Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: o'hanlon  (Read 22151 times)
kaufman

« on: Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 09:35:02 »

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/News_Headlines_Story.asp?NewsID=5551

Sean: I want to stay here
24th May 2006

SEAN O’Hanlon has revealed he wants to extend his stay at the County Ground and, with negotiations well under way, admits he ‘does not foresee any problems’.

Town’s skipper admitted to growing frustration with the uncertainty hanging over the County Ground, but a double arrival on Monday looks to have cleared up his future.

While Dennis Wise and Gus Poyet were being unveiled as Town’s new management team, O’Hanlon was receiving his two-year contract offer at his Liverpool home.

He says there are still one or two small things to be ironed out but, describing Wise’s arrival as a huge boost, seems set to start the 2006/07 season in a Town shirt.

He said: “I finally got my contract through the post the other day. I had been given it verbally a few weeks ago but obviously with all this going on behind the scenes I didn’t know what was going on.

“My agent is looking at it at the moment and talking with the club. I am negotiating to stay with Swindon though. I like it here and things are underway to make sure I am here next season.

“There are still one or two small things to be ironed out but at the moment I don’t foresee any problems. It should all be sorted out within the next couple of weeks.”

The prospect of League Two football next season is not a pleasant one for the club but, with Wise and Poyet in tow, a brighter future could be on the horizon.

“It is a great boost,” said O’Hanlon. “They were both massive Premiership players and their arrival has to be good for the club.

“Hopefully the fans will come back and we can bounce straight back up with a good start to the season behind us.”
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 09:38:26 »

He gets soe shit of some, but I'm glad about this!
Piemonte

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 10:00:47 »

Adver exclusive tomorrow:

O'Hanlon signs for Bristol City
kevjoycreed

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 10:05:58 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"
Adver exclusive tomorrow:

O'Hanlon signs for Bristol City

Cool
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 10:34:05 »

Overated in my opinion.

pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 15:16:37 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"
Overated in my opinion.

On the basis of his performances last season, I would agree. But he has lots of potential, somewhat like Ifil. The new management team and a quality defensive coach could get the best out of these two. Emphasis on could.

I also think being Captain puts too much pressure on him.

Just my opinion.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 15:37:05 »

Agree with all of that, he is talented else wouldnt be playing but isnt captain material as that takes a certain prowless on the pitch.  Gurney (dare I say it) would make a better captain.

magnum150

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 17:39:57 »

Surely a Captain has to lead by example. Gurney does not.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 17:42:00 »

i dont think staying is a bad thing really
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 17:42:34 »

peacock is probably best candidate for captain, or smith. Both have experience and both have the right attitude. something for the youngsters to look up to.

Things get better but they never get good
SwindonTownFC

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 17:45:12 »

O'Hanlon is mint end of. Since hes been here been our best defender by a million miles
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 17:53:01 »

Not fussed if he stays or leaves. Sounds like another Igoe situation could occur though.
DMR

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 19:02:37 »

He can piss off.

"I guess I'm a bit like Sam Parkin in the [contract] respect"

No. Twat.
Reeves for King

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 20:27:04 »

That's all we need :evil:

“It is a great boost,” - you money grabbing cunt, only now do you decide to stay.

Fuck off.

here's the man himself when you need him?
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 20:58:00 »

Interesting that's he's saying Wise's arrival is a huge boost, clearly didn't rate iffy much then. I hope he stays.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: