Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Why are we all so surprised?  (Read 2931 times)
Crozzer

Ignore
« on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 21:39:37 »

Today was totally predictable.  Franchise had won at Oldham and were running into some form, and we haven't put in a decent performance since Smith got injured.  We beat Chesterfield, but  they were weakened and have been in free fall down the league for weeks.  We will get beat on Monday and won't win again this season, and will finish 24th.

I think that Iffy was doing a great job until contracts came up and the team seemed to fall apart.  The question is should he continue.  If Scunthorpe hammer us, I can see a resignation.   How can we be expected to compete with many of the team wanting to be elsewhere, while pinning our hopes on loan players from Watford and Brighton.

The reality is that to survive next season we need an experienced manager, or assistant manager, who ensures that the team is well organized, fit, and coached to do the fundamentals without thinking too hard about it.  When we went down to Div IV last time, we weren't a bad side.  Unfortunately, Ken Beamish turned us into a bad side in a matter of weeks.  Macari rescued us of course, while mentioning the "Holiday Camp" graffiti at the CG.  Of course drinking was forboten.

The reality is that Torquay looked like staying up last season, and in the end were a bit unlucky to go down.  They battled us for two draws.  They have proved the point that if you don't improve after relegation you are out of the league.  The time to start planning for next season is Tuesday morning.  If Iffy is to stay he needs an experienced assistant.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 21:50:25 »

im not surprised i thought we were dooomed the minute pook started on the left wing away to barnsley opening day
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 21:57:33 »

im shocked cause i didn't think it would actually happen, but it is.
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 22:02:06 »

Same as j-dog  Sad  I thought we'd stay up, I really did.

RED ARMY
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 22:02:34 »

I pretty much gave up around Christmas and really gave up when Rory went.

Ah well.

/
W56196272
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 22:08:10 »

As a swindon fan this is my first experience of a relegation or of any major event really Sad  I'm yet to experience a promotion.

RED ARMY
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 22:10:16 »

poor Sadeio.

Lets pretend were getting promoted next home game. Cool

/
W56196272
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 22:15:18 »

I'm sure you've seen it all before yeovil (I'm not saying your old or anything)

I'll bring the ballons and the party hats and the blowy things.
 Cool

RED ARMY
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 22:23:08 »

that reminds me to start work on my 'born in england, live in england, die in england' flag.
Spud

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 23:43:49 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
that reminds me to start work on my 'born in england, live in england, die in england' flag.

Ace.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 09:59:04 »

I have supported us since I was about 5 or 6 and have experienced one promotion which I cannot remember, and potentially two embarassingly poor relegation seasons. I seriously chose the wrong club  :roll:
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 10:08:55 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
I have supported us since I was about 5 or 6 and have experienced one promotion which I cannot remember, and potentially two embarassingly poor relegation seasons. I seriously chose the wrong club  :roll:

I've seen  5 relegations, 1982, 1990 (I'm counting this, even though it was a football league demotion as such, and was the worst footballing moment ever), 94, 95 and 2000.

Promotions were 86,87,90, 93 and 96 so five of those as well.

At least we haven't been a team like Rochdale who've been stuck in the old 4th Div for over 30 yrs, I've seen some excitement!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 10:12:18 »

Quote from: "Bedford Red"
Quote from: "reeves4england"

I've seen  5 relegations, 1982, 1990 (I'm counting this, even though it was a football league demotion as such, and was the worst footballing moment ever), 94, 95 and 2000.

Promotions were 86,87,90, 93 and 96 so five of those as well.

At least we haven't been a team like Rochdale who've been stuck in the old 4th Div for over 30 yrs, I've seen some excitement!
I agree that its more fun to move around. You get to see more grounds, have nail biters for different reasons....

But I have only seen the downside, apart from the play-offs
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 10:13:56 »

It took me 10 yrs before my first promotion. When we went down to Div 4 in 82 and then finished 17th in 1984 I didn't think I would be seeing one for a long time. So you never know what's round the corner.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 10:14:37 »

Quote from: "Bedford Red"
It took me 10 yrs before my first promotion. When we went down to Div 4 in 82 and then finished 17th in 1984 I didn't think I would be seeing one for a long time. So you never know what's round the corner.
I'm predicting financial ruin an dthe end of the club, but who knows!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: