillyRed

« Reply #143 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 21:14:40 »

Quite simply - If I have to pay £25 to watch Barnet or Morcambe - I won't

That's from a Town fan of 41 f***ing years ( first 30yrs most home games + selected away )

I've done my bit

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 21:15:29 »

ascluelessasfitton@stfc.co.uk ?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #145 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 21:22:03 »

Or Nick Watkins' email will do.

thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 21:24:36 »

That's been posted in a few threads before... think one was the thread about season ticket renewals as someone asked about getting the early bird price shortly after the deadline passed (and got it).
betty_swollox

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 21:26:40 »

I'd like them to explain why they have changed the matchday prices from those published in the season ticket brochure.

Whilst there is some text missing it still very clearly states matchday tickets will be £20. This is backed up by the "save up to £201" text which you get from 23 * 20 = £460 vs £259 season ticket = £201 saving.

Makes it even worse that Wray seems totally oblivious to this and it gets no mention at all in his statement.
Yep this is what I was going to say. How can you advertise the prices and then change them?
I live in Surrey and I can't bye a ST as I may be moving abroad for work. I appreciate there will be some offers for games but I will probably not go to as many home games now.
Although when you add up the travel cost and the food,beer etc £5 isn't much, but its just £5 to far and I might as well just go to an away game the week after.
I know loads of fair weather fans who are quite happy to pay £20 or under but not a penny over. I think when you can't even watch division 4 football and get change from a twenty then its a sad day in football.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 21:28:18 »

Si Pie, it's just nick@swindontownfc.co.uk so presume it'd be jeremy@swindontownfc.co.uk
fatbasher

« Reply #149 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 21:31:03 »

Casual browser on this site but I post regularly to the adver stories.

My take on the "proposed" hike of 25% in adhoc match day tickets is mixed. I can see some fans points wrt the increase, however in some ways it will subsidise the giveaway cost of a ST which equates to 11.30 per game. As fans we cannot have a first class team, ground etc with the 6-8k attendances @ £11.30 per game. Of course the away fans will be "hit" but my recollection of some of the away grounds when we last graced the fourth division was cow shed in the middle of a field. some were good but not all and for many away fans coming to sn1 it will be an experience.

I think the club are being quiet cute actually because by more than doubling the cost you could in effect afford to miss half the games with a ST and still be no worse off than if you watched them all on a match by match basis.

Why not club in with someone to get one and divi up the games and draw lots for the ones you both want to see. The old regime would not allow you to transfer the ST but the current board do with a blessing. They know a bum on a seat is likely to buy, a half time draw ticket, programe, pie/chips/beer or merchandise in the club shop and nothing if they're sat at home.  

If you live miles away and you do have my sympathy there you'll be stumping up for your usual expenses no matter how much they have gone up, principally petrol/diesel. Seriously a £5 increase to see the revolution two, three times a year is going to stop you?

While we are at it why don't the club or this forum introduce a system whereby fans can register their ST and advertise when they cannot attend a match and an other supporter can "borrow" for a modest fee for said ST and return it after the game? Man u have this system and admittedly you'll pay for it but it does work.

Regards

Fatbasher
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 12, 2011, 06:36:19 by fatbasher » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: