Pages: 1 ... 171 172 173 [174] 175 176 177 ... 211   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 378788 times)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #2595 on: Monday, January 1, 2024, 20:01:58 »

Other than Brewitt, who I think is an solid backup CB for a decent L2 team but has a great attitude and puts his body on the line in a way that few modern players do, I actually don't care about a single other player in this squad.

I used to about FBT but think he's been dire latterly.

You could bin everyone and I'd only be sad about Brewitt, and that wouldn't really be for footballing reasons anyway. More the much debated 'passion'!

A pathetic and unprecedented state of affairs.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #2596 on: Monday, January 1, 2024, 20:18:45 »

Aguiar scored yet again for Worthing today
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #2597 on: Monday, January 1, 2024, 20:54:23 »

We don’t have a recall clause
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #2598 on: Monday, January 1, 2024, 20:55:35 »

Who knows? Flynn said we could recall him. I certainly would if we can.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2599 on: Monday, January 1, 2024, 21:19:01 »

I wouldn't. No better than Cain at this level
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #2600 on: Monday, January 1, 2024, 21:24:38 »

I wouldn't. No better than Cain at this level
I suppose it partly comes down to squad depth. Although he may be no better than Cain, he probably is better than Dworzak etc. At worst he will improve our bench.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #2601 on: Monday, January 1, 2024, 21:27:59 »

It is not a squad of players that gives me any sense of excitement or expectation for a brighter future.  It's missing so many key ingredients, and that was before two major pieces marched back to their parents.

We are at least five first team players short of a proper competitive team, probably more.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #2602 on: Monday, January 1, 2024, 21:31:47 »

Other than Brewitt, who I think is an solid backup CB for a decent L2 team but has a great attitude and puts his body on the line in a way that few modern players do, I actually don't care about a single other player in this squad.

I used to about FBT but think he's been dire latterly.

You could bin everyone and I'd only be sad about Brewitt, and that wouldn't really be for footballing reasons anyway. More the much debated 'passion'!

A pathetic and unprecedented state of affairs.

I agree, Brewitt (as backup) is fine if you're trying to build a promotion side at this level.

I do think FBT is good enough. He's far down the list of issues we have. Same with Godwin-Malife. Perhaps one day we'll play them both at full back and get some real defenders in.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2603 on: Monday, January 1, 2024, 21:34:05 »

Go back 4 years ago to the day we had just won at Plymouth and were about to lose Doyle & Yates but at that time we had a really good squad, were at the top of the league and even Power was behaving himself.

So, give no fucks
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #2604 on: Monday, January 1, 2024, 21:36:47 »

I agree, Brewitt (as backup) is fine if you're trying to build a promotion side at this level.

I do think FBT is good enough. He's far down the list of issues we have. Same with Godwin-Malife. Perhaps one day we'll play them both at full back and get some real defenders in.

I was more saying that, good enough or not, I don't give a tinker's fuck about any of them.

Other than the obvious...

« Last Edit: Monday, January 1, 2024, 21:41:32 by Mooneyraker » Logged
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #2605 on: Monday, January 1, 2024, 21:45:08 »

FBT at left back and Godwin-Malife at right back would be the basis of a decent enough defence, just need two centre backs.  Brewitt and Clayton providing the cover, as one really isn't good enough to be a starter and the other is barely fit enough to start.  Send Minturn out on loan.  Then you need to move on to the midfield and forwards.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2606 on: Monday, January 1, 2024, 21:46:05 »

Exactly
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #2607 on: Monday, January 1, 2024, 21:47:04 »

FBT at left back and Godwin-Malife at right back would be the basis of a decent enough defence, just need two centre backs.  Brewitt and Clayton providing the cover, as one really isn't good enough to be a starter and the other is barely fit enough to start.  Send Minturn out on loan.  Then you need to move on to the midfield and forwards.

Agreed but... what about GK?!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #2608 on: Monday, January 1, 2024, 21:51:25 »

We need a new one, but it can wait until the end.  Ward is not good enough, but there are gaping holes in front of him that need fixing first.

None of this will happen of course.......

I'd sign two central midfielders, one who can attack a bit and one who can defend a lot.  Khan to be the third.  The rest of our midfielders can be back-ups.

I'd have Kokolo as a left sided attacking player and Hutton on the right (I am not sure on either of them in those roles, but we can't expect to replace everyone!)

Then a striker upfront who has some athleticism.  Assuming Austin and RHM can be the sub.

Then a first team ready GK.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #2609 on: Monday, January 1, 2024, 21:53:05 »

We need a new one, but it can wait until the end.  Ward is not good enough, but there are gaping holes in front of him that need fixing first.

None of this will happen of course.......

I'd sign two central midfielders, one who can attack a bit and one who can defend a lot.  Khan to be the third.  The rest of our midfielders can be back-ups.

I'd have Kokolo as a left sided attacking player and Hutton on the right (I am not sure on either of them in those roles, but we can't expect to replace everyone!)

Then a striker upfront who has some athleticism.  Assuming Austin and RHM can be the sub.

Then a first team ready GK.

I'm actually pretty despondent for exactly this reason.

In the past there has always been some mad hope going into a window. I have absolutely none this time.
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 173 [174] 175 176 177 ... 211   Go Up
Print
Jump to: