Pages: 1 ... 3401 3402 3403 [3404] 3405 3406 3407 ... 3979   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9022074 times)
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #51045 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2023, 09:40:58 »

Not sure that's correct, a look at Wiki suggests that Chelsea presently have 22 out on loan and even if its a FL/PL thing more than 8 of them are on loan at FL clubs.
Sorry, you have to register or bypass the paywall to read it, but:
https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/loan-rules-new-explained-fifa-regulations-chelsea-man-city-liverpool-players-1413714

From 1 July, clubs will only be able to have eight players loaned out and eight loaned in during a season. That number will go down to seven from July 2023 and will reduce again to six from July 2024.]Fifa has introduced new regulations to limit the number of loan moves clubs are able to sanction in order to “prevent the hoarding of players”.

From 1 July, clubs will only be able to have eight players loaned out and eight loaned in during a season. That number will go down to seven from July 2023 and will reduce again to six from July 2024.

However, it does state also that:

The cap does not apply to players aged 21 and under, or players who are “club trained” – so those who have been with either their current club or another in the same national association for at least three years between the ages of 15-21. These are usually referred to in the Premier League as “homegrown” players.]The cap does not apply to players aged 21 and under, or players who are “club trained” – so those who have been with either their current club or another in the same national association for at least three years between the ages of 15-21. These are usually referred to in the Premier League as “homegrown” players.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #51046 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2023, 09:58:44 »

Got told that both Kai Corbett & Malachi Fagan-Walcott were both at the club yesterday but not sure why the deals didn't go through.  I guess we couldn't agree terms with either player or club
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #51047 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2023, 10:06:07 »

Ta
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #51048 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2023, 10:10:42 »

Spurs lad ran out of time.
Couldn’t sign his long ass name before the deadline.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #51049 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2023, 10:14:31 »

The window is open for a month. He was rumoured to be training with our squad last week. Why does it have to go to the final day to sort things out. I doubt Spurs were waiting to see how things panned out their end before releasing him. Why not do it a week earlier?

I don't know why deals get to the final day, but they invariably always do - for context, between 1st January and 30th January there were 258 deals done and yesterday alone there were 110. Perhaps in many cases players and agents leave things as long as possible in order to get the most interest in their player/themselves. When we announced the recent signing of Jake Cain it was stated we tried to get that done in the summer, again that could have been down to a load of factors.

Maybe we could only afford to sign one of Tomlinson (obviously assuming we are paying some or all of his wages here) or Fagan-Walcott and when the Tomlinson move to Doncaster fell down we decided to go for Joe. I suppose we'll never know what happens behind the scenes with these deals but I am sure they drag on in many cases for one or many reasons.   

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #51050 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2023, 10:17:08 »

Its an ok window. We've made some good signings and most importantly have kept hold of Williams.

We've had more go out than come in though and that is an issue, particularly at the back. We've let Macdonald go and not replace him. FBT can fill in at CB and be one of our better players but Tomlinson is apparently not fully fit, Clayton hasn't played much and Brennan simply isn't very good in my opinion bar a couple of half decent performances, he's been awful.

A lot of it at the back will depend on who we can get/keep fit or not if we're short there or not.

Can we still make loan signings? I've read its down to EFL dispensation, they may not see "being a bit light at the back" as much of an emergency.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #51051 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2023, 10:20:36 »

Its an ok window. We've made some good signings and most importantly have kept hold of Williams.

We've had more go out than come in though and that is an issue, particularly at the back. We've let Macdonald go and not replace him. FBT can fill in at CB and be one of our better players but Tomlinson is apparently not fully fit, Clayton hasn't played much and Brennan simply isn't very good in my opinion bar a couple of half decent performances, he's been awful.

A lot of it at the back will depend on who we can get/keep fit or not if we're short there or not.

Can we still make loan signings? I've read its down to EFL dispensation, they may not see "being a bit light at the back" as much of an emergency.

I think the only players we can sign now are free agents and keepers on a 7 day emergency loan.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #51052 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2023, 10:22:25 »

Its going to be a case of hoping for a bit of luck with the fitness of Clayton and Tomlinson being a huge part of our season then, I think.
DMC

« Reply #51053 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2023, 11:40:35 »

I agree it's a shame we couldn't get the extra defender in. On the plus side we have looked alot more dangerous and can score goals so that helps
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #51054 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2023, 11:53:18 »

Quote from: RJack
Got told that both Kai Corbett & Malachi Fagan-Walcott were both at the club yesterday but not sure why the deals didn't go through.  I guess we couldn't agree terms with either player or club

or our expected outs didn't go?

I've no idea how close to wage cap we are. Compete guess
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #51055 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2023, 11:56:56 »

Let's hope Morris can Get Jephcott firing

So, give no fucks
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #51056 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2023, 11:57:23 »

Stinky to let Macdonald go and not replace, guess its an opportunity for Minturn to step up.

If the kid from Bristol City is a destroyer then happy with that
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #51057 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2023, 12:00:29 »

I agree it's a shame we couldn't get the extra defender in. On the plus side we have looked alot more dangerous and can score goals so that helps

You'd like to think that being more attacking and less pissing about back and forth across the centre circle might help the defence as well.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #51058 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2023, 12:32:37 »

or our expected outs didn't go?

I've no idea how close to wage cap we are. Compete guess
Yeah could be.  Also was expecting Tomlinson to sign so maybe that scuppered the deals as it took us to the wage cap
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #51059 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2023, 13:50:50 »

Stinky to let Macdonald go and not replace, guess its an opportunity for Minturn to step up.

If the kid from Bristol City is a destroyer then happy with that

He describes himself as a box to box midfielder
Pages: 1 ... 3401 3402 3403 [3404] 3405 3406 3407 ... 3979   Go Up
Print
Jump to: