Pages: 1 ... 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 ... 211   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 378803 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #2340 on: Thursday, November 2, 2023, 09:34:50 »

Hardly a wrong un if he’s not been convicted of wrong un things.

He'll be judged a "wrong un " by many idiots who believe "there's no smoke.....etc".

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #2341 on: Thursday, November 2, 2023, 09:34:57 »

Putting the backstory of Williams Kokolo to the side.

If we were all presented with the career of a player with his background then we'd be questioning why on earth Michael Flynn was looking to sign a player for an already knackered squad who last played a competitive game in August 2022 (and that was only 45 minutes).

14 months without competitive football is long time and there's a big difference between 'staying fit' and playing professional football.

Either way, he may sign and change our season for the good or not end up signing at all such is the unpredictably of football but this is a penny pinching bargain bucket potential signature.

Not that many will care but it doesn't scream of a 'Clem has money for four quality signings in January' rhetoric that's been mentioned by some fans.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2342 on: Thursday, November 2, 2023, 09:36:16 »

The idea that the fans were happy to let Morris go on after 4 wins in 18 games is just more rewriting of history to suit a narrative, the fact that he doesn't seem to have popped up anywhere else says a hell of a lot.

As for the argument that he is some sort of sage that was hoodwinked into becoming our manager, has that even been proven, if he was, either he or his agent are fucking useless as a quick search of Twitter and/or the interweb would have led them here at least where it was being stated as fact that we were a skint basket case way before he took the gig, plus how long was he here until his mate Brand rolled up, arsehole of the highest order to let your mate leave a job at a top club to come to a place you know is dying on its arse.

Also not forgetting either side of Morris - Mad Gav managed to pick up 1 win less than Morris in 14 fewer games…so it’s not like he took over a poor side sat bottom of the league without a hope in hell…
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #2343 on: Thursday, November 2, 2023, 09:38:39 »

The idea that the fans were happy to let Morris go on after 4 wins in 18 games is just more rewriting of history to suit a narrative, the fact that he doesn't seem to have popped up anywhere else says a hell of a lot.

As for the argument that he is some sort of sage that was hoodwinked into becoming our manager, has that even been proven, if he was, either he or his agent are fucking useless as a quick search of Twitter and/or the interweb would have led them here at least where it was being stated as fact that we were a skint basket case way before he took the gig, plus how long was he here until his mate Brand rolled up, arsehole of the highest order to let your mate leave a job at a top club to come to a place you know is dying on its arse.

I think there was some degree of Morris taking a look at the facilities/day to day running here after being at Chelsea/Derby and thinking “this isn’t for me”. But whether that was through being hoodwinked or naivety I’m not sure.

That being said, for all his grumblings in pressers, a lot of it was actually valid things to levy criticism at and without expecting us to run day to day like Chelsea/Derby, he did make some valid points about how things aren’t up to scratch like they should be here.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2344 on: Thursday, November 2, 2023, 09:39:48 »

Don’t managers who get paid off have to stay on ‘gardening leave’ for a time. Maybe now he’s been finally paid off he’ll pop up somewhere
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #2345 on: Thursday, November 2, 2023, 09:42:49 »

Putting the backstory of Williams Kokolo to the side.

If we were all presented with the career of a player with his background then we'd be questioning why on earth Michael Flynn was looking to sign a player for an already knackered squad who last played a competitive game in August 2022 (and that was only 45 minutes).

14 months without competitive football is long time and there's a big difference between 'staying fit' and playing professional football.

Either way, he may sign and change our season for the good or not end up signing at all such is the unpredictably of football but this is a penny pinching bargain bucket potential signature.

Not that many will care but it doesn't scream of a 'Clem has money for four quality signings in January' rhetoric that's been mentioned by some fans.

Absolutely agree. There are potentially really good players still out there. I was shocked to see Lyle Taylor out of contract for example. But we are absolutely nowhere near anyone like that. Even a Brewitt/McEachran type (years at top academies, representative honours for their countries) seems beyond us. This is last turkey in the shop territory and we have a tiny squad as it is. #RealDeal #Competitive
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2346 on: Thursday, November 2, 2023, 09:45:13 »

And your intense research has found him guilty?

And, of course, unlike a trial other matters don’t get to hear both sides of the argument.

I haven't read any of the evidence of this particular case and don't intend to, and am not passing judgement on this particular case. I'm just laughing at your insistence that people *have* to not question the decisions of government institutions, when that is pretty much all you do all day on this forum.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2347 on: Thursday, November 2, 2023, 09:48:03 »

I think there was some degree of Morris taking a look at the facilities/day to day running here after being at Chelsea/Derby and thinking “this isn’t for me”. But whether that was through being hoodwinked or naivety I’m not sure.

That being said, for all his grumblings in pressers, a lot of it was actually valid things to levy criticism at and without expecting us to run day to day like Chelsea/Derby, he did make some valid points about how things aren’t up to scratch like they should be here.

This is almost certainly rubbish so take it however you will but I heard that during the hiring process Morris was shown around Foundation Park and advised that this was basically our training centre. (which I assume we said we were expanding or whatever) He wasn't particularly happy with what we actually had.

Anyway - this thread is going wildly off topic - superb!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2348 on: Thursday, November 2, 2023, 09:49:11 »

As I said at least a trial hears both sides of the story.  If you want to believe all the official stuff on other subjects, feel free. I’m sure the government wouldn’t hide anything.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2349 on: Thursday, November 2, 2023, 10:24:18 »

According to Whelan he’s been here for a week on trial. Doesn’t mean he’s signing, I suppose.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2350 on: Thursday, November 2, 2023, 10:56:29 »

This is almost certainly rubbish so take it however you will but I heard that during the hiring process Morris was shown around Foundation Park and advised that this was basically our training centre. (which I assume we said we were expanding or whatever) He wasn't particularly happy with what we actually had.

On that basis he must have been shocked when he arrived to discover that our squad was not made up of a load of kids and elderly people? I'm sorry but there is a fair bit of Mandy Rice Davies in everything Morris said when he was here.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #2351 on: Thursday, November 2, 2023, 10:59:45 »

The thing with Morris is that he turned a team that was comfortably mid table with a decent chance of the playoffs into a team that looked like relegation fodder, and then blamed everyone else for it.

joeydubya

Ignore
« Reply #2352 on: Thursday, November 2, 2023, 11:02:20 »

The thing with Morris is that he turned a team that was comfortably mid table with a decent chance of the playoffs into a team that looked like relegation fodder, and then blamed everyone else for it.

Flogging three key players quickly and bringing in Cain and Kadji without his knowledge didn't exactly help.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #2353 on: Thursday, November 2, 2023, 11:57:45 »

Kadji was Morris’ pick - albeit a last minute one
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #2354 on: Thursday, November 2, 2023, 12:10:19 »

I mean, that is so unlikely that it is precisely the thing we can believe Zav would do if he were allowed to don the Recruitment jacket for a day instead of the special guest jacket.

Please be true.

Morris was shit and deserved the sack.
Nothing he said about the set-up was wrong.
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 ... 211   Go Up
Print
Jump to: