Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: next season  (Read 3025 times)
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, January 19, 2006, 08:07:54 »

That is true, the last season under Quinn was especially dire, and that was a forgone conclusion even at the point of the season then, that we are at now.

Your right,during that season the fact that we were going down was fairly obvious,i don't feel quite so negative about this season.I still think we could stay up and there is always a chance when you've got plenty of games left to play.
I fear though that if we go down we'll do a Stockport,who look like they are going to go down twice in a row....hhmm sounds familiar Sad Plus the idea of playing Accrington :shock:

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, January 19, 2006, 08:25:00 »

I don't think that relegation should have to kill us financially. I thought that relegation into this league would be a financial disaster which would kill the club in a couple of years but actually before we were relegated we were losing £2 million + each season even after getting £1 million for players like Ndah, which was unsustainable,  apart from the ridiculous Brady era although we're still losing money in this league, we're not losing as much as we were then.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, January 19, 2006, 09:38:16 »

Agree, our finances are incredibly linked to our gates, which have shown to be fairly healthy in all leagues provided we stay close to the top.

I don't think we can compare ourselves with Stockport who simply hit the skids and haven't stopped yest, much like our collapse in the relegation season which was followed by another season of touch and go.

I've knocked the board in the past, but at least the contracts being offered suggest a learning curve is evident.  I think they went with a high risk strategy to slash the bills one last time in an attempt to stem the losses.  It backfired but the transfer activity suggests they learned from the mistake.  The Walsall wage issue suggests others may gradually be falling into line with us, rather than us having to go back to offering more than we can afford.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, January 19, 2006, 11:27:57 »

my thoughts are well documented, when the pressure is on we bottle....
Piemonte

« Reply #34 on: Thursday, January 19, 2006, 11:33:09 »

I honestly think we will stay up with the signings that Iffy has made.

If we could just manage 3 straight wins to get out of the relegation zone I think we could even finish lower mid-table.

We need positive vibes at games - the performances at the end of the king era show how the atmosphere at games can affect the players
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #35 on: Thursday, January 19, 2006, 13:24:04 »

I refuse to believe Iffy has a defeatest attitute and is taking measures to stop the rot next season. Yes we have been shite this season but it's do or die time. Heroes are not born by cowardice and by bringing in new players Iffy is showing the players they must find some steel and not crumble under the pressure.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #36 on: Thursday, January 19, 2006, 13:24:54 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
I refuse to believe Iffy has a defeatest attitute and is taking measures to stop the rot next season. Yes we have been shite this season but it's do or die time. Heroes are not born by cowardice and by bringing in new players Iffy is showing the players they must find some steel and not crumble under the pressure.
do you write speeches for a living?

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #37 on: Thursday, January 19, 2006, 13:26:49 »

Quote from: "Whits"
Quote from: "simon pieman"
do you write speeches for a living?

I just read that back!
mattboyslim

« Reply #38 on: Thursday, January 19, 2006, 13:34:20 »

Are you Churchill in disguise?!

We will fight them on the terraces, we will fight them on the streets!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #39 on: Thursday, January 19, 2006, 13:39:56 »

I will bring a megaphone on saturday and shout it from the town end
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, January 19, 2006, 16:20:17 »

im getting fed up of all this negative we are definately down talk. yes we are in the relegation zone but if we drew the last game i think everyone would still be positive. we lost but its only 1 point lost( or 3 if u thort we would win).

town have some massive fixtures: still to play gillingham, rotherham, tranmere, yeovil, hartlepool, Franchise, and city.  5 out of the 7 of which are at home. these are games we can certainly get points out of and teams which are still in touching distance. we seem to be the only team out of those listed that seem to be making signings and strengthening.

last 12 games
Franchise- lost 6 drew 4 won 2
Rotherham- lost 7 drew 3 won 2
Blackpool- lost 5 drew 4 won 3
City- lost 5 drew 3 won 4
hartlepool- lost 7 drew 3 won 2
scunthorpe- lost 5 drew 6 won 1

swindon have lost 2 out of 12 and won 3 drew 7.  with the exception of city which seem to be clawing away even though are still in the thick of it, swindon are performing the best and are adding to the squad.  id rather be a swindon fan in 23rd than a scunthorpe fan in 18th and slipping fast.

a long post put i hope iv got the message across.

say we are staying up Beers
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, January 19, 2006, 16:32:53 »

I have far from given up.
From the limited viewings of the Town so far this season I would say that on our day we can perform, and as has been mentioned, just a few good results could see us keep climbing

IF
we were to go down then it is good to see these players on longer contracts as they could be important. A season haging around the play-off places would be perfectly acceptable and who knows, if we could keep a large core of the squad together we could till be a strong side. Just imagine a core of Evans, Seano, Ifil, Migs, Gurns and Fallon in League 2  Cool
Dave885

« Reply #42 on: Friday, January 20, 2006, 22:19:42 »

yeah i would agree with this banter! two year contracts sez it all i'm afraid..but there is still hope at the moment.........i hope!  :|
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: