Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 ... 66   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vile v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 60125 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #900 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 19:39:43 »

correct at least one glass bottle was thrown 100%

Cheers, if glass bottles are slipping under the radar then only a matter of time before there's an incident with knifes

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #901 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 20:46:03 »

Not surprisingly we won on the class stakes last night.
High pressure game, around the 70th minute their scoreboard celebrating the loss of one of their fans.
The vast majority of Swindon fans momentarily joining in the minutes applause.

There you go Vale - Everywhere we go ✊
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #902 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 20:51:23 »

Found myself wondering if Port Vale might be thrown out of the playoffs because of fans attacking the opposition's players.

Could just imagine that happening to us, but not something that I would want to happen 'just' to still give us a chance of going to Wembley.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #903 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 21:00:54 »

Club statement issued.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #904 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 21:03:48 »

Cheers, if glass bottles are slipping under the radar then only a matter of time before there's an incident with knifes

Fair enough. I only saw plastic bottles thrown. If there was glass bottles thrown then that's very serious indeed.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #905 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 21:15:56 »

Fair enough. I only saw plastic bottles thrown. If there was glass bottles thrown then that's very serious indeed.

No problem Bob just trying to work out how bad things were.

So, give no fucks
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #906 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 23:41:39 »

That club are just truly vile

What I witnessed last night was as the worst I’ve seen in 35 years watching the town. And worse of all the police and stewards were utterly useless.

Vale should have the highest sanction possible applied for those disgraceful antics.
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #907 on: Saturday, May 21, 2022, 00:00:18 »

24 hrs on from the event hasn’t made things much easier to take. Two separate threads to cover here.

Point 1, Town and the match; what a disappointment. We had every right to be confident ahead of the match, I saw it that way completely ahead of the match…it wasn’t arrogance or thinking we had the semi tied up at all. Fuck me any side that’s been through a 5-5 play off semi leg knows it’s never over. But ultimately we didn’t perform as you’d hope and expect us to. There were poor individual performances, particularly from the front 3, but as a whole unit we looked shot. Not surprising considering we’d played the last 5 or so matches as all out cup finals. Energy-wise it looked as if it really had caught up with us at Vale. Credit to Vale defence though, they managed to keep us very quiet. I didn’t think the goal we conceded at the CG would be so pivotal, but ultimately it was (still bitter about the McKirdy foul in the build up to it). Just such a shame we didn’t get the same break of luck where a blocked and deflected shot fell to one of our players in return. That’s what will haunt me from this, not giving their keeper anything to think about over the 120 minutes.

Secondly pitch invasions: I genuinely don’t know why the fuck people think this is such a conundrum to sort out. The very simple answer is that everyone that goes to a match, actually takes some fucking personal responsibility and accountability, and stays off the bastard pitch, no matter what happens. It really isn’t that hard a concept to grasp. Why the fucking hell every man and his dog thinks it’s deriguer to get on the pitch at any end of season victory these days is beyond me.
People who insist on getting on the pitch, for no other reason than the novelty for getting on the pitch, all they are doing is enabling the tiny minority of total wankers who want to get a dig at oppo players and fans. The fewer people on the fucking pitch in the first place, the easier it is to smoke out the twats who get on the pitch to cause trouble. It doesn’t take a genius to work out that it’s much harder to police (numbers for example) 100-200 idiots that fancy getting tasty, if there’s another 2000 getting on with them and getting in the way.
If the 98% of people on the pitch who are there to get some gormless fucking photo or video of them on the pitch to show what “pashun” they have for their club to their 5 mates on social media aren’t there, either the mob mentality of safety in numbers is vastly dimished reducing the chances of actual violence happening in the first place, or the likelihood of being two footed by security staff due to isolation, is much increased.
Town fans can clutch their pearls as much as they like, but I’d be surprised if the roles were reversed and the winning pen was stuck away at the CG, we wouldnt see similar scenes. The fact we’ve seen it at other matches this week that have sparked this conversation, suggests it’s a football societal problem, not just club problem. Fans manage to stay in the stands all through the year, why the fuck is there a need to get on the pitch at the end of it. Yes I include those that got on at Walsall, it was bizarre…We’re still stuck in this fucking league for fuck sake.

TLDR; humans aren’t that far developed beyond herd animals, they follow crowds. The more people they see normalising getting on the pitch, the higher the chances are of something nasty happening on the pitch. Stay off the pitch, even if you’re just there to get some shite video to wank over that evening. It’s not fucking hard.
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #908 on: Saturday, May 21, 2022, 05:26:42 »

24 hrs on from the event hasn’t made things much easier to take. Two separate threads to cover here.

Point 1, Town and the match; what a disappointment. We had every right to be confident ahead of the match, I saw it that way completely ahead of the match…it wasn’t arrogance or thinking we had the semi tied up at all. Fuck me any side that’s been through a 5-5 play off semi leg knows it’s never over. But ultimately we didn’t perform as you’d hope and expect us to. There were poor individual performances, particularly from the front 3, but as a whole unit we looked shot. Not surprising considering we’d played the last 5 or so matches as all out cup finals. Energy-wise it looked as if it really had caught up with us at Vale. Credit to Vale defence though, they managed to keep us very quiet. I didn’t think the goal we conceded at the CG would be so pivotal, but ultimately it was (still bitter about the McKirdy foul in the build up to it). Just such a shame we didn’t get the same break of luck where a blocked and deflected shot fell to one of our players in return. That’s what will haunt me from this, not giving their keeper anything to think about over the 120 minutes.

Secondly pitch invasions: I genuinely don’t know why the fuck people think this is such a conundrum to sort out. The very simple answer is that everyone that goes to a match, actually takes some fucking personal responsibility and accountability, and stays off the bastard pitch, no matter what happens. It really isn’t that hard a concept to grasp. Why the fucking hell every man and his dog thinks it’s deriguer to get on the pitch at any end of season victory these days is beyond me.
People who insist on getting on the pitch, for no other reason than the novelty for getting on the pitch, all they are doing is enabling the tiny minority of total wankers who want to get a dig at oppo players and fans. The fewer people on the fucking pitch in the first place, the easier it is to smoke out the twats who get on the pitch to cause trouble. It doesn’t take a genius to work out that it’s much harder to police (numbers for example) 100-200 idiots that fancy getting tasty, if there’s another 2000 getting on with them and getting in the way.
If the 98% of people on the pitch who are there to get some gormless fucking photo or video of them on the pitch to show what “pashun” they have for their club to their 5 mates on social media aren’t there, either the mob mentality of safety in numbers is vastly dimished reducing the chances of actual violence happening in the first place, or the likelihood of being two footed by security staff due to isolation, is much increased.
Town fans can clutch their pearls as much as they like, but I’d be surprised if the roles were reversed and the winning pen was stuck away at the CG, we wouldnt see similar scenes. The fact we’ve seen it at other matches this week that have sparked this conversation, suggests it’s a football societal problem, not just club problem. Fans manage to stay in the stands all through the year, why the fuck is there a need to get on the pitch at the end of it. Yes I include those that got on at Walsall, it was bizarre…We’re still stuck in this fucking league for fuck sake.

TLDR; humans aren’t that far developed beyond herd animals, they follow crowds. The more people they see normalising getting on the pitch, the higher the chances are of something nasty happening on the pitch. Stay off the pitch, even if you’re just there to get some shite video to wank over that evening. It’s not fucking hard.

This 100%. Pitch invasions make me cringe. It’s like watching a bunch of 5 year olds after too much sugar.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #909 on: Saturday, May 21, 2022, 06:43:45 »

I imagine Webber's comments are going to get a lot of discussion. From my standpoint I personally have no desire to run onto any pitch, I never have and probably never will, I don't personally see the point. Clearly they are very popular and a lot of fans do enjoy them and a peaceful invasion can look impressive. It's a whole other discussion but since we came out of Covid social behaviour has got worse and pitch invasions now seem to offer huge risks for players/staff as well as the liklihood of trouble between fans.

I don't think you can really ever stop fans running onto the pitch realistically, there is far too much of this 'we'll do what we want' mentally in the stands.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #910 on: Saturday, May 21, 2022, 06:50:53 »

Just give the promotion to Mansfield.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #911 on: Saturday, May 21, 2022, 07:25:13 »

Make clubs who have significant pitch invasions play three games behind closed doors. That will solve it

Things get better but they never get good
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #912 on: Saturday, May 21, 2022, 07:32:30 »

Shame we are having to talk about this.

Would much rather focus on the performance on the pitch - Although, there aren't many positives to draw out of that.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #913 on: Saturday, May 21, 2022, 07:35:35 »

It's time to move on build a new squad quickly, look foward to the fixtures coming out next month and get a decent pre-season behind us.
« Last Edit: Saturday, May 21, 2022, 07:41:21 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #914 on: Saturday, May 21, 2022, 08:47:58 »

It's time to move on build a new squad quickly, look foward to the fixtures coming out next month and get a decent pre-season behind us.
Exactly this, let’s move on,  we all know what the EFL will do about it. - FUCK ALL.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 ... 66   Go Up
Print
Jump to: