Poll
Question: so what do we think about that!!!  (Voting closed: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 15:47:09)
love it - 35 (57.4%)
hate it - 26 (42.6%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: constable  (Read 59208 times)
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 22:39:40 »

Oxford Fan could you explain why your club said this morning that after speaking to the player they agreed to let him talk to us and accepted our bid? Believe me or not but i guarantee you he was going to join but bottled it.

How could he have been about to join when he hadn't even spoken to your club? If you think he "bottled it", what do you think he reasons were for doing so? And don't say fucking twitter.

The club did accept the bid, did speak to our player (to tell him about the bid), and did grant him permission to talk to you. The player declined that option.

Why would he contemplate joining Swindon (L2) when he rejected Bournemouth (L1) where he DID agree a contract?
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 22:41:31 by oxford_fan » Logged
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 22:42:30 »

I seem to have missed a fair bit of drama today.
melksham_exile

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 22:43:57 »

fair enough OF and I guess that's the difference between the two clubs. For you he's a proven goalscorer and well liked. Why try and change that mid season?
For us he's ex Oxford, seems to run hot and cold and if he didn't start scoring quickly, I don't think he would've been given time and encouragement from our fans.
I personally would rather spend the money on someone completely outside of all of this. I wonder what Luke Rooney's made of his first few days?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #273 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 22:45:15 »

So the Scummers need the money so much they're prepared to pimp their top scorer / cult hero to their main rivals. The Scummer says yes I'd like to go to a team that is going places and I'd like to earn a lot more. The fans he is a cult hero to hope he gets cancer or crashes his car on the way to us ( nice touch that one given the shit Scummers have gone through in this regard ) and he decides not to move to us.
How the fuck is that going to be busniess as usual then OF. How the fuck can he go into the side on saturday and give his best given the knuckledraggers he's got to play in front of. He's turned down 2 moves to better clubs - fuck me, he's a tough date to get isn't he. OUFC have monumentally fucked up and no spin doctor is going to make this look good.
[email protected]

Want to change my name as this email doesn't exist

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 22:47:57 »

Why would he contemplate joining Swindon (L2) when he rejected Bournemouth (L1) where he DID agree a contract?
[/quote]

Could be any number of reasons.  Not being impressed by the Bournemouth setup, they may have wanted him to move closer to the area, he feels settled at Poxford, I could go on and on...

The reality is, in any profession, there are likely to be opportunities to move on to competitors and you decide not to because it "doesn't feel right". Doesn't hurt to at least explore the opportunity and negotiate on what you would be after IF you decide to move.  I recently turned down a 50% pay increase offer at a competitor because I didn't get a good vibe about the company.
DRS

« Reply #275 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 22:50:09 »

OF are you naive enough to think he hasn't been spoken to off the record. I have been told by someone who i trust has no reason to lie that he genuinly bottled it when it came down to it.I am more inclined to believe them than a oxford fan getting defensive. I aint going to argue but please explain why your lot would go public after they spoke to him and he said he had no intention of leaving? it doesn't make sense because it didn't happen like that
Dozno9

« Reply #276 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 22:51:22 »

He is simply a pub league player with balls the size of marbles. This saga has discredited the OUFC board and they have opened up that they are strapped for cash with no ambition to progress.
Dozno9

« Reply #277 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 22:52:33 »

OF are you naive enough to think he hasn't been spoken to off the record. I have been told by someone who i trust has no reason to lie that he genuinly bottled it when it came down to it.I am more inclined to believe them than a oxford fan getting defensive. I aint going to argue but please explain why your lot would go public after they spoke to him and he said he had no intention of leaving? it doesn't make sense because it didn't happen like that

I understand he met with PDC and then went back.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 22:52:55 »

How could he have been about to join when he hadn't even spoken to your club? If you think he "bottled it", what do you think he reasons were for doing so? And don't say fucking twitter.

The club did accept the bid, did speak to our player (to tell him about the bid), and did grant him permission to talk to you. The player declined that option.
That would be somewhat more believable if the oxford board hadn't then come out and told the press that he'd allowed Constable to talk to Swindon, having discussed the matter with him. The obvious conclusion is that he told them that he was interested in talking to Swindon.

Some subsequent event, therefore, made him change his mind.

Fucking twitter springs to my mind.......

« Last Edit: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 22:55:13 by Exiled Bob » Logged
kaufman

« Reply #279 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 23:03:23 »

That would be somewhat more believable if the oxford board hadn't then come out and told the press that he'd allowed Constable to talk to Swindon, having discussed the matter with him. The obvious conclusion is that he told them that he was interested in talking to Swindon.

Some subsequent event, therefore, made him change his mind.

Fucking twitter springs to my mind.......

Thinking about it now i was a bit harsh on the oxford board, It's in the boards interest to show the fans that as a business they are not turning down bids when the money is needed, Whether Constable wanted to talk to us or not is completely irrelevant.
DRS

« Reply #280 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 23:06:05 »

Then why didn't they say we accepted a bid but james doesn't want to talk to them? Because it didn't happen
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 23:09:44 »

Thinking about it now i was a bit harsh on the oxford board, It's in the boards interest to show the fans that as a business they are not turning down bids when the money is needed, Whether Constable wanted to talk to us or not is completely irrelevant.

Of course it's not irrelevant. If he had told the board that he wasn't interested they would not have made the announcement in the way that they did. They could simply have said, and surely would have said if they wanted to make a point to the fans, that a bid had been made that was acceptable to the club but that the player had told them he didn't want to move. If they'd done that they would have come out smelling of roses, as would Constable. As it is they have all been made to look like buffoons.

On the other hand it could have been just one big joke on Swindon........... Embarrassed
Jackstfc

« Reply #282 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 23:12:21 »

Apparently he refused to be quarantined for the mandatory period before being introduced to the rest of the team. Our club Drs. couldn't take the risk once they knew where he was coming from.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 02:40:52 »

I expect at some point today he's agent made a few enquirers and told him to hang fire as there will be a better offer on the way from club x soon.
Spencer_White

« Reply #284 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 07:04:30 »

Im sure he saw the treatment Beauchump got first hand. His dad was a season ticket holder then.

End of the day, blood runs thicker than water, so I hope we still dont boo him at the Kassam. We dont need to anyway.

This still isnt over, he will be leaving the Pox.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: