Poll
Question: so what do we think about that!!!  (Voting closed: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 15:47:09)
love it - 35 (57.4%)
hate it - 26 (42.6%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: constable  (Read 58572 times)
DRS

« Reply #315 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 13:19:56 »

Hardly examples of your apparent 'draw' - all players who weren't getting first team football, expecting to start more games at Swindon, are they not?
Fair play for you defending him buddy but could you answer me this question as you seem to have missed it when i asked earlier. Why did your board say the following

A statement from the U's reads: "Oxford United Football Club can confirm they have received a much improved offer from Swindon Town Football Club for James Constable and after discussions with the player have given permission for him to talk to the club.

So are you saying that the conversation went like this

Chairman:We recieved a bid from Swindon for you
JC:I am not interested
Chairman:They are offering good money though
JC:I don't care i love oxford tell em to do one
Chairman:So let us get this straight you do not want to talk to them whatsoever
JC:Yes that is right
Chairman:Ok that is fine James well if you don't mind i am going to accept the bid anyway and tell our supporters you have decided to go for talks even though it's not true.

I am sure you can see OF how that does not quite add up
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 13:22:55 »

Hardly examples of your apparent 'draw' - all players who weren't getting first team football, expecting to start more games at Swindon, are they not?

You forgotten you called your "cult hero" a cunt then?

I'll take that as a win to be honest, especially as i wasn't fussed on the badge kissing twat anyway.
69 er

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 13:27:15 »

Constable turned us down when he went to Walsall, he's turned us down again.  Who cares, he's just another league two player, who I think will regret his decision in a couple of seasons time.  Don't really give a shit about Oxford, yes it's good to beat them but they really are a shitty little club in a suburb of Swindon.  The old stadium was crap and the new one is a three sided soulless place in the middle of nowhere.
i agree, They will be in this league for years, no money run of the mill shit club.

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 13:32:44 »

Fair play for you defending him buddy but could you answer me this question as you seem to have missed it when i asked earlier. Why did your board say the following

A statement from the U's reads: "Oxford United Football Club can confirm they have received a much improved offer from Swindon Town Football Club for James Constable and after discussions with the player have given permission for him to talk to the club.

So are you saying that the conversation went like this

Chairman:We recieved a bid from Swindon for you
JC:I am not interested
Chairman:They are offering good money though
JC:I don't care i love oxford tell em to do one
Chairman:So let us get this straight you do not want to talk to them whatsoever
JC:Yes that is right
Chairman:Ok that is fine James well if you don't mind i am going to accept the bid anyway and tell our supporters you have decided to go for talks even though it's not true.

I am sure you can see OF how that does not quite add up

I think the chairman told him they had accepted an offer and he should talk to the club concerned.
Flashheart

« Reply #319 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 13:33:52 »

I think the chairman told him they had accepted an offer and he should talk to the club concerned.

So why did he not just say no?........

"Oxford United Football Club can confirm they have received a much improved offer from Swindon Town Football Club for James Constable and after discussions the player has refused to speak to the club"

Why was something similar to the above not released?
« Last Edit: Friday, January 20, 2012, 13:35:25 by Flashheart » Logged
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 13:36:04 »

I think people just need to let this go.

It's over.

Move on.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 13:37:31 »

I think people just need to let this go.

It's over.

Move on.

Agreed, it's getting pathetic and pointless.

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 13:43:18 »

So why did he not just say no?........

He did. Sometimes boards try to force through moves against players wishes. It is quite common.
Windmill close wonder boy

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 14:00:09 »

Agree with Arriba here but also felt all the way through

a) Wilder doesnt fancy him as a hold up player and wants rid
b) Constable would rather stay as he likes it there (hence his dismayed twitter yesterday basically shocked the 'fans' had turned on him when he was being forced out)
and c) we might be being used to set a benchmark price so a and b could both be resolved.

The club say basically your going pal and because they know we want him that sets the price for somebody else to go for him, from their point of view club happy, he would rather stay but now knows he isnt wanted so leaves for a different club not us.

Also agree with an earlier post that if PDC doesn't trust Connell to do the job we need a finisher rather than another 'on the shoulder player'

oes anyone else remember the proper Shrivvy road characters like Dum and Dee, Wolfy and Lip with his lock knife ?
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 14:02:51 »

it is getting boring now, he didn't fancy the aggro and we as fans didnt really want the badge kissing twat anyway so let's all move on and leave them to get on with it.

Zzz
Jammy dodger

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 14:11:34 »

Didnt realize it would be such a long thread...ill make the poll available for all to see....interesting
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 14:39:29 »

Oxford have signed oli johnson apparently.

Isnt he shit aswell?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #327 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 14:46:54 »

Oxford have signed oli johnson apparently.

Isnt he shit aswell?
He isnt bad at this level in the past with Stockport and we have been linked to him a few times in the past but hes not been very good in the last few years.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 14:50:55 »

Most goals he scored in a season was something like 6 for Stockport.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
kerry red

« Reply #329 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 15:07:24 »

Thought he was quite good in Frnkie Goes To Hollywood

See Crawley have had a bid turned down for Constable - so he is going somewhere
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: