Pages: 1 ... 3400 3401 3402 [3403] 3404 3405 3406 ... 3979   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9022758 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #51030 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2023, 08:45:23 »

I was surprised we didn't shift more out. I do feel sorry for Adeloye, being in limbo is no fun for him.

Suppose again we tried.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #51031 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2023, 08:47:38 »

Disapointed that we couldnt get a deal done for Malachi Fagan-Walcott.

He is exactly the type of signing that we should be making if we are going the moneyball route.

Did hear a rumour that after the signing of Blake-Tracy and with Hepburn-Murphy also at the club we were at the budget cap for letters on the back of shirts, perhaps if they could have shipped out Wynn-Davis it could have been made to work.

Seriously its strange that something that had been rumoured for a few days just seemed to have died a death I wonder whether Morris just didn't fancy him.

I notice that the rumoured by some glut of Chelsea loanees didn't appear, not sure what Morris's relationship with Chelsea is actually like after he was sacked by them with Lampard, plus I imagine even if its good the suggested spat about Brand's departure probably wouldn't have helped us.

We could probably do with Lampard and Terry getting back into employment somewhere if the suggested personal relationships are correct, that would then advance more options for loans.

All in all a reasonable window, some players out who were apparently crap until the club let them go and now are apparently indispensable, a revised squad and a new manager, interesting times ahead.

Albeit Sandro's a bit of a state this morning.

« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 1, 2023, 08:50:44 by horlock07 » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #51032 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2023, 09:03:15 »

Feels a little underwhelming tbh

Not a huge fan of Brennan, so him being left so high up the depth chart doesn’t give Me much confidence

No idea what Kadji is like as a player - anything other than a ‘destroyer’ mould is a waste of a loan and leaves us seriously lacking

Also think that not adding another attacking mid/wide forward could bite us at some point. RHMs injury prone, Wakeling is raw, shade is patchy and Darcy is overrated. Would have liked another one in

We’re stronger than we were on December 31st, but I wouldn’t say we look top 3 strong. Morris could be the real difference maker in that regard

There is no typical Youtube highlights but Kadji (number 27) features in this game. Bit of a mixed bag really but a minute sample size of course.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #51033 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2023, 09:09:40 »

Can’t understand why that went down to the wire. Could hardly have been a difficult one to sort.
I saw on Twitter earlier someone saying that it was because Spurs had already reached the maximum of 8 players out on loan so they couldn't loan him to us as it was dependant on Spurs freeing up the required loan space.

Then again I read (on here probably) that he was going to be a permanent. Maybe we couldn't agree terms with Spurs (or the player.)....so a loan move was agreed on but it fell through due to the maximum loan rule. Who knows? A lot of moves are reliant on other players being moved about to free up loan spaces or wages.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #51034 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2023, 09:16:50 »

I saw on Twitter earlier someone saying that it was because Spurs had already reached the maximum of 8 players out on loan so they couldn't loan him to us as it was dependant on Spurs freeing up the required loan space.

Not sure that's correct, a look at Wiki suggests that Chelsea presently have 22 out on loan and even if its a FL/PL thing more than 8 of them are on loan at FL clubs.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #51035 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2023, 09:18:43 »

Well, well.

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united-defender-joins-swindon-town-after-doncaster-rovers-move-falls-through-4009228
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #51036 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2023, 09:19:58 »

Good window overall but a centre back short. Minturn looked good the other day so hopefully we can see a bit more from him for the rest of the season. Has looked streaks better than Brennan to me

Interesting take on Minturn. He played 16 minutes and for about 10 of those Gillingham offered absolutely nothing going forward until Khan got sent off. That said, I do think he looks assured and with the right coaching could be a solid Centre Back. It's surely about time we saw some of our own developed players coming through the academy system. Brennan is a capable CB but is still quite raw. The incident where he got booked (could have been red on another day) was clever play by Nicholls who forced Brennan to misjudge the ball and get fouled. Brennan has been up and down in my eyes, some games he looked excellent and in others a little clumsy.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #51037 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2023, 09:20:22 »

We were one short at CH before, and we let one leave and didn’t replace them so that has to be a concern.

Unless they think Minturn can play regularly in the first team we are down to FBT, Clayton (injured), Brennan (injured), Harries (injured) and Iandolo (not a CH).

Hope Morris doesn’t want to play with 3 CH’s

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #51038 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2023, 09:21:35 »

Clayton is fine now
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #51039 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2023, 09:25:21 »

Clayton is fine now

Hopefully, but wasn’t fit enough for the bench on Saturday so there’s always a risk.

Even so, leaves us with two & no real cover unless Minturn is ready
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #51040 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2023, 09:29:52 »

Brennan is a capable CB but is ..

injured. Anyone know what the prognosis is?
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #51041 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2023, 09:30:40 »

Can’t understand why that went down to the wire. Could hardly have been a difficult one to sort.

I'm making a presumption here, that I have the same amount of experience in professional football as you but how can you possibly begin to know how difficult or easy it is to do these deals? I'm sure behind the scenes at both clubs there are a myriad of factors and constantly moving parts that affect deals on transfer deadline day.

It might be a deal we look to resurrect in the summer I guess.  
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 1, 2023, 09:51:41 by Bob's Orange » Logged

RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #51042 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2023, 09:34:40 »

I don't  often comment on playing matters because I so rarely get to see a game, so I'm hardly qualified! But it does seem to me that the key to the rest of the season is how Morris manages the team. Most of the tested players have shown flashes of inspiration, but the team as a whole has not sparked as we all hoped it would. My fear is that the statistic-based gameplay is formulaic and undermines the unexpected and exciting. Gav obviously took the leash off, and something different happened with the same players (+ Austin). Morris, hopefully,  will now manage that team rather than the Lindsey team.....who knows what might happen?!
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #51043 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2023, 09:36:09 »

I wonder if we will be scouring the free transfer market for a defender, we do look light there and with 1 or 2 injuries we are in trouble as Minturn is untried it would be a risk to throw him straight in

Ref - Spurs  - that didn't affect us, the reached the maximum of 8 international loans so they ended up having to release Matt Doherty so he could join Atletico Madrid (?) before it fell through, lets hope they released the lad so he can sign permanent here today otherwise it would seem odd as it was seemingly being discussed for a couple of days.

Assume the Peterborough lad (Walcott ?) didn't happen as we went for Tomlinson instead from them

You would assume all these signing's are Sandro's doing as the new head coach probably would not have known what positions needed strengthening let alone the type of player needed not having been here that long

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #51044 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2023, 09:38:28 »

I'm making a presumption her that I have the same amount of experience in professional football as you but how can you possibly begin to know how difficult or easy it is to do these deals? I'm sure behind the scenes at both clubs there are a myriad of factors and constantly moving parts that affect deals on transfer deadline day.

It might be a deal we look to resurrect in the summer I guess. 
The window is open for a month. He was rumoured to be training with our squad last week. Why does it have to go to the final day to sort things out. I doubt Spurs were waiting to see how things panned out their end before releasing him. Why not do it a week earlier?
Pages: 1 ... 3400 3401 3402 [3403] 3404 3405 3406 ... 3979   Go Up
Print
Jump to: